FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Current Page Discussion: Vol. III, Chapter VIII ~ Eve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
DragonOfSapphire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall admit this tail seems to be coming to its end, but lo, may I propose that Willow's attaining of this power gains her yet an even mightier foe. The Sidera themselves might refute this talent in fie and thereon set amain against her. Thy ability to forge a world and birth a star could be athwart to the Stars' will.

If her abilities grant her the talent to forge a star, whom could speak that she could not unmake one such as a star?
ashleythedragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
ashleythedragon wrote:
Is the comic wrapping up? It feels like these pages are leading to a final climax or a game changer.

If so its been an interesting... 7 years now?
Will be weird to not have this comic after almost a decade.
Like loosing a childhood buddy.

She announced around September 16 that there was a definite end planned for Earthsong. We all panicked and were like 'BUTBUTBUT Crying or Very sad .' Then she said:
YatesOfYore wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHHA!

Don't worry, it isn't going to be for another two or more years. I've got other stuff in the works Wink

Glad you're all enjoying (or at least are engaged with/by) these last few pages. The rest of the volume is quite the roller coaster, so hold on to your hats Wink

So we've got a while yet! A lot of webcomic authors I read also tend to underestimate the time it takes to get to 'Plot Point X' or 'The End,' and there's also a chance that she'll want to explore a specific nook/cranny of the Earthsong universe before wrapping it up. Either way, it seems like we've got years of Yates in one form of another, even if it's not Earthsong. Smile I totally feel you, though. I started reading when we had 20 (maybe less?) pages up the first go-round.

EDIT: Also, WOOOOOOT!!! Earthsong is second in the Love 146 fundraiser! Very Happy

Good to hear I forgot about that post.
I think what has been most rewarding following this comic for so long isn't just the story but experiencing someones life a little. Marriage, children, and birthdays. As much as this comic has been apart of my childhood Lady Yates has shared her life with us.

So yeah I dunno its a little sad thinking it will really end, seeing that climax coming and end. I knew it would but man I didn't think I would be as misty eyed as I am now typing this.

Earthsong really did become a childhood thing for me, and now its with me as an adult. I know this isn't on topic but just how strange. Earthsong will be ending just as I am entering the adult world. I might be proposing to my long term boyfriend in two years.

It's like... this is closing my childhood just as I am becoming an adult.

I really just can't fathom how comforting this comic being here was, I never even realized until now.

Thank you Lady Yates.
I don't know if that means much but thank you.

Sorry for going off topic here, lemme give you something that actualy discusses the page.

Nanashi, my darling wonderful perfect woman, Nanashi looks adorable.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost hesitate to comment, since this isn't the end of the conversation. I like the way Bel's cloak is getting more and more ragged, and I can just imagine him frothing at the mouth. I still find Willow's sudden maturity disconcerting, and I wonder what will happen when she's back to speaking on her own.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Anjirika

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just blown away by the quality of these last few pages (though I am always blown away by the quality of Earthsong) it is just that this plot twist is one that I didn't see coming and I am on the edge of my seat to find out what happens next! Well done Lady Yates. Well done! ^_^
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILLOW THE MIGHTY
THE TIME LORD VICTORIOUS
MAKER OF STARS
UNDOER OF GODS

Yeah, I think the Sideria might take notice. Razz After all, Earthsong was given this task because she had no children. Now that she has a child, who's to say they won't take her throne away, even if Willow has the power to never have a soulstone?

Alternately, the Sideria or Alpha Planets might take notice if Willow unmakes Bel. Earthsong might be seen as corrupt at a glance, having made an Eve that can destroy planets.

Also, if Willow unmakes Bel, it's a whole new world; Earthsong's surface isn't a warzone, and children could frolic as long as they wanted to...as long as asteroids (aka, murder-rocks) aren't flying down from the skies.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's interesting. Do the Sideria control the celestial bodies which don't have independent consciousness?

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
DragonOfSapphire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Willow hast become an enemy of thee Sidra, what wouldest become of Nanashi? They hast granted her their power, would she thus become Willow's foe?

Further, Willow's chosen power, doth she have the gift to undo the stars themselves? and beyond even that, thy gift to remake other elements from Sidra?
Cherynic

Location: Wandering the corridors of my mind... something ate the breadcrumbs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
WILLOW THE MIGHTY
THE TIME LORD VICTORIOUS
MAKER OF STARS
UNDOER OF GODS
Bwahahaha! That is awesome! Very Happy

Lady, with each page you blow me away even more. Wow, just wow. Shocked

Keeper of Nanashi
Shaudo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, loving that crushed-skull shape of his head as she makes mincemeat out of Earthsong's #1 villain. Also the dead-leaf look of his old cloak, and-

Awww, naw.... This is terrible... She just got that dress, too!
Allicat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16-12-2013

I'm getting a vibe of Edvard Munch's 'Scream' from the collapsing Bel which I love!

I'm not seeing this week's vote incentive, I'm still on the original first appearance of Trissy, which while it is lovely, I always enjoy seeing your Christmas portraits ^_^

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
DragonOfSapphire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willow hast shred her cyrtel! What hast the world commust to?
Twas such an elegant garb. I suffer woe for Spinster, his honor hast been turned to disesteem!

How somber will Spinster become?

Tis a far fare page Milady Yore, I delight in Daestellen's misfortune and am eager to see his fate. Howbeit I fear for Wollow's continuance, she hast a high power over Daestellen when even Nanashi had with great difficulty an ability oppose him. She hast become stronger an' often when one matures in capability, their will be one who rises to defy it.
Asa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where did the element go, now that it's out of Bel's stone? Also, I also saw the Scream parallel. Also, Dragon's mention of Bel (apparent) real name made me wonder: What's it mean, where's it come from? I remember back in the first volume, you told us a bit about the origin of some of the names (Tehmel comes to mind), so where does Bel's name come from?

Also, cute incentive!

Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beluosus means "full of monsters" in Latin, so I'm assuming it's the Roman child with a toga that named him.

I wonder if all of the element that he had is kind of just floating around Earthsong's surface now? If it acts the same as it would on the homeworld, then it would just crawl around until it latches onto a child with the same element. Possible power boost?

Also, I wonder if Bel had really thought this whole Sideria element thing through; if his element were to be 'purified' into the Sideria's element, then would he really still be Bel? Sure, he would gain the powers of the Sideria, but it seems like they have a collective hive mind; would he really have just wielded his new power at will, or would he just be another worker bee in the Sideria's collective?
Asa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, not what does Beluosus mean - what does Daestallen mean? Since we know what Bel means, I wonder what the other means.

Asa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

06.01.2014!

...Right. Okay then. Guess there's some loyalty there after all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 101 of 105

Jump to: