FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Current Page Discussion: Vol. III, Chapter VIII ~ Eve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Allicat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

September 30th, 2013

Was it too much for McEmopants? I don't know why but I have the horrible feeling he's been stabbed from behind or he's using up his own life to heal her or something.

Sorry to hear your eldest sproglet is suffering. I hope he at least got a cast that Mum can draw something awesome on!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I bet he heals by giving of himself, so he's basically taking all the force of the wound.

Also, Willow and Nan are so cute!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... I think Bel's caught on and is trying to kill him.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa's got it right - he heals via transference of energy so healing others winds him a little (as seen a few pages back when he healed Neuria and felt dizzy after) (also as seen when he nabs Ulkurz's energy to heal his slit throat, and Ulkurz passes out).

Fixing up a heart wound is winding him A LOT. Wink
Shaudo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K'thonya's alive! W000T!!

Wait...

Shoot.

Hope Tristram didn't lose too much energy in all that, because he's going to need it to run for his life. But how do you run from sound?!

The only way I can see this ending well is if one of the guard happens to intervene right about now.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Willow jumpstarts her power in panic. But it looks like Tristram isn't absorbing her wound, he's just losing energy, and he's replenishing that by taking from the tree. If only Willow hadn't lost track of her surroundings...

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Shaudo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, there was a moment where he looked like he was in trouble, and gotta consider absorption vs. healing rates and... okay nevermind, stopping now.
/just for the record in general and not as a response to any statements, was never of the camp of healing=taking on others' wounds; considering his generally selfish and/or self-preserving nature, I don't see Tristram willingly taking on someone else's possible heart-wound.

About Willow's power, let's play catch-Shaudo-up for a second here, because I thought Willow's power had something to do with earthquakes (which wouldn't hurt ghostie girl Morgan in the slightest, right?) but honestly don't remember if that was actually Willow's power, or just Earthsong's reaction to the pain Willow was feeling at the time.

Regardless, Zaebos knows about the healing attempt, at least, and Morgan does not seem impervious to energy-based attacks - whether fire is one of them remains to be seen (or at least hasn't been as far as I can remember). So that's Zaebos' fire, Willow's indeterminable power, and Tristram's life-stealing prowess (plus any last-minute wild cards) against an enemy they can see but not touch and from whom they possibly can't run away.

.....Also is EVERYONE a "Keeper of" something around here?
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we know she runs from lightning, and Nan could probably do damage. I don't know anything else, though.

Willow doesn't have a power yet. And yeah, Tristram did look like he was in trouble, before he grabbed the tree. Even afterwards, truthfully. I was talking about my own assumptions regarding his power, not yours. ^_^

I bet Kythonia could survive at this point, since she's conscious. She's not healed, but if Tristram had to turn around and suck energy from Morgan instead, I bet he could do that without letting Kyth slip away.

Keeperships: this is an old snapple from a number of years ago; we laid claim to various items on Earthsong. Search the General forum and you should find a thread with a list of items people have claimed. Anything unclaimed is up for grabs, and you can add it to your signature.

EDIT: I would just like to point out the auto-correct in the paragraph above - I think it's hilarious, so I'm leaving it, but the word I tried to spell was 's h t i c k' which as far as I know is not a dirty word... Upon closer inspection, it turns out I misspelled shtick. Oops. ^___^

Last edited by Asa on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the link in your intro thread earlier, Shaudo.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's any more graphic that swords sticking out of bellies and slashed throats spewing blood, which you've done before. it's not like we can see bone and muscle crisping or anything like that.

So the only eyes missing are Willow and Zaebos, I think. K'th and Tris are still in the panel (sort of). Unless that's Zaebos's body on the ground behind Nanashi's head, but it's hard to tell. But yeah - fire makes sense. It's possible to overheat the air and set it on fire.

Claen'tor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm... not at all sure what precisely occurred just now, but either Zaebos was sticking around or Willow is a tad bit scarier than I suspected. Either way, I did like the turnaround on the Banshee.

The arched eyebrow of mild interest from Belosus was a nice touch though, 'Eh, she only took a hit, she'll be fine, I'm sure.'

Now Playing: Audioslave - Getaway Car

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Asa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it! But if Zaebos is HERE, what's the red splotch on the ground behind Nan's head in the last page?

So... what - Zaebos knew at a glance that Tristram was trying to heal K'th? I would think he'd still be in berserker mode, and jump to the conclusion that he was causing pain.

And still not graphic.

And also, DUN DUN DUN!

And also also, I love the sketch, it's so cute!

Cherynic

Location: Wandering the corridors of my mind... something ate the breadcrumbs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristram actually sent Zaebos away before he started to heal K'th, so Z already knew what he was doing. I'm not so sure Z is actually in a berserker mode.

Keeper of Nanashi
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behind Nanashi is the two Oliblites she was/is protecting.

And what Cherynic said. Smile
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, got it. Memory fail. Thanks for the clarification!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 98 of 105

Jump to: