FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

the Picture thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The garden took about four hours, alternating between a trowel and a hoe. I think it was a hoe. It's shaped like a hoe (the flat, small bladed implement bent at a 90 degree angle to the handle), but it had three prongs. A quick browse of Lowes doesn't help me any, but it does list this type of hoe called an "action hoe".

Yes. I played in the dirt with a trowel and an action hoe. Yes, yes, I did. For four hours, I did. Heh heh.. >>

I'd say it was back breaking, but there's a certain sick humor to that right now, no? It was good fun. And we may just have to paint those boxes! That would be keen! Thanks for the idea!

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called a Cultivator, I think. Or, well. Cultivators generally have four prongs, but they can have three, as well. It was my weapon of choice when my parents tried to interest me in gardening as a child.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but playing with a trowel and cultivator for four hours doesn't sound nearly so amusing to me.. >>

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call things by their real names and almost everything becomes funny. Go grab your "action hoe" look at it, and call it a cultivator. It's just as ridiculous.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I always called it a long-handled trowel, or probably more likely, a trowel on a long stick. That's what I think when I look at one, anyway.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I took this picture a year or more ago, and I finally got it off my phone and smudged it. I just find the wording hilarious. Laughing
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone brought this darling into my work on Tuesday with good intentions. They thought it was hurt, but the only thing wrong was that it was only a day or two old and hadn't quite mastered the art of running. Poor thing can't go back now. =(

Still, it was adorable.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poor deer! *ba dum ching*

Today my brother bought me Magicka on Steam, and it turned out to be a really awesome game. Very funny.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. Is there a reserve or something nearby?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work actually has a "zoo" featuring local wildlife. A really long time ago they acted as a wildlife rehabilitation center, too. They haven't done that for years, though, that I know of. At least not in the official "bring us your critters" kinda way. I know that some of the animals we've got couldn't be rehabilitated for whatever reason, and that's why we have them, and I suppose we had to have gotten them from somewhere--but probably from official rehab centers, not people bringing stuff in.

We couldn't take the fawn, though, because a.) we don't do rehabilitation anymore, and b.) we're not licensed to deal with fawns. We called someone in, so I guess there must be some animal rescue/rehabilitation centers somewhere nearby. But I don't know where they are.

Annnnnd I spent Saturday morning trying to get this little guy out from behind the wheel of my mom's car. Now he resides in a cat carrier in our backyard while we try to tame him enough to take him to a shelter.

This is a weird week for animals.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your brake rotors are so cozy waaaaaaarm.... Sort of a hair raising situation, though. Made it out just by a whisker. If you hadn't spotted him before driving, that would have been a catastrophe.

>> .... -flees-

Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he could move his head. He was perched on the wheel axle most of the time. And since there are no current litters in our yard, and because of how small he is, we can only concluded that he hopped up behind the wheel while my parents were out at breakfast and hitched a ride home with them. In which case it's a miracle he's still alive.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my pictures from Hadrian's Wall:

Nem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a quote from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas:

Quote:

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

For obvious reasons =p (Edge of the Roman Empire and all.)
- Issa
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For our Canadian Forumites:
http://i.imgur.com/uQU6g.jpg

(Sorry, the image is massive, and I didn't want to make the screen scroll)

Red Skelton

Last edited by Tenshi on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: