FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Nem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 'nu ^_^

They've funded me for a CRB (criminal records) check, so that's a good sign - they've got something invested in me.

#

Yeah, graduation isn't a cause for panic. Searching for a job now is smart ^_^

#

Today I sorta have a job. It's part time and it doesn't pay a lot. Door to door stuff, commission based. It's not bad though - the people are nice, the hours are reasonable, you're not doing a hard sell and making a bother of yourself. Yeah, I can do this.

-shrug-

I can't say I'm dancing on the ceiling or anything, but it's work - ya' know? Any port in a storm. And it still leaves me time for my volunteering so, yeah.

The major detractor is the guy who does the van's driving. XD Nem gets motion sick, so if your driving isn't that smooth, it can be a bit @_@

I wonder if I can get insured to drive their van. It'd be to his benefit too - he'd get to use his mobile and talk to his team more. Win-win. I checked and you don't need a special category on your license to drive that type of van.

Still gonna keep looking for other stuff, knocking doors isn't a career. But it's so much better than the other door-knocking job I looked at a few months back.

Apparently there's another guy there who matches my personality quite closely - quiet Nem's most often described as (which is all manner of internally amusing when people confuse it for shy) - who has really good figures, so I'll try to partner up with him some time and see what he's doing.

Today I'm pretty tired. Still, I don't have anything else to do tomorrow so I can sleep in as long as I like.

Oh, if you like HP the Alexandra Quick fan fic is pretty good:

First book can be found here -
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3964606/1/Alexandra-Quick-and-the-Thorn-Circle

She's a bit of a twit sometimes but no more so than Harry was, me thinks.
- Issa
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear things are going along nicely for you, Nem - I remember you had some rough times last year.

Things have been going well for me too, the last couple of weeks. I've been able to finish many of the things I put on my daily to-do list every day (which is a major accomplishment), and even though it's not perfect, it's more that I've had for a long time. I'm trying to remind myself that small successes are still successes, and that they add up.

Yesterday I accomplished all the small things on my list, though not the big one, AND I earned money! AND went to a social gathering! ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the encouragement. It's taken me a bit to get around to replying, but it meant a lot. ^^

Nem: I'm glad you've found something! Maybe it will lead to something better, later on. = )

Asa: Small things are good! They're still accomplishments! I'm glad to hear you're back on your feet and out and doing. Take care of yourself!

Today after . . . what, a week? of putting it off and giving myself anxiety attacks about it, I e-mailed the editor of the paper. I didn't feel comfortable applying for the position outright, but I let her know I was interested and asked for her thoughts on the matter.

Today my back's on the mend. I don't know what I did to aggravate it this time. Sigh. But I did manage to make it to the gym and it behaved itself. So that's good!

Today was an extremely rough day. School plus anxiety-inducing e-mails plus some family issues. I really want a vacation.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it still a double post if the past post was weeks ago??

In the past week I've:
-had my first professional job interview. It went badly, but the practice was nice.

-taken up running. It's wonderful and I am loving every painful minute of it.

-submitted eight poems to various literary magazines for publishing. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you all are well!
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Nu! Yes, we've been uncommonly reticent recently. In the interest of reparations, accept the following overshare! ^_^

I am still struggling to keep productivity up, and that's been even harder over the last week or so. I'm seeing a new psychiatrist who I'm not sure I actually trust yet, and he wants me to switch medications. Which is fine, except that he initially said it would be three days between the two and when I saw him this week he said, "Oh, no, it'll take at least two weeks to get it out of your system." *cue innocent blinking*

-_-

Thank you, doctor, for fully informing me of the consequences and prognosis before treatment begins. In the meantime I have to suffer through another week of mild withdrawal, without warning, and thus without the mental preparation to handle it calmly. This doesn't make it easier to trust him.

On the positive side, I've been seeing friends and family a lot more, and I've picked up enough tutoring students to give me a nice spending buffer each week. I'm still not happy with my academic output, but I'm trying not to expect too much from myself, especially during this transition period. I've also had some awesome dreams. Some really awful ones, but some good ones too. Fuller update in the Dreams thread.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh. That's some serious mis-information, too. And I think it takes an average of two weeks for new meds to kick in, too. *hugs* Hang in there!

I'm glad you've got a good support network though, it seems, and having a spending buffer is always a relief.

I'm sure your school work will pick up. You're a hard worker and perseverance--you'll get it all in. =)
Nem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today learned that the charity I was doing some volunteer work for has enough money to hire me. So, we're gonna get that sorted out on monday, hopefully.

No more door to door sales, no more horrible dole office. People you like doing something that you're comfortable with Very Happy
- Issa
Allicat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Jobs for Nem ^_^

So... you know when you take cake tins out of the oven they're still hot?

Yeah, I know that too, but that doesn't stop me having burn stripes across the first two fingers of both hands.

Today I am a numpty.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what oven mitts are for... I hope the burns aren't too bad.

Hurray, Nem! Finding a job you love is great. Best of luck!

A couple of updates, but those are going in the rant thread since that's what they are. The weather's finally turning, though, with some nice cool days recently.

Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Nem! That's awesome!

I hope your burns heal up, Alli!

Today I finished two projects for my seminar class that I've been putting off. One more to go . . .
We're supposed to pretend-apply for a graduate program and then write a thesis proposal. But what happens if I actually want to attend the program and write the paper?
Asa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you'll have done most of the work ahead of time, for credit! It'll be good practice, and your professor can help you with the proposal.

Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I turned in my last exam.

That's it. I'm done. I know I've passed my classes. I have a Bachelor's of Arts that will be delivered to me sometime in May.

. . . I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, now.
Allicat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooraaaaaaaaaaaay! Well done Nu!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celebrate! Congratulations Nu, you've worked long and hard for this.

Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I received a job offer, which is a big relief after being on pins and needles for this whole month-long process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: