FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The horror

Rolaoi

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: The horror Reply with quote

I recently started playing Knights of the Old Republic again. It's a really good game, and I like it a lot, but there's this gesture a lot of characters do after talking that is horribly annonying. It's especially noticeable during cut-scenes. The character will nod, then pause, then nod twice more. They do it every time, and once you notice it you can't stop noticing it. It drives me insane. Nod*pause*nod*nod. It's like they're thinking about what they just said, then agreeing with it. The best(or worse) scene to see this in is where you're about to steal the Ebon Hawk to escape Taris but get stopped by Davik. You'll have to look away it's so annoying.
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
Tomato

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. You think Kotor is bad? Wait until you see the conversation animation cycle for Mass Effect. Regardless of species, EVERY SINGLE PERSON GESTURES THE EXACT SAME WAY!

Yes.

It burns me up.

I mean seriously, come on! Wrex was my favorite character until I noticed everything he said was with the exact same motion. Annoyances ... ><;
Virturealm

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That games been on my back shelf for a really long time now. I've been meaning to play it, but I barely got started on it before getting distracted. Now when I eventually do play it, I will be looking for that, right from the start, and will notice it every time it happens in the entire game.

Thanks alot. Mad

Sad
Squeeself

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Yeah, Bioware's strengths are NOT in their character animation for dialog. In fairness though, the actual talking animations that characters have in Mass Effect are much better than previous version. While they're always the same, at least they don't stick out like a sore thumb most of the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: