FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Go biking somewhere, visit a crafts market, go hiking, take pictures. Learn Hindu. Meet your sister-in-law's family. Take pictures.

I think the takeaway point here is that we all want to live vicariously through your wonderful photographs. :p Also, just enjoy some scenery, you know?

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
Ride an elephant.

I second this. I rode an elephant once at a fair (I was much younger), and recall it being one of the most odd, cool, and amazingly thrilling things I've ever done at a carnival.

Today I found out that the laws for motor vehicle inspections are changing, and so most places in my area don't have the required papers to inspect cars. Which isn't grand, since I'm a bit overdue. Going to be a Monday of a Friday.

In unrelated news, I have a quarter size blister on my left foot, but I'm not achy or anything. Gym visit was a success. Smile

Edit: I had an appointment today with the doctor that requested the test leading to my back problems being found and resolved. They also had some concerns about other things, which now seem to have largely been taken care of. In fact, the doctor said I look to be doing a lot better. :3 Quite pleased with today. Didn't get everything done, but have succeeded well when I've succeeded at all.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton

Last edited by Tenshi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usa: Awesome! If you don't want to be sore, never underestimate the value of stretching

Hahaha, well, I probably might end up doing a lot of that, but it might not take me long.
I know we get in at Delhi and we'll probably swing by the Taj Mahal on our way east.
My sister-in-law has also promised me a trip to Nepal. It's not so far from where they live and I refuse to be on the same side of the world as the Himalayas without seeing them.

Also I'm going to be there for Holi. I am so so excited about that!

Those are all great! ^___^ I guess I mean that I generally prefer not to play the tourist. I want to do something worthwhile, if that makes any sense. My brother is connected to several non-profits though, so that probably won't be too much of an issue.

Today is the beginning of Fall Break! Yes! Time to sleep, finally!
Nem

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today didn't get through the interview - but after seeing the amount of horrible fake happy-happy they had to put on all the time. I'm rather glad of that.

Also my head's hot and I've this strange feeling of pressure. Hopefully go away after a couple of cups of tea. Might also have something to do with only having had half a sandwich all day. Dunno.

Can't believe it's only Friday.

On the plus side my eyes really hurt less today. No real improvement on the motion blur front but, yeah. That's the first time I've been outside for any great length of time without thinking like OUCH for a while.

So, rather mixed bag today.

Gosh my lower back's killing me - walking around for seven hours really gets to you.

Maybe I need a job where you can sit in a comfy chair for hours, associate with almost no-one and do a lot of reading.

Long-haul driving with audio books? Two out of three, I guess. =p

#

@Tenshi: If you're going to stretch do it after exercise, rather than before - and take it carefully. The research I've seen on the subject indicates that while warmups are a good thing to do before exercises stretching increases the risk of damage if done beforehand.
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/522928_4822568290451_2121083033_n.jpg
(Conversion for my Metric Folk: 3.67 miles = 5.9 km)

Today I hit the gym again, joined by my friend Amanda. She runs for a hobby, so cleared 2 miles in about 18 minutes. Still, there are some definite improvements here! I ran .15 miles further in 15 minutes less time, burned more calories, and kept my heart rate up a bit higher (as opposed to ~150bpm on Thursday). I think the mid 160 range is higher than I wanted, but.. I'll work on that. For my second day in, it's not too bad. I may aim to go about four times a week. Three at minimum.

Today my old uni's football team, widely touted as a dark horse national champion (ie no one expected them to have a chance, but they might win out) lost today. :\ Not unexpected, but still a bit disheartening.

Today I confessed, for (I believe) the first time, that I once dreamed of getting into shape and trying out for the football team. I would never do it now, given the spinal surgery, but I still want to get into shape.

Tomorrow is homework day. Oh, homework day... how I love to loathe thee.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went on a ghost walk around town. Very old town, major battlefield sites from two wars, lots of very old buildings (the ones that didn't get burnt to the ground, anyways)? Everything is haunted, apparently. The tour was led by a local minister, which I found interesting, to say the least.

Today at work we had a theft . . . of pumpkins. The ones that were left over from the festival were in storage waiting to be picked up by whoever bought them, and someone decided to make off with a number of them.

. . . Really? Pumpkins? *sigh*
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/2012/oct/14/un-global-food-crisis-warning

Thought this needed to be shared.. We've been canning food for a while now. Might come in much more handy than we ever thought.. >_>

As a note for the future: If any Forumites need help, get in touch with me if you can. I'll try to help any of my friends. Standing promise.

Red Skelton
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I remember that. Quite a few pig and dairy farms have been closing down because the feed's becoming so expensive the price they can command isn't worth being in business anymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182719/Save-bacon-British-pig-farmers-say-rising-cost-feed-forcing-business.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/oct/12/weather-uk-farmers-food-production

And all the prices are controlled by the supermarkets who pretty much tell the farmers what they're going to pay because they're so massively powerful (hi oligopoly!)

:/

World population's too big.... Limit to what you can sustain. People need to stop having as many children.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to stop throwing away food. =/

This doesn't surprise me much, actually. Too much heat, not enough water . . . none of the crops here have been making it to harvest for a few years, now. People are moving from corn to soybeans, because the corn just dies. It was pretty disturbing, last year and this year, driving down to the coast and seeing all of the cornfields. They were just . . . black. And shriveled.

If something does give, I hope everyone here is in a position to survive it.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had the opposite problem in the UK. Most of the crops were flooded out and just rotted in the ground. Looks like we'll all be tightening our belts for a while.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I wrote a small essay in the Venting Thread. ^^; Sorry, guys. It's just a topic I'm familiar with, know a bit about, and have strong opinions for. Mea culpa?

Today was very productive. I got my car inspected, which is important because the shop I had taken it to on Friday told me I needed some various parts which I didn't think I needed. My normal garage confirmed this, that the car was fine, the other place was just trying to rip me off.

I also got a call from my doctor. All of the tests came back well within the range we want them, which is hugely good news. That means that not only is the spinal issue fixed, but all of the other health issues are coming back in line as well. OhmanyouguysyouhavenoideahowhyperIvebeenlately.

Was early to my classes, when I was expecting to be a bit late. Sat with my favorite people in both classes, always good. Got my grades back for my second Stats exam, and got an 83% on it. I was really frustrated with this for a bit, until I learned that the class average was a 72%, and the guy I sit next to got a 54%. ^^; (I also would have had a 100%, but I got a single critical value backward, and missed several questions related to that. BAH.)

Homework for a few hours, French class at 6, then hitting the gym at 8. All in all, today is a really good day.

Red Skelton
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it's my birthday. Christ, 24 years old. That's getting on for being an adult. I don't wanna be an adult Wink

If you give me a couple of years to get ready, I feel I'd just about be able to take a decent crack at being a teenager.

*thinks of his teenage years*

Well, maybe not. If I had it all to do over again I'd probably still spend all my time in my room reading.

Where does the time go, eh? No, wait - I answered this one years ago when my sociology teacher asked it of me, 'Into the past.'

Hnn - time machine time.

-stretch- Its been way too long since I read a good book. Kinda running out of places to keep them though >_> This room really needs a chest of draws or something so I can actually get the clothes off of the chair and maybe build another bookshelf above them....
- Issa
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday 'old' man.

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Spellingmistax = mistax = ax = anthrax
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Nem!
Allicat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday Nem! Let me know how 24 goes for you, that'll be me in a few months!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Nem! You're not allowed to recycle numbers until you hit 29, you know.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 34 of 67

Jump to: