FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: That is an EX PARROT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll keep sending happy thoughts. This is the tedious bit, the recovery. I hope he takes it easy so he can heal properly.

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that he's home and on the road to recovery. Lots of good thoughts being sent your way, still.
Nem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew - getting away from that hospital food'll probably do him a world of good too Razz

^_^;

Today stayed up all day and then went to sleep at a roughly appropriate time (~01:00) So... actually up in the morning today.

Today it's hot. There seems to be a ball of fire in the sky O_o Look out the window and you can feel your eyes going "ERK!"

Got some sunglasses somewhere around here....

Edit: Am I the only one who gets the feeling that people - especially men - don't really enjoy their fashion anymore? I mean generally I don't pay fashion much mind - but certainly you look at a lot of peoples' suits and... it's thin, it's nasty, the cut's much too tight for their body really. A lot of the time you can see the buttons being pulled slightly over, actually see some strain in the fabric -- it's just aesthetically unpleasing. Well I think anyway, mileage may vary - maybe people like that nowadays. It's clear that it's just a load of fabric glued together in the rough shape of a suit rather than something that's been constructed around them.

It'd be no wonder if they don't really have any fun with it. :/

Alright - obviously one of the things you're doing with clothing is signalling. Suits came from the attempt to imitate bankers, signal your wealth. Lounge suits essentially being the shortening of a banker's coat. Then you go on and suits become lighter - tighter as a way to stand out.

And in a way people seem to be carrying that towards its logical conclusion. In which sense it may just be very close to being played out. There's only so far you can push a single theme, I suppose.

Edit 2: An extra 3p a litre on petrol and the possibility that they're going to start charging you to use the motorways - on top of your vehicle licensing fee.... Gov seems to be trying to make it impossible for anyone to do business....
- Issa

Last edited by Nem on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought modern style wasn't. By which I mean, not stylish.

Usa, I'm really happy to hear your dad's home and doing well. Baby steps are still steps. Your family's in my prayers.

And ooh - MRSA's ugly. We think I might have had MRSA a few years ago, but because it was a holiday, I couldn't go and get a biopsy or whatever. We went to a doctor friend of ours and he prescribed some powerful meds. Turns out I'm allergic to those meds, so I had to go to the clinic anyway to treat that. It was ugly and painful, and also kind of scary. The doctor said if we'd waited even until that evening, he would have sent me straight to the hospital, regardless of the holiday.

I haven't taught much at all today... marked a few papers, but other than that, no. Ah well. Things are crazy right now.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went out for lunch at an extremely country restaurant with some friends. The company was fantastic, though I can't say I much liked the atmosphere. u__u;

Today I went to see The Hunger Games. it was pretty good. Shakey Cam got on my nerves, though--waaay overused.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I am ridonkulously warm and have been for days. I've had my window open during the day and my heating off and I'm sleeping in as little as possible while still being comfy but still I wake up two or three times a night and throw the covers off. It's March! In Norway! It SNOWED yesterday! Why am I so warm?

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fever? A 'lamb' week? I hope it's not something serious.

Today I update you guys on a couple of things:

A) Spent Shabbat with my new-found cousins - my grandfather's cousin, and her nephew. So SHE'S my first cousin twice removed, and HE'S second cousins once removed. And her great-niece (the one in my neighborhood) is my third cousin, I think. They're very nice people and I"m glad I've met them. Grandpa's cousin seems to think I'm a computer guru, though, and keeps asking me to solve all her computer problems. ^_^;

I tried out for the campus acting society, and landed the lead female role. Female doctor in the late 1800s apparently. I wasn't really expecting it - I was expecting a different role. ^_^ But look, I have a lead part! And she's not an airhead! The play is "Good Morning, Bill!" by Wodehouse. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Asa! ^__^

Alli: Maybe it's just freak weather. Weather seems to be wonky all over the world, lately.

Today my cat got into weed killer. An emergency bath was given. He doesn't seem sick, so we don't think he ate any of it--which is a relief.
He's more trouble than a barrel full of monkeys. Thursday he got into a bottle of olive oil and we had to do the same (just to prevent him tracking it all over the house). Seriously though. If there was a trouble-making contest between my cat and a monkey, I'd bet on my cat.
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today watched the R.O.D. OVA. Yomiko's a sweetheart. ^_^ And who doesn't enjoy a dogfight between a paper airoplane and a steampunk aircraft over New York?

Today someone I spoke to, briefly, at karate yesterday is grading. Good luck!

Today got a vaguely decent night's sleep. Very weird dreams.

Today, tried using this keyboard that was quite slim. Don't get the new trend in making your keys shallow. You could feel every key bottom out. Keys should have a fair bit of ride the other side of their activation point, otherwise you're just bashing your fingers off a board.

Hope you feel better, Alli.
- Issa
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unusually warm here too Alli.

Yesterday I had a riding lesson, it wasn't my best. I made a couple of stupid mistakes but towards the end of the lesson my horse decided he'd had enough and wouldn't move, I don't think I can be blamed for that really.

Today I had my last volunteering session at the Museum. My volunteer buddy and I have decided we've gotten everything out of it that we can and it takes up a lot of time at the weekend.

Tomorrow may or may not be my last day at work depending on whether they want to keep me on for longer. We'll see.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I finished my research paper (mostly)! So I had an unexpected but very much appreciated free evening. ^__^

I'll probably regret taking the time off in a few days, but today I don't care.
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today got called shy again. Noticed that there's a property the people I'm 'shy' around all share though: They rarely talk about anything that isn't, effectively, a list of things they've done.

People who are fun to talk to ... they'll talk a bit about themselves, if they have to, and then it'll tie into some other subject. Because they've got interests, things they care about other than themselves. They think about things, there's something to share. The discussion isn't only and ever just about what they did today, even if what they did today is a way into what they really want to talk about - or gets touched on from time to time. (Not a criticism of anyone here ^_^)

Gonna have to suppress that answer now.

"Why don't you ever talk? You're so shy...."

"No, I choose not to speak. You're just horribly self-centred."

"O_o WHAT?!...."

Heh =p

Edit: Though come to think of it, they'd never ask the question like that anyway. Self-insulating. Wink

Edit2:
YAY! Got an interview! ^____^

Okay, may still not get the job, and if I do it's only a short term thing, but.... ^_^ There's the possibility of actually being paid for my work....

And the company's willing to pay for the qualifications you need to do the job, which is nice.
- Issa
unimportant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I thought I'd drop a line and say hey, because ya'll have been on my mind lately. I'm in Ireland at the moment, a semester abroad! It's pretty cool.

Glad to see the familiar names around Smile
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fable! *hugs* It's good to hear from you! I hope you're doing well. A semester abroad in Ireland? That sounds amazing! Will you treat us to pictures sometime? ^____^

Today I spent the afternoon story-boarding. IT's a lot more work than it seems. @_@

Today I need to decide if I'm going to take Victorian Lit or the Sci-fi lit class in Fall. Choices choices choices.
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fable! *Hug squish glomp* Long time no see. ^_^

#

Today checked debts - slightly less than I thought, which is nice.

Discovered D.O.B. for the rest of the family for forms. Just need a second reference and to sign the thing and we can send it off.

Not that we think we'll get a nibble but.... Some probability is better than no probability at all.

Unless it's cancer or something. ^_^
- Issa
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 4 of 67

Jump to: