Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weekend in pictures:

Saturday

Sunday

Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are absolutely amazing, Britland! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My school decided to have a campfire party! I love that it's actually cold enough for campfires.

A really cool cloud I noticed. Also, it's the moon!
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures from my road trip (in no particular order)!

Rocks! In the ocean! This is a new concept for me.

On our way back we stayed overnight in Las Vegas. A few of us went out onto the strip. This is a small portion of it.

A rare rainstorm in the desert.

Western Colorado, which is completely different from the Denver area.

The Pacific, Huntington Beach California, and surfers. There was a really cool pier there that I spent a lot of time walking around on.

For a fun photo: When we were staying in the mountains in CO, I saw a rainbow one day. Not only did I see a rainbow, but I could have walked to the end of that rainbow if it had lasted long enough--instead I just got a picture of it.

I took a film camera with me, as well, so here a few pictures from that.

I just want to say that sometimes, misloading film can make for some pretty cool pictures. This is driving through the desert in Nevada.

A picture of a fountain in Las Vegas that is apparently really well known. It "dances" to music. It was pretty neat.

A sea lion! We don't have these on the East Coast. ^____^

Another misloaded picture, just for fun. This is when we were up in the mountains in Colorado. That's . . . Indian Paintbrush I think?
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos! And great timing, too. The one of the rainstorm is rather spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, that makes me homesick. :-/
Tinu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Tin. ><;

I'm actually a little jealous that you grew up in an area like this. It's absolutely breathtaking.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't added much here lately, but here are some microscope images from a recent biology class. I can point out all of the little parts of the cell, but... I'll neglect to do so unless asked, I mean not to bore anyone. ^^;

Not sure on the type of leaf, found it in a pond. Scope was at 40x magnification, and so on.

Stand back! I'm doing SCIENCE!

Edit: Okay, I HAVE to say how cool it is that you can see the cellular wall on the second layer. That's the thin, wall/line structures that form roughly rectangular sections within the cell. Those were actually incredibly difficult for most people to capture, and I managed to get a fairly good spread of them, I think. The smaller structures, the dots, are the chloroplasts. There are some small circles inside the cells, and those were actually things moving around.

If you watched, once you had the brightness of the scope on the specimen, you could actually watch the chloroplasts being moved along the edges of the cells.

Sometimes, science is really cool.. The chloroplasts, the green dots, were about 1μm in diameter. Which, if you think about it, is amazing. That's 1/1000 of a millimeter, or 0.001mm. That's... small.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on Facebook, mostly because now I have an image url to use...

The real reason why I love my backpack so much:

Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaha, that's fantastic! ^_^

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire was made from the rotted parts of the shed I knocked down the day before.

It burned looonnngggg into the night.

@_@
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, remember that time I went to Africa and I kept forgetting to post pictures to prove it? I finally remembered! I'm going to try not to overload you with the hundreds of pictures I have, but here are a few.
The trip was split into two parts:

South Africa

I got to pet it. Which is something I'm going to tell to everyone who sees this. Ever.

A slum near Johannesburg. We spent a lot of time here, actually.

Zebra! On Safari in South Africa.

Some variety of Hornbill (I keep forgetting which kind) in a Camel Thorn tree. Also on Safari in SA.

Pretty scenery on Safari.

and Mozambique

I took this one at about 5:30 in the AM when our bus broke down while journeying to our place of residence in Mozambique--we'd crossed the border 24 hours prior to this.

Where we stayed was near the coast, so very sandy. It was also in the middle of a mango grove--and mangoes are messy trees. So the grounds got swept at least once daily.

Most of the time, we ended up teaching kids the "hokey-pokey." It was so much fun!

Traveling to the middle of nowhere (in the bed of a giant truck)--more commonly referred to as "The Bush."

The people there liked to have dance parties late at night, and it would kick up so much dust that it was hard to breathe--but I got used to it and just had fun. ^__^

We had a free day where we went to the Indian Ocean!

And then there's me trying to carry something on my head and failing completely (it was a lot heavier than I anticipated).

And that's all I have without going completely crazy and dumping photos on you. >>;;
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nu, you are such a fantastic photographer. Thanks for sharing these with us. ^_^

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So! Our garden had been left essentially untended since late last summer. My father wasn't feeling well (probably a precursor to what's going on now), and as things picked back up with the start of the new school year for everyone, none of us kept up with it. We ended with.. this:

Today I worked it back out. I turned it into this:

I had myself a nice nap afterward. ^_^ Well, okay, no, I didn't. However, I did relax for a few minutes, and my mother came around the side of the house after her nap (she's sick with allergies) to snap a picture for me:

I saw something beautiful, though. Through the straw hat I was wearing, I watched clouds drift lazily by through a latticework of woven strands. It was, truth be told, particularly beautiful..

Also, my little boy created himself a "robot suit" out of old cardboard boxes. My brother has a ton of Mountain Dew soda boxes laying around (he's addicted to soda), and my boy brought the larger boxes down from Michigan with him. Anyhow!

Red Skelton
Asa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ha, that's great! You should paint it and make it a real thing. And congrats on getting the garden done! That looks like a ton of work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 64 of 67

Jump to: