FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Nem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well, there's always the evil option I suppose. Wallpaper over the top of the last wallpaper =p

#

Asa wrote:
Maybe they want you to send back the ad wit the word highlighted, to prove your proofreading skills?

My dad's coming to visit tomorrow! ^_^ I washed sheets and towels last night and swept the floor, but literally 95% of my clothes are dirty. I guess I should hope for some lovely person to let me use their washing machine tonight...

Maybe, they don't have an option on the website to include a cover-letter with your application though. I think they're honestly just a bit... ^_^;

Hope you're having a good time with dad. =)

#

Today not a lot happened. Ho hum.
- Issa
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nem: not now that they've started peeling it off; it would just look uneven. On reaching the top corner - I suppose a ladder isn't an option for a valid reason...?

Success! I sorted by 'urgent' and 'not urgent', and I have a full load drying on the rack. Hurray for friends who will let me use their washing machines at 10:00 at night. Hopefully dry by three this afternoon, which is when my dad will be here! ^_^

We're going to Jerusalem for Shabbat, and up north to Tzfat on Tuesday. My graduate advisor invited us to stay with him for the night - is that wierd?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Nem: not now that they've started peeling it off; it would just look uneven. On reaching the top corner - I suppose a ladder isn't an option for a valid reason...?

The part we can't reach is above the stairs. We used to have a ladder you could use on stairs but it's long gone, now we're hoping we can just find somebody tall to help us.

And we're painting the walls, not replacing the wall paper, so painting over it really isn't going to work.

Yesterday was my birthday. My family bought me some great presents, including lots of books, a writing set, several people gave me money and I was given the exact amount I need to buy a pair of Doc Marten boots I've been eyeing. How fortunate.

My friend sent me some chocolate spaghetti from Germany. I never knew such a thing existed. It comes with a recipie to cook it and everything. (Which her boyfriend translated from German.)

And in the evening I went to see Hairspray. It's one of the best musicals I've ever seen. Ever. Stage or film. It's a shame I only bought tickets for one night because I'd go and see it again tonight if I had the chance.

Oh and while we were there my Grandma found a bag of chocolate pretzels on the floor and assumed they were ours. She ate them and it turned out they belonged to the guy in the row in front of us. Woops. Oh well, he was nice about it.

All in all I had a very good day.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday! ^_^

I'm enjoying having my dad here. Worked today, but it's nice to know he's here, anyway.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday! Have some e-cake. ^_^

Today I registered for volunteer stuff. Some of this is so archaic. Sending your response back via real physical mail? =p How... quaint.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy belated Birthday! ^____^

Yesterday it was 76 degrees, sunny, and people's spring allergies were starting up.

Today it's snowing. I think there's almost enough to go sledding, now.

I give up on our weather patterns.
Asa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - five inches of snow back home yesterday, 50 degrees predicted on Wednesday.

Nem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I wonder how you go about starting up your own company. The more I look at companies during the job search the more often I'm left thinking 'I've heard of what you're doing before. I could do better....'

Today I wonder how that guy I used to know in Scotland started his food shop. He had an amusing story about that by the way: He went into an interview, the interviewer had their feet up on the table, he walked out of the interview and went and started up his own thing.

In other news: Today it's snowed again. I'm nice and toasty, the new insulation I arranged for the roof is keeping the house much warmer than it was last time it snowed.

Twenty four years they've lived here and they've never maintained the place properly.

I'm considering seeing about raising the damp proof layer and sticking cavity wall insulation in now. ^_^

Oh and Swiftkey 4 is out, if you use alternative keyboards on an android device. I really like it anyway - my keyboard of choice, when I use one on my phone at all.

... Also considering taking the wall apart that runs along the side of my parent's room. They never sound proofed it and the bathroom sits right alongside it. Something as a Christmas present for them the next time that swings around maybe. Only downside is a soundproofed wall isn't really something you can wrap =p

And I've had a couple of charities I'm looking at volunteering with get in contact with me, which is nice.

Today I hope you're all well and that life, wherever you are, is being kind to you.
- Issa
Asa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Purim, everyone! I'm dressed up as my Facebook avatar, and for once people appreciate my costume and think it's clever. Hurray! That's probably the first time people have actually gotten my costume

Nem: you have two choices for something like that - wrap a coupon saying "The gift is a new wall", or start the project and make sure it's finished on Christmas.

TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Nem: you have two choices for something like that - wrap a coupon saying "The gift is a new wall", or start the project and make sure it's finished on Christmas.

You could put a giant bow on it.
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=p ^^;

Today Nem uses Sleeping Pills.

It is not very effective.

Wink
- Issa
Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today Alli could use some sleeping pills. I haven't had an undisturbed night's sleep for over a week now. It's starting to take its toll, I think. Mostly stress induced, but I don't know that there's anything I can do to fix that until I've finished my thesis.

Woe is me, for I am sleepy.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twenty-minute power naps? Meditation? I feel for you, for I will soon have to deal with the same situation... if I can make myself take my work as seriously as I should do.

Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meditate most nights, and it really does help. I'm going to start taking a short walk before bed too. I spend most of my days cooped up in the lab or writing so a lack of fresh air won't be helping I'm sure!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you figure it out soon Alli! Sleepless nights are not good. I normally keep a bottle of sleep aids handy and if I don't fall asleep within a reasonable amount of time I take one. I would try every other method you can before you resort to that, though.

Today I went to the eye doctor. My eyes have been getting weirdly inflammed since Fall and we've done about everything we can think of. I've stopped wearing contacts and makeup, and it's still happening. Doc said either I'm allergic to something or I have an auto-immune disorder.

I'm hoping it's an allergy. I have no idea what kind of allergy would just affect my eyes, though.

Step one: Sanitize everything and start paying attention to everything.
Step two: Maybe go see and allergist. I have no idea if a skin test would even work.

Really, I'm tired of my eyes being red and sore and hurting all the time. I just want too know what's going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 50 of 67

Jump to: