FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Tinu, I really and truly am. *offers hugs*

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs* That's tough.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugs Nu. The day you decide that's it, he's not coming home is a bad one. He must have had a good life though. 18 years is a long time for a cat!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs* He was a good cat. But he was old, it had to happen one way or another...
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Adds to the hugs*

Sorry Nu. We had our cat for almost twenty years; I know what it's like to lose a pet that's been in your life for so long.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs* Thanks, guys.

It got worse, though. He came home, this morning. I found him under the hydrangea bush, not moving, barely breathing, in an obvious lot of pain.

Sped all the way to the vet's to have him put to sleep--he was too far gone to be helped, and he was too old to take illness or treatment well.

He was dead before I got out of my town. But I took him anyways to make sure. Vet said kidney failure, probably in conjunction with exposure.

My brother and a friend and I dug him a grave in a little field we've got down by the garden. Peaceful. Pretty.

I just can't get the image of him dragging himself home out of my head. He made it, finally, from wherever he'd been, but he didn't know where he was when he got there.

Or maybe he did. He was calling, under the kitchen window--which is how I found him.

I just don't know. I'm in shock, I think, trying to imagine life without this cat--I don't really remember not having him.

This is the first time I've seen something die. I've seen dead things often enough, but not the actual dying. It's . . . traumatic. Really, really hard.

I want to sleep for weeks.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*tight hugs* I had a similar experience with my cat. Grieve as you would any other time, it's okay.

Okay. Something very different. When you hear the news today about Israel attacking Gaza and killing the head terrorist, please keep in mind that 12,000 rockets have been launched at civilian towns from Gaza since Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip a few years ago. There have been about 1000 this year, and over 130 in the last 3 days. Tonight, the Iron Dome shot down 27 of 32 rockets aimed at populated areas of the south, an 84% success rate.

Here is a link to a Jerusalem Post article about it: http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=291906

Here is a link to an Israeli radio show aired from Southern Israel. The announcer tries to announce the hour and play music selections. But he is continuously interrupted with missile warnings. Every time you hear the word: AH-ZAH-KAH, this is another siren going off, another missile launched at Israeli civilians: http://www.kol-barama.co.il/live/21625/

Please pray for the safety of the southern residents of Israel, as well as the soldiers who have deployed in her defense. Please also pray for all innocent civilians caught up in the conflict, no matter where they hail from.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu wrote:
This is the first time I've seen something die. I've seen dead things often enough, but not the actual dying. It's . . . traumatic. Really, really hard.
I want to sleep for weeks.

I feel like, all of the rest of your post aside, I needed to offer something about this. There's a song that's been stuck in my head for the past five... six years now? (I forget, honestly), which ends with "Love is watching someone die... So who's gonna watch you die? (last line repeated)"

In a way, that's how I look at this. There is something jarringly deep about the final moments of life, something bone-aching in their breaths. ("And I rationed my breaths as I said to myself, that I'd already taken too much today. As each descending peak of the LCD, took you a little further away from me...").

The most important thing, the most important thing is that you were there. You were there to ease their passing. You were there to cradle them. You were there to keep them company, so that they weren't alone when the final moments came 'round. You could spend a lifetime in any event going through the "what if I..." and "if only I had..." conversations, but ultimately they don't go anywhere. You can change only the future, and maybe you can take lessons from this, but for that cat, for your family, you were there.

That is, for me, what is easiest to hold on to.

*more hugs* I'm so sorry that it happened this way, to be honest. I'd like to say that no one should have to endure that loss, but the truth is that... we do have to. We have to suffer, so that we can know joy's worth. We have to endure weakness to know the limit of our strength. I know you, Tinu, and I know you have a will more resolute and a courage more fierce than almost anyone I know. You will get through this. I promise, you will.

And we'll be here every step of the way.

@Asa: I ended up defending Israel in one of my classes today. You'd have been proud, I think. Razz Even so, I don't agree with all of the ideology Israel has. That, however, is a political discussion for another time and place.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Asa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps not all of it, but we're not talking about ideology with this, and I do think the right to defend itself is irrefutable.

Regardless, I'm not asking for a political discussion. This is what's happening. Please pray for their safety, regardless of whether you agree with it or not... concern for human life should cross all boundaries, I think.

Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Perhaps not all of it, but we're not talking about ideology with this, and I do think the right to defend itself is irrefutable.

Regardless, I'm not asking for a political discussion. This is what's happening. Please pray for their safety, regardless of whether you agree with it or not... concern for human life should cross all boundaries, I think.

I know. Like I said, I was defending Israel in class. It was a topic about nuclear weapons, so of course the conversation drifted toward the Middle East. There was one person who was very pro-Scorched Earth everywhere but Israel, which is as repugnant (to me) as wanting to do that to Israel, either. Human life is human life..

That said, I really like the Iron Dome. Say what you will about anything else, but defense systems that work are really, really neat. So I do keep it on my mind. I don't speak my mind about politics very often, but it's there.

Red Skelton
Allicat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More hugs for you Nu. That cannot have been easy. Both of my cats died elsewhere so I never had to witness their suffering, but when I worked in the vets we had a big old ginger tom who could have been my Cozy's brother. He was old and sick and we had to put him down. It was extremely tough even though he wasn't my cat.

I could spout the platitudes about it being the best thing to do, and ending his pain, but the simple matter is; he was your pet. Your friend. And you're going to miss him. Grieve for him, take the hugs where you can get them, and know that you will never forget him.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugs for nu' *squish *

Today, not much. The old folks have discovered Hatfield and McCoy's - the series, not the real feud. Holy money, those people own their kids. Still I reckon they ain't too bright...

If they had even a vague understanding of tactics, at least in the series, it'd be a very short conflict. "what happened?" "well we rounded them all up in their crappy hut, and wedged the door shut and burned it down. "
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, a friend posted this on my FB wall, claiming this is me:
http://i.imgur.com/G7UWo.gif

...well, they're not wrong.... >_>

Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the hugs and support. It means a lot. <3

@Usa: . . . Did you just quote Death Cab at me? You did. You totally did. =p
Also, Chi-Bird makes lots of cute little animations/comics like that--generally positive, motivational things. You should look her up. ^__^

@Asa: Stay safe. *Hugs* My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Today um. What happened today? Kinda blurry . . .

OH.

Today was the 50th anniversary of "To Kill A Mockingbird" -- the movie. The local theater had a special screening so my entire family went to see it. It was a lot of fun, and it was amazing to see it on a big screen, with a crowd full of people. ^^

Today my best friend graduated from college! ^______^

Today I am trying really hard to think happy thoughts, with a small amount of success.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tinu: I did! It's incredibly rare for me to quote that song any longer, though. It's a very personal one for me, heh. ^^; Funny, the things we attach to acoustic frequencies.

Today I bounce around, cleaning. Later, I'll petition for money people agreed to give me (some quote about friendships and money comes to mind), and then on to celebrate my friend's birthday over the weekend. All my uni friends are heading home for break. I won't get to see them for a whole week... murr.

Today I got a grade back from my Stats class. Got a 100% on a stats test! *boogies*

Today I read this:
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/16/15210767-gaza-cease-fire-collapses-egypt-pm-backs-palestinians-as-israel-drafts-16000-reservists?lite

Asa? Tam? Any other forumites in the area I'm not aware/familiar/remembering of? Stay safe, you guys. Please.

Red Skelton
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 41 of 67

Jump to: