FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Current Page Discussion: Vol. III, Chapter VIII ~ Eve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - Earthsong's got a dead moon in her orbit, if I recall.

Beautiful art, Lady, especially the last panel. I can really picture the magma burning through the crust.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, of course. He's not evil, he's just misunderstood. -_-

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. While he is/was misunderstood, these events brought him to the state he is now, where he is irrevocably a negative force thanks to his experiences. Indeed, he is also going against the will of the other planets to an end that is not completely clear (to me) as of yet, but is clearly encroaching upon the rather important task which is Earthsong's.

To that end, what is his ultimate goal now? Is he attempting to gather power to rebuild himself? To create a new Eve of his own (any attempts to that regard *may* have created Willow)? To bring back his original Eve? Is it really just to take Earthsong's assignment (I sincerely doubt that)?

Now Playing: Wake Up - The Arcade Fire

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's totally misunderstood - after all, we still don't know what his nefarious plans were when he first proposed the idea to take the children. Quelyn said, 'You promised me the power of the Sideria! Ultimate knowledge! The daughter of a star, you said!' I see him as more calculating back then, and more desperate now.
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I'm not actually drawing conclusions yet, since we don't know where this goes. But that's my first reaction, I have a few problems when people try to draw moral equivalencies. Not that I'm saying that's what's happening here, just... yeah.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Willow started trying to defend Bel to one extent or another. She seems the type to be easily swayed. Nan will of course blow up at her about it, Zaebos will mention some historical precedent, and the others will look at each other with worried faces while Earthsong makes sad eyes.

crazedartist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new backstory on Bel. It's sad, but doesn't necessarily make him simply misunderstood IMO. Any well-written bad guy feels like he's doing the right thing within his own worldview (starview?!) even if that's maliciously unjustifiable revenge. He may or may not be conflicted about it, but ultimately the actions taken are what matter.
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 22nd, 2013

Ahmagad plotness! Shocked We haven't had this much juicy plot goodness in ages! Good stuff!
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD

Sorry I haven't replied much lately! Busy + I can't do too much other than cackle, lest I give away things and I am not a fan of doing that!

But yes, PLOT! Booyeah.
Anjirika

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I joined the forum ages ago and totally forgot about it but the recent plot developments had made me want to start posting here again. I gotta say that I love the backstory on Bel. I think that it makes us understand why he is doing what he is doing. There is a very small part of me that feels really bad for what he went through-- I mean, having his own Eve destroy him? Totally crazy. But he had a choice. He could have asked the Sidera / Earthsong for help. Instead he chose to take power by force. So yeah, I still don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the power-hungry guy, but I do understand why he's doing what he's doing. It's not just for power. It's for survival, which makes him a whole lot more dangerous.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urk! So does this mean that Willow can't ever choose a power, or he'll win? Sad
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Did Bel create Willow on his moon, or out of Earthsong's core? She's got ice coloring (gray and white), but she's made of magma.

Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting that that's just Earthsong's molten element made from under her surface.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anjirika wrote:
It's not just for power. It's for survival, which makes him a whole lot more dangerous.

^ THIS.

heh, sorry. I'm just always happy when what I meant to communicate actually comes across! ^_^;

It explains on page 82 that he dug down into Earthsong's surface to find a vein of her element. It was a bit of a long winded page, so I don't blame anyone for missing it though!

"Fun" convention tidbit: One guy who had bought volume I last year came up and went on about how he liked the art but the writing was bad and I needed an editor and the whole planetary council scene was boring, etc. I don't argue ever with anyone about that, especially those three pages that are just soulstone exposition - they're awful and I know it*. But this guy just KEPT. GOING. He wasn't trying to be outright mean or anything, but I'm sure my smile was starting to wear a little thin by the end of it.

...And then he bought Vol.II.

MIND = BOGGLED.

*(I was under a deadline and didn't have time to spend illustrating that when I wanted to put more effort into the battle between Nanashi and Beluosus. But no one but me should have to care about that - the story is what it is and yeah, that part sucks)
Cherynic

Location: Wandering the corridors of my mind... something ate the breadcrumbs.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful new page! I haven't commented in the forum in what seems ages, but this page pulled me back in! Smile I love the emotion shown in Bel's face. Lady you always are able to show such great emotion with the planets, even though you only have eyes to work with.

Keeper of Nanashi
Anjirika

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YatesOfYore wrote:
Anjirika wrote:
It's not just for power. It's for survival, which makes him a whole lot more dangerous.

^ THIS.

heh, sorry. I'm just always happy when what I meant to communicate actually comes across! ^_^;

It explains on page 82 that he dug down into Earthsong's surface to find a vein of her element. It was a bit of a long winded page, so I don't blame anyone for missing it though!

"Fun" convention tidbit: One guy who had bought volume I last year came up and went on about how he liked the art but the writing was bad and I needed an editor and the whole planetary council scene was boring, etc. I don't argue ever with anyone about that, especially those three pages that are just soulstone exposition - they're awful and I know it*. But this guy just KEPT. GOING. He wasn't trying to be outright mean or anything, but I'm sure my smile was starting to wear a little thin by the end of it.

...And then he bought Vol.II.

MIND = BOGGLED.

*(I was under a deadline and didn't have time to spend illustrating that when I wanted to put more effort into the battle between Nanashi and Beluosus. But no one but me should have to care about that - the story is what it is and yeah, that part sucks)

Funny. I actually like the council scene. It gets across vital information that couldn't have been given in any other way, unless of course you had had it like a prologue to the comic...

...I have had the honour of meeting you several times at conventions (and I've always bought something like Volume II or some buttons or an Amy kissing the Doctor picture) and I could never, ever imagine going on about something that I didn't like. But then again, there's nothing in volume I or II that I don't like so I guess the point is moot. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 91 of 103

Jump to: