FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Nem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I tried to make bread. Instructions:

Put 1 + 1/2 cups of lukewarm water into the breadmaker.

What's luke warm? Thinks Nem. Out comes the phone. Define lukewarm. -> Tepid. Define Tepid -> Lukewarm.

>.<

What is lukewarm in degrees centigrade?

~35-40 it turns out apparently.

Put 1000ml of breadflower into bread maker

Well, that one's simple enough.

Put one spoon of yeast into breadmaker.

How large a spoon? >.<

Nem ponders this for some time before discovering that the spoon is in the yeast.

And this is why we fail at life. =p

Today uh.... yeah. Not much really. Learned a bit more Haskell. Which is a really nice language. Didn't go to karate since the car's not available.

Tried getting up earlier but was completely zonked for some reason.
- Issa
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saga of my Sickness. Last night was a yummy meal until dessert, which didn't agree with me. This morning I woke up with an upset tummy, which I thought was because of the food last night. It got so bad I left in the middle of services (fortunately I live across the street). I then walked across town to our lunch hosts, but I was feeling so poorly by then that I ended up lying down in their spare bedroom instead of joining the meal. The upset stomach gradually spread to aches and shivers all over, centered in my back, and I felt chilled even under three quilts. Then I overheated. At the end of lunch I took acetaminophen, and walked to a friend's apartment closer to home, and took advil. Now I'm back home and I don't feel as sore, but I'm back to an upset stomach.

This afternoon I thought it was the flu, but now I'm not so sure. Does this course of symptoms sound right for a food reaction? Wouldn't be poisoning, since everyone else ate the same thing.

And because of this, I'm missing the bonfire tonight. Mad

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds almost like a stomach flu, except those generally involve vomiting, I think. They're normally just 24 to 48 hour things. Whatever it is, drink lots of water, and get some rest!

Today, my brain decided that after going two days with about four hours of sleep and working a third shift, I didn't need more than five hours of sleep.
And I have to work third again tonight. Sighs. At least school's out Monday, maybe some sleeping in can be accomplished.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Nu, that sounds like 'flu. Lots of fluids, paracetamol to deal with the fever and keep cozied up. Rest, and see if you can get a friend to check on you if you get really bad.

Feel better soon!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling much better today, no aches at all, though I'm being careful with what I put in my stomach. Fruit, so far. Thanks for your advice, guys.

Is it strange that for the past I-can't-remember-how-long, I haven't slept the night through? Doesn't matter when I fall asleep, I always wake up between 3:30 and 4:30 to check the clock before rolling over and forcing myself back to sleep. Blech. I hate when things are messed up.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's that weird. When I was a kid I woke up at 4:15 on the dot every night for several years.

Today I realized what working at a hospital has done to me. I was trying to explain something to my parents, and couldn't remember the vernacular for it--just the complicated medical name.
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ Reminds me of Hunter S Thompson -

Quote:
[...]when a journalist turns into a politics junkie he will sooner or later start raving and babbling in print about things that only a person who has Been There can possibly understand.

Though that's different to how I remember it which was 'write about anything long and and soon or later you ....'

^_^;

Today was on the phone with the parents. From the sound of things my sister's completely trashed the flat I used to live in. Mold on the ceiling in the shower, cracked lightswitches, freezer that was actually so frozen that you couldn't close the door properly, new cooker needed, the turntable in the microwave I left up there doesn't work anymore. No holes in the floor though =p

Complained about how expensive it was to hear the place, of course it is when your freezer is fighting the heating. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, the parents have spent the last what - three, four days - fixing the place up and talking about how expensive it is. I always thought of my sister, despite her other reprehensible qualities, as being more neat than I was. But when Nem leaves a place it might be messy but that's a few hours work and there's never any physical damage.

Still, she and her boyfriend (i.e. the worst thing to happen to her other than our parents) have moved out of there now for... god knows what.

Happy Chocolate Egg Day, all! ^_^
- Issa
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel better now. Past two days with a sensitive stomach and eating little, but it doesn't feel bad anymore. Now I have to force myself to eat before my stomach forgets how to digest food.

Weather's nice today, at least. There was another hamseen (dust storm) yesterday. At least I remembered to close my windows this time...

EDIT: Well, I was too hasty. I was rejoicing in my healed stomach, and went out to a barbecue. Except they were doing it in the dark, and I don't think the meat was actually cooked. My stomach's in an uproar again. Confused I'm trying now to sit very still and not set it off... I hate being sick.

Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you feel better, Asa! =(

Tomorrow I have an interview at the local paper, which will determine if I get an internship there this summer. I really hope I can--I'm not sure where else I'd be able to intern. Small town and all that. Sigh.
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, Nu!

Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Today I got the internship! ^_______________________________^
There are still a few details to hammer out, and I'll have to go back and meet the other head editor, but other than that, I've got my summer internship!

Today I am trying to research a ridiculous bill that was presented to the state Legislature yesterday. And by ridiculous, I mean absolutely absurd.

Quote:

The North Carolina General Assembly does not recognize federal court rulings which prohibit and otherwise regulate the state of North Carolina, its public schools, or any political subdivisions of the state from making laws respecting an establishment of religion.

You can't do that. They night as well go ahead and declare their intent to secede while they're at it.
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations nu! ^_^ *Hugging dancing thing*

Today I had a really good karate lesson. There was this brown-belt woman teaching. Highly ranked women, in decent systems where the people aren't just messing around with you, are really good. You know how Nem loves fighting with people bigger and stronger than him? They get to have that experience all the time.

Anyway, yeah, it's been good night. I should go and write down the bits of her advice I remember now ^_^

#

Today went to a job fair. Mandatory requirement. Fair enough.

This woman, as I was leaving, asked me if I thought it had helped though. How are you to know? There's no way readily apparent way to measure progress in getting a job. You either do or you don't. Helpfulness is measured in terms of subsequent interviews, subsequent jobs - if any - that come about. It's something that only people sitting at the top of the chain, with all the data pouring in six months down the line, can tell you.

*shruggle*
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, lacking the time to properly respond to each of you, I offer *hugs*. Know that I keep you all in my thoughts, though between a full time job and full course load, I struggle to have time for my studies, let alone social/personal time. I'm sorry I've not been as present lately as I used to be. I do think about you all often, I just have so little time any more.

It's ironic, in a way. I moved to Huntington to be closer to friends (and to limit financial setbacks such as having no money for food and gas), and now I haven't any time to spend with the friends I'm closer to. Hum.

*more hugs, well wishes, and good vibes to all!

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I am amused by Nem's attempts to make bread after feeling generally annoyed and irritable since finding out that the IRS has approved my tax refund, but will not send it out until the 9th (I found out on the 3rd).

I have also become invested in a new game known as Warframe, and have invested 86 hours into in in the week and a half since I started playing it. This is partially a product of not having a job at the moment, and partly being frustrated at League of Legends in a fashion I can't articulate.

Now Playing: The Perfect Girl - The Cure

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an interesting week:

I went to a theme park with friends last Saturday and had a lot of fun considering I don't like rollercoasters.

Then I spent a little too much money on a first edition of Stardust that had found its way to a charity bookshop.

My laptop broke and I had to get it sent to be repaired, hopefully I'll get it back sometime next week, until then my grandad has let me borrow his.

My family came for dinner on Easter Sunday, lots of food was consumed and we have so much chocolate left over I'm considering baking a chocolate cake just to use it all up.

My sister came home for a week and there was not a single argument, we're all quite impressed and pleased.

And most importantly, my step-mum got a job!

She's very happy, we all are. The money is less than we'd hoped but it's full time, permanent and at a place she's already worked at and enjoyed very much. ^ ^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 55 of 67

Jump to: