FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RP: First Steps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I missed Asa's bit about Dr Gregory etc, so consider this paragraph appended to the appropriate point. It won't be much.))

The medic's comment seemed a bit pointed, abnd Gibbs noted her looking askance at him as she made it. He gave a mental shrug and went about his business. If she proved herself able in a man's job, so much the better. But he didn't expect a lot.

--

((And back to the present day...))

Gibbs looked up from his work to see the American's head stuck through his door. So far, the gent had seemed personable enough, so he stowed the last of his gear in his locker and went to the door. ((Did knock knock jokes exist in 1920? Who cares, they did now...)) "Who's there?" he answered with a smile.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(("The American" I love it XD))

"Norma Lee," he said with a crooked grin. There were a few reasons he sought out the British Military man, not the least of which was the military training itself. High among the rest of the list was that Damien was, in fact, just a bit mischievous

A lot of people have been pushed out of the military, with the governments tripping over themselves to try and maintain power. This guy's just as displaced as anyone, but he's had proper military training at least.

((Assuming the respose of "Norma Lee who", to save time))

"Norma Lee I don't go around knocking on people's doors, but I figured I would try and get to know the gunnery crew well before we're put in a situation of working together under pressure," he continued with the impish smile.

"I don't recall if I gave you my name, I'm Damien Raude."

((Edit: Fixed a sentence that didn't quite make sense))

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She considered this for a moment, and then nodded, "Yes, I think I will come with you the cargo bay. I need to retrieve my belongings."

While she was interested in getting to know the captain and crew she would be traveling with, she wanted to get important business out of the way. Pointing at the various exposed wires, "I think I should need to see the electrical prints of this ship, so I can know what goes where and what wires not to cross. It's very important that the ship be in as best condition as we can make it."

She thought for a moment, "I do hope the munitions and provisions are not so exposed."

(With Jameson -> Cargo bay)
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Sparrow

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvy smiled as the alien took her own route down. It was a refreshing change from her old boss, of the same species, that didn't have the same comfort with interspecies differences that Thieli seemed to. Always making things kind of awkward when differences came up. Anyways, Jarvy was refreshed that her new home wouldn't have the same weird divide.

"Actually, that seems to work out fine. Honestly, having people tramping up and down the stairs right outside would drive me nuts- but the extra space... its tough. But I'm much happier being your neighbor."

Backing up the last few feet to the room next to Thieli had chosen, Jarvy took her jacket off and closed the door to her chosen room on it, leaving the maroon color hanging stark against the dull color of the door.

"Gonna go grab my stuff," she said as she motioned in the direction of the cargo hold. "I've read your records of course, but what do you do for fun, praytell?"

((For the record, its the second biggest room that she's chosen :) ))

((In berth hallway, waiting for Th, walking towards teh stairs))
Tomato

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ok, lets go then." Jameson replied to the slightly younger woman.

He walked past her, towards the elevator and took it down to the lowest deck - the hold. Inside the hold were two recently placed liquid storage cylinders, marked "WARNING," and "DANGER," etc. He patted one reverently, and walked past them towards the weighed storage containers. He unconsciously scratched a hand on the back of his neck, nearest to where his gravity implant was located, then motioned towards one of the nearer storage containers. It was clearly marked "Property of Captain Jameson Eisner".

His hand stretched forth, the air around it shifted to a slight purple hew for a brief split-second, and then just as quickly the phased light disemminated. The container, however, seemed to have a similarly purple-hued aura radiating from the top edge of the container. The bin lifted into the air slowly but surely as the captain continued to hold his hand above the bin. It lifted up, and away, and hovered away from the stack. At about three feet from the ground, settling over an empty patch of steel, the bin suddenly stopped glowing and the container dropped rather noisily to the cargo bay floor.

The captain sighed a breath of relief - he had been holding his breath the whole time, and walked over to the crate. Unhinging the clasps, he unsealed the container revealing some small personal effects and clothing - and most significantly, a large red, punching bag. The huge, simple leather bound weight was rather worn and beat up, but had a certain character to it - the captain and it had been through alot together apparently.

The captain touched the back of his neck again - subconsciously - and waved the bag into the air, somewhat less delicately than he had been with the box it came in. It swivled around, until it was standing on end - right side up. The bag dropped to the ground, safely away from his box of effects and directly beneath a handily placed girder. The chain at the top of the bag swung ineffectually for a moment, and so reminded, the captain grabbed hold of it and swung it up and over the girder, letting it drape down the side so it met back at the top of the bag.

"Hmm... a bit low, but it'll do." He murmured aloud.

Jameson began rummaging through his box for something else.

He looked up at Johanna, and nodded towards some boxes near the cargo bay entrance. "Your personal items are near the door, I'd imagine. They may or may not have your name on them. Kindly let me know if you need any help."

((Bridge>Hold - making the assumption that Johanna is following him.))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is generally speaking, the model I'd like to see people using for implant use. A description of exactly what's happening, with a general understanding that while this power is useful - it's not entirely precise. Also; note that the captain has something of a nervous tick in that when he uses his implant, he subconsciously scratches at it. This is not required for all characters, and honestly - if you're going to have a nervous tick or whatever little idiosynchrisy, please make it different from mine. :O

Another note: I'm, of course, reserving the right to require alterations to any 'implant abuse' I detect. So, moving stuff around with a gravity implant? Cool! Throwing dozens of enemy spacecraft down a mystical gravity well with the same implant? Not cool! You follow? I want these to be locally useful - not much more than that though.

Any questions? Put em in OOC. Very Happy

Last edited by Tomato on Wed May 21, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(In case it's not obvious, Thieli's moods will show on her skin as it's harder for her to smile without looking menacing, yellow=relaxed/friendly, pink=happy, blue=angry/frustrated as a basic))

Thieli nodded as Jarvy smiled, the yellow dots on her skin increased in number and a few pink ones added into the mix.

She was glad that her lack of mimicking human walking didn't bother Jarvy, as she had no intention on starting that bizarre habit that some of her species had acquired.

"Well I appreciate that you don't mind my taking the bigger room, it's easier for me to zip down to the engine room," One of Thieli's eyes swiveled back to look at the stair well, "I figure I could make it down in 2 to 3 leaps at most."

As she continued to talk said eye continued to flick in various directions looking at the progress of the occupied rooms. However, she did keep one eye focused on Jarvy.

"However, should you need some extra room, I'd be happy to share some of my space. Individual rooms are a bit of a novelty, coming from a colony ship."

Thieli crouched and pulled one of the drawstrings from a pant leg, tied the remaining one (there are 2 per leg) in a makeshift way to keep it shut, and shut it in the door emulating Jarvy's claiming technique.

Thieli proceeded Jarvy to the stairs, keeping an eye looking back over her shoulder (ie focused on Jarvy), "I need to acquire my baggage as well." Thieli's skin "pinked" a little more at Jarvy's question, most humans seemed too afraid to ask after a Sreekaanse's hobbies, "Well in my spare time I love to play a Sreekaanse game called predator and prey, from my research it appears to be rather similar to chess, except no one knows who the predator/prey is until someone wins. I managed to squeak a set into my luggage allotment, not sure who I'm going to play with. Perhaps I'll have to teach someone. Do you per chance know of it?"

((OOC: Spar, you can "move" them down to the cargo bay if you like))

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna watched the Captain display his gravity implant silently. When he was done, she showed a small smile. He showed her where she could find her belongings.

She found her bags and chest. "Thank-you, Captain. I think I'll go and find a cabin to place these in, then maybe introduce myself to some of the crew." The chest and bags would be too much for her to carry in one trip, but she dragged the chest onto the lift and threw her bags on top to make the trip shorter.

((I'm assuming the small cabin, nearest the elevator, engine, and washroom is not yet claimed. If it is, correct me and I'll change it. From my understanding, Leah has the one located farthest from the elevator, and Jarvy and Thieli have the two largest across the hall. Unless I missed it, Gibbs hasn't specified which cabin he's occupied.))

Finding the small cabin nearest the elevator, she worked her trunk into the room and set it at the foot of her bed. She then returned to the lift, grabbed her bags and laid them on her bed. The heavy trunk was somewhat tiring, so she paused to regain her breath sitting on her bed.

"Dies Bett ist ungemütlich. Wie kann ich hier schlafen?" She sighed while testing the bed by trying to bounce on it.

Giving up, she began to unpack her effects: photos of her smiling aboard ships, her family posing, her father in military uniform. There were plaques, books on subjects from engineering to philosophy to a tattered Bible, and finally, a small plush whale which she hugged, but not before looking at the door to make sure no one was looking. She left in her bags and chest clothing, stationary, sewing kit, and a knife.

Finished, she stood in her door way to observe her new room. Despite an uncomfortable bed and tight living quarters, she liked what she saw before her. "Sehr gut."

Happy at the feeling of accomplishment, she turned to walk back in to the hall to meet some of her other neighbors where she almost ran in to another woman (Jarvy).

"Was!? Ohh, I'm very sorry. Excuse me." She quickly stepped out of the way, back into her door-way before looking at the auburn haired lady in front of her. "We haven't met yet, I'm Johanna..." She noticed another being on the stairwell(Thieli). Hanna hadn't had very much real experience with aliens and was at a lose for what to do. "Well, that's two crew-members I've yet to meet." She looked at the Sreekaanse, "Hello, I'm Johanna." She looked back at the auburn haired lady, "What do you call yourselves?"

((Berth hallway))

This bed is uncomfortable. How can I sleep here?
Very good.
What!?
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Sparrow

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh... I've... heard of it. Maybe some lessons-" Jarvy had heard of the game, having played it once to settle a bet. And been beaten so badly at it she did not care to remember. She let her short hair fall in front of her face, a few of her cropped auburn curls falling in her face to hide her slight grimace. When her hair was all done up this evasion technique wasn't very effective, all curls held down in their place by product. One of the many reasons Jarvy didn't like getting dressed up.

The interruption from the newest introduction was a welcome one to change the subject.

"I'm Jarvy Heit, First mate, at your service." Jarvy's intro was said with a smile and outstretched hand. "We were just on our way to the cargo bay, but it looks like you've already gotten your things together."
Feaelen

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli chuckled at Jarvy's comment re the game, "Lessons it is then. Not to worry I'll play nice..."

Thieli turned quickly as another human popped out into the hallway from a room next to the elevator/stairs. As she introduced herself Thieli noticed she seemed a might bit uncomfortable with the presence of an alien. So she slowly approached the shy one, focused both her eyes on her and held out her hand (to shake Johanna's should she choose), opting for the informal introduction, "Hi you can call me Thieli, I'm the Head Engineer. What part of the ship will you be stationed in?"

Thieli nodded encouragingly to Johanna, her head "spines" raising slowly out of curiosity, as her skin speckles turned a little more pink.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs gave a wry grin and a slight groan at the joke. "You did." He considered his counterpart on the gunnery team. "So, I take it you've been in the military. Where did you serve?"
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johanna took Jarvy's hand in her on and shook. "Hello Jarvy, I'm a part of the engineer and gunnery crew."

She turned to Thieli now, "It's nice to meet you, Thieli, I'll be serving under you as a part of the engineering crew." Thieli still made her a little uneasy, but her position and interest in engineering at least gave them some common ground. Hanna took Thieli's hand into her own and shook. She noticed it was very different than her own and wondered how it affected her engineering ability.

Looking back at Jarvy she said, "Yes, I have set my room, but I seem to have forgotten a bag with my wash items. I need to retrieve them."

((Berth Hall > Cargo hold))
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvy responded a little louder than she needed to, shouting "Excellent!" in an elated voice as she moved away from the doorway and down the hall.

As they walked she told the two the story behind her first and last experience with Predator and Prey, the reason she had grimaced.
It was composed of an earlier Skreekaneese employer giving Jarvy a bet out on two weeks pay. Much to her chagrin, the much more experienced player had taken her in for a bit of a fool and beaten the crap out of her in the game. It was pretty much the reason she left the ship, actually- the alien, she said, had not been a very gracious winner. The story had a good-humored tone- it had been a few years ago.

Wrapping up the story as she grabbed the handles to her one stowed bag, the same maroon as her jacket, Jarvy smiled. "So I quit. Over-reaction? Yep, and I'm proud of it. If you teach me though, Thieli, maybe someday I'll get it and more back from the jerk."

((Doorway of the cargo bay, waiting to go back to her room))
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien nodded a bit at the comment, quite obviously thinking out his response first. It wasn't that he intended to lie, more that he really had no idea how to explain the "selective knowledge" period of his service.

"Well, I was selected to crew the USS Adams before she was scrapped for lack of funding. Before that, I did a whole lot of training and cross-training. I dare say I was one of the most prepared marines to lift a rifle, pistol, or defensive cannon."

Again he nodded, still searching for the right words. "There were other pet projects of the government officials, a couple things that I did to try and earn a check from Uncle Sam. Not many stories to tell from all that, unless you have a campfire and a flashlight," he said as the half grin returned.

"How about across the pond, as it were?"

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli nodded at Johanna's introduction, "It truely is a pleasure to meet you then, I'm sure we will find much honour in working together. I keep a tight watch though so be sure to work hard."

Thieli followed Jarvy and Johanna down the stairs, enjoying the open nature of the ducting that allowed her to lazily climb down the stairs like they were a jungle jim.

As she reached the bottom Thieli hung upside down by her tail, balancing with a hand against the wall and stretched.

As Jarvy finished her story Thieli chuckled, and dropped right-side-up to the ground as she replied, "That sounds like Sreekaanse male if I ever did hear of one. They can be awfully prideful when that beat a female at the game. Probably because they so rarely win against us..." Thieli grinned a rather predatory grin and tapped the tips of her fingers together conspiratorially, "I would be honoured to show you to play the game well in hopes that you can teach the silly male a lesson."

Thieli turned from their chatter to find her luggage. They were actually a series of strange metallic looking cases that were bizarrely light for their appearance. The largest one was nearly as tall as she and on four wheels that allowed it to move quite readily, she had 3 others that ranged in size from a large suit case that contained her tools, and 2 other "backpack-sized" ones containing personal items.

Thieli picked the two smaller ones up with her tail and then carried her suit case as she pushed her largest piece towards the elevator.

One each of Thieli's eyes glanced at Jarvy and Johanna, "So are you two taking the elevator or the stairs? I'm afraid my luggage takes up a bit of room, but i think we can all squeak in here, I'm small."

thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pretty big pond, these days. It was simpler, I gather, when the sun didn't set on the British Empire, and we were the biggest fish in a comparatively small pond..." he trailed off, musing. "Anyway," he said abruptly catching himself, "I've been piloting frigates off the HMS Theseus since I passed out of the Royal Naval Academy. It's been a good life, but the world's changing, and the powers we knew are just too small to keep up."

"I'm rather looking forward to getting back out into the ether, though, albeit privately."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: