FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Tomato



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 312

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim looked around the room, noting that everyone seemed to have their focus centered on the mission and the information involved with that. The mission that was being set-up had a military-like precision that interested him.

The people in the room were of many different shapes and sizes, with no particular sway towards one gender or another. Actually, it was odd how many petite young little females there were. Jim doubted their combat utility, but decided to leave such judgements for when people were actually bleeding.

He rested his chin in his hand and rubbed the short stubble thereon. He needed to shave. Or not. Maybe it'd be nice to grow a little goat. As he pondered this, another thought struck him.

"How are we going to get in?"
_________________
:: I'm six foot four, an all-American guy, and handsome and talented as well! ::
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((EPIC POST. OOC me if I've forgotten your question.))

“IF YOU HAD BEEN LISTENING YOU MORON, YOU’D KNOW IT’S A SIMPLE TAKE-OUT AND EVAC MISSION!” a rather shrill voice would proclaim at Jaze’s question, making even Garrick jump. If the Hunters turned their attention to behind the conference table, they would see a computer station set up, as well as a live video feed flickering across the screen, and a rather disgruntled young woman sitting at the other end, surrounded by screens, wires and various hard drives.

Rubbing a temple, and perhaps feeling a migraine coming on Garrick cut in to explain: “I should have mentioned earlier… for those of you unacquainted, this is Ellie, and she handles most of the technology for us. She’s part of our ticket inside… She’s sitting in on the meeting so she can help me co-ordinate should anything go wrong this evening.

“And as she rather, er, succinctly pointed out, you’ll be split into two teams. One will take care of the vampire management, and the other will evacuate the lapdogs from their holding and out of the building. And you’ll all be going in undercover. For the first team, you’ll be private repair consultants coming out to have a look at the computer systems for the building – thanks to Ellie they’ve been having a lot of problems this week and they need someone to have a look. From these schematics, it would seem that one of the main systems for handling the building’s security measures is located a few floors down from the main offices; it’s also where they’ve been having some trouble but Ellie has yet been unable to break through completely, but we’ve given them some headaches… Hold on.”

Moving over to a corner of the room, Garrick quickly returned lugging a huge cardboard box with DISGUISES marked conspicuously on the side in bright red permanent marker and plonked it down with an unceremonious thump on the table. Then, he reached into his pocket and drew out a flashdriver and held it up so the entire room could see.

“One or two of you specifically will get escorted to the central systems room – you’ll find a drive point, stick in this driver as inconspicuously as you can and then radio back here, and say “Are things looking any better at your end?” Then I’ll instruct Ellie to get on with her end of the work; her ETA for bringing down the building’s systems should be 3 minutes tops. You will have to get yourselves to the ‘lair’ office, but Ellie should be able to open and close any doors for you.

“The second team will be posing as a catering team for several photo shoots which are scheduled for this evening on the sixth floor. I know it’s not as glamorous, but that team will have the important job of getting those being kept as cattle out of there. They’ll be frightened and confused when the systems go down, and we know for a fact that Babel has been trying to keep some of them ‘docile’. A lot of them will be present at this shoot, but some will still be in the ‘dorm’ area which is on the floor below. You will need to fetch those cattle as well. Security won’t be as tight, since it would be bad appearances on behalf of the host. You see, the photographer orchestrating the shoot is a vamp, so while he may have a bodyguard with him, security will be laxer as a show of trust. I’m not saying it makes any sense myself, but this appears to be the situation.

“To handle your individual queries,” Garrick went on, and pointing to the photo that Anna was holding. “The man in those photos is Harry Williams, the head honcho of this operation. Though he has the usual political ties to certain Princes and Princesses, our intell tells us that he and he alone has complete financial and legal power over Babel Media Group, and he’s confident enough that no other vampire would try and get in on his niche that he’s appointed no obvious successor, and he doesn’t appear to have taken on many… fledglings in his time either. Part of the beauty of this is that without Williams at the head, the various cogs and wheels will turn in on themselves and in-fighting, and fracture. His customers will only be suspecting one another of having been greedy, creating tensions amongst the Courts. Also, Williams remarkable confidence in his own value means that while there will be some security to deal with, they won’t be as armed or as heavy as we might have previously encountered in a vampire compound of this size, but no, I don’t have an exact number for you. You’ll arrive in separate transports; Team 1 will go through the front door and check in at reception, while Team 2 will enter and exit again through the basement. Ben will be Team 2’s driver this evening, and he’ll pick you up and take you to the evac point. As for Team 1, if you can get down to the basement in time, that’s well and good, but there is a good chance things could get hectic so both teams should take copies of the underground schematics in case you have to make your way to the evac point on foot…

Garrick took a breath - he had been talking a lot until this point, and he was probably starting to get parched. It was a lot of information to impart.

“Now, is there anything else before I hand out the disguises and announce the teams? Or am I still clear?”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae Kim had no problems with sticking her tongue out at Jaze and giving him an oh-so-dignified raspberry when Ellie proceeded to berate him over the video link, and settle into some snickering. It’s what he got for slacking anyhoo.

The plan was straight-forward, but huge to say the least. Well, it wasn’t like they hadn’t cased larger places, but this was a pretty co-ordinated operation and she couldn’t remember Ellie ever having to help them out live before. Even if it was meant to be much lower security than normal, she didn’t like the idea of her or one of her teammates getting isolated and then sucked dry. That idea was pretty… well, sucky. Although she couldn’t help rolling her eyes when she heard the word “disguises”. Surely that couldn’t end well…

“So long as what you’ve got in that there cardboard box approaches tasteful, I think I’m good. I’m gonna guess that we’re gonna have to be discreet about… well, carrying our vampy-killy equipment? But like, how discreet?”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barret ignored Ellie; irritating girl, that one. Competent enough, for sure; Barret probably couldn't do a tenth of what she could with a pocket calculator in five minutes if he had ten years and a supercomputer, but still. Damned irritating. He watched Garrick warily as the box of costumes was lugged out. Fortunately, both teams had roles he could deal with: service workers were rarely called on to justify themselves, and he'd inevitably look like low-wage labor anyway. Since Anna would presumably be leading the computer center team, he wouldn't be called on to play a part he couldn't. He was generally uncomfortable with the disguises for the mission, though. Neither fiddling around with computers nor motivating catatonic or hysterical pets were tasks he was particularly talented at. Subtlety wasn't his strong suit. But as far as being unsubtle went...

Barret spoke up. "Coupla questions. First, for confirmation, Team One is taking down Williams? Is there a specific method for that, or do we just hunt around until we find him? The longer we're in there, the more dangerous this gets, so if we can't get him within about fifteen minutes, we aren't likely to. Second, how are we covering ourselves here? If we just get in, kill a local business honcho, steal a half dozen high-quality cattle, and pull out, we're gonna bring a lot of attention down on the local resistance, specifically those at this table. Is there anyway we could leave some suggestions that this was a raid by another specific vamp, maybe a prince that another Chapter's been having especial trouble with?

And I second Jae: what's the plan for gear? Niamh's bow or Dia's rod would be a little too obvious, of course, but neither team seems to have the ability to hide the level of equipment they'll need. I'm not stashing my piece in no trencher of soup."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tomato



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 312

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim looked over at the monitor as a lovely voice seemed to chime out of it like the dulcet strains of a harp. Ellie, as she was apparently called, was a new addition that he hadn't met before. Ellie! What a name such as that, as if given and ordained by a Goddess of purity and goodness!

It struck Jim rather curiously that her voice reminded him greatly of his mothers, and that they were indeed quite similar in timber and tone. It was beautiful to him, much in the same way that the mouth of a sea anemone is beautiful to a clownfish. He could tell that he would enjoy working with this lovely lady. And she was talented! So talented as to have already paved the way for their journies. This indeed would be most a most auspicious occasion, and she warranting a most specific investigation indeed.

He looked across the table, stroking his invisible goatee. This was going to be an interesting experience.
_________________
:: I'm six foot four, an all-American guy, and handsome and talented as well! ::
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rawr," Jaze muttered under his breath. He had only paraphrased to make sure he had gotten it. He stuck his tongue back out at Jae, who looked so smug. He'd get her later. Ellie, too. Jaze wondered if there was another question he could ask Ellie to get her more shrill; maybe if he annoyed her enough, it would get so high-pitched that only a dog could hear...
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So, what happens when the lapdogs don't WANT to be rescued...?"

Diarmuid let the rather loaded question hang in the air for a second. The people around the table would know what he meant...
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Violabelle



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 183
Location: Springtime

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna frowned at Diarmuid's question. They had run into this problem before and it was always messy. "Well, you know where I stand on that issue," she said flatly. "If they want to be... cattle for those creatures, that's their choice and good riddance. The human race doesn't need people like that in the gene pool."

She shifted uncomfortably in her chair. There was a lot about forgiveness and compassion in the Bible that she knew she was ignoring. And probably Jesus wouldn't have left lapdogs in vampiric hands... but he was only a vampire hunter in that one movie. She made a mental note that they all needed to see it, provided they survived this mission.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl sighed quietly as the shrill voiced harpy called Jaze up short. It wasn't the sort of thing you could say anything about though for all some manners would have made her a more pleasant person to work with. He wished he had some biscuits to make his silence less apparent.

Anna's comment was somehow chilling, he'd seen enough people making deals with their own morality not to care for such black and white ideals. Still a part of him felt guilty for not being able to condemn people who were ostensibly traitors.
"Life can be a hard enough road for people," he said to Anna, "Sometimes you have to believe people with power over you are good just to make peace with yourself. It's not something everyone can change in an instant when their situation gets better or worse. Though unfourtunately on a practical level we don't have the force to make people who don't want to come escape with us anyway."
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara thought about Carl's comment. It was true, they couldn't go dragging people through the building if they didn't want to come, it would cause the whole mission to crash. She wished she could get them out anyways though. What a horrible fate, to be cattle. What kind of person would want to live like that? It was no life at all! The operation itself seemed simple enough, and she took some courage from that. It didn't sound hard - it was all planned out, right? Though there were a million things that could go wrong, and people refusing to come was just one. . .

She cast a glance around the group, hoping for reactions. Jae and Jaze were busy sticking their tongues out at each other - at least someone was having fun in the stressful situation. Jim was staring at the monitor with an odd look on his face, and Tara shook her head. A bunch of crazy ones here. At least they made life interesting. She wondered who would be on her team and tried to avoid thinking about people who might not come back.
Weapon's would be a problem for most, but thankfully, hers was small. She didn't know much about fighting, so she just carried a small dagger with a cross crudely engraved on it. She could throw it if it came to an emergency, though then she'd be unarmed. But at least it was easy to hide.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tomato



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 312

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna's and Carl's words seemed to vaguely echo in the back of Jim's mind. He couldn't take his eyes off the monitor. Ellie may not have been able, or simply chose not to notice his staring, which was a blessing. He would have blushed like a braised raddish, something a man of his size and nature simply should not do.

What was he thinking about again?

Oh yes. Vampires. Wait, no. Ellie. Yeah.

The vampires. He should focus on them.

It seemed odd to Jim that anyone would be willing to be a slave to such torment. That the "Cattle" would want this, at all. It also seems like it would the pinnacle of the vampires goals if they could "tame" humanity, to make them docile creatures ready and bred for harvesting at any given moment. Wouldn't that be exactly something they would want? If these vampire hunters had encountered such a thing before, wouldn't a visible pattern have arisen?

It occurred to Jim that it was entirely possible that the vampires were developing or using some sort of mind-control or will-suppressing device, or drug, or something. Something that would make susceptible humans eager to serve their vampire masters. Such a device would ensure not simply vampire longevity, but their domination as well.

Jim wondered if he should voice such thoughts.


Naw.

He always has been the slightly paranoid type.
_________________
:: I'm six foot four, an all-American guy, and handsome and talented as well! ::
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh listened thoughtfully to the plan and the comments of the team.
She waited until the others had finished and then responded to Jae and Barret's comments re gear, "I'd guess that whom ever is in the catering group will have pretty nice trollies with table cloths over them. Also we could probably keep containers on the bottom shelf of the trollies that could store our gear. Also computer techs in my experience always travel with little rolly cases full of techy supplies. I'm betting weapons can be stored in them... Just at thought."
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Ellie and myself will be handling the distraction, so don’t worry about that. Like I said earlier, when the systems go down then Williams will be kept in his office/lair since we’re hoping to orchestrate a “false alarm”. If all goes well, then he won’t have a clue. The lair will be two floors above you directly. You’ll have half an hour from the systems going down to go up to the lair, take care of Williams and his security and then get the heck out of there. Niamh is on the right tracks… Team 2 will have food trolleys to hide some of their gear in, and Team 1 will have fairly large laptop bags. You’ll be able to take your equipment, but you will have to streamline down to the necessities – if you want extra and you can actually conceal it, all well and good. If you can’t hide it on your person or in the baggage provided then you need to be packing lighter.

“As for pinning it on another Prince specifically… If we did that, then alliances would be formed rather than broken, and it would be taken as an open Declaration of Intent on the city. That’s not such a good scenario for us. We want to destroy this operation and make them paranoid and not trust one another. We don’t want them to declare open war upon one another in the streets; we’re not in a position where we could use it to our advantage yet and it would ravage the city and the humans living here. Some cities are still recovering after territorial wars during the opening of the Coup,” Garrick explained calmly to Barrett. “I want to take them down as much as the next guy, but we need to be able to walk before we can run, and perceived overt aggression could destroy the better part of this seaboard.”

When the topic of Lapdogs came up, Garrick put a hand on Diarmuid’s shoulder, as the conversation started to intensify. Not that he would think that anyone of them in particular would be looking for a fight, but he wanted to make sure that this discussion was over before it truly kicked off.

“Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that, and that the cattle will be happy to run. I know there are those who will probably be happy with their current arrangement, and hopefully we’ll be able to move them out of there in the confusion. But if there are those who actively don’t want to leave, then we can’t force them, so incapacitate* them as quickly and as gently as you can. Apart from the obvious complications that could occur if we try to force them, it would make us no better than the vampires. It may sound jejune, but the sad fact is you most likely won’t have the time to talk any stragglers round. Gather up those who are happy to leave and get them the heck out of there,” he said, before he turned to open up the box and ditch the uniforms on the counter.

For Team 1, there would be a collection of dull forest green t-shirts and matching caps. However Team 2 would be treated to smart shirts, with matching waistcoats and trousers that were quite nicely tailored. Each team would have to look the part for their respective jobs. How Garrick had managed to get hold of the clothes was another matter entirely.

“I want Jae Kim, Anna, Jaze and Jim on Team 1, and Diarmuid, Carl, Niamh, Tara and Barrett on Team 2. If people don’t have anymore questions or problems they want to bring up, then I’d like you to collect your gear and get changed ASAP. Ben’ll be waiting on Team 2 getting their stuff together; Anna can drive for Team 1.”

On the other end of the live video feed, Ellie seemed to be watching the debate with rapt attention, pulling on a headset and waiting for when she would be needed.

*read as knock out
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Outside of the Situation Room, for when Team 2 or whoever was curious and was ready to go, a young man dressed in the same uniform provided for Team 2 would be stood waiting – their driver, Ben. He wasn’t as tall as some of the present members, but he had broad shoulders and a surfer’s build, along with blond hair and blue eyes and a very boisterous personality. It would have been some time since certain members had seen him too… Too long some might say...

((Ben returns, your general purpose hawt dude! Feel free to harass him as you please. Very Happy))
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jae eyed the uniform box nervously and tried not to get involved in the great “those who don’t want to be saved” debate. It was a discussion that tended to get ugly and end in slammed doors or spilled drinks, neither of which she considered to be particularly pleasant. She felt a bit bad for not having a strong opinion one way or another, but in the end people always did as they pleased. Instead she picked up one of the t-shirts and examined it – this one seemed to be her size, And the caps would cover their faces a bit, even if they weren’t particularly fashion-friendly. Grabbing up a cap, she darted over to set it at a jaunty angle on top of Jaze’s head and smirked.

“Awesome, definitely your colour. Though I guess our group is gonna have to exercise some subtlety tonight…,” she said, before patting him on the head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1081
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corner of Jaze's lip tugged up and back and the conversation about the voluntary cattle began. He didn't like these conversations; he was stuck in the middle. Though he strongly believed that they were humans and had free will and could choose what they did, they were also an asset to the vampires, feeding them. If they took out the voluntary cattle (by simply knocking them out and keeping them away from the bloodsuckers), then the vampires would lose some food resources--but then would they begin hunting people in the streets? Maybe it was safer to let the voluntary cattle stay where they were so that others could sleep safer.

Jaze pouted his lips and struck a pose. "Of course, dahling. EVERYTHING is my color.

"But seriously. I'm going to hide my knife in my pants leg. Think I should wear this," Jaze said as he pulled out a baggy t-shirt, "and hide my gun underneath? Or put it in the case?"
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spindrifter



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 227
Location: Walking through the woods on a snowy evening

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barret shrugged at Garrick's explanation, the discussion of voluntary cattle, and the uniforms. Whatever Garrick thought best was fine with him. He grabbed a shirt, waistcoat, and pair of pants and jogged on up to his room to put them on. Once in his disguise, he stuck his gun in the pocket of his jacket, slid his knife back in his shoe, and folded his jacket neatly into a satchel he kept for the purpose. Since most of his gear was attached to the jacket in some way, he'd just hide the satchel somewhere convenient until the real hunting began. Outfitted to his satisfaction, he headed back down stairs and picked a spot of wall opposite Ben to lean against. He nodded to the good-looking, energetic man and waited for the rest of the team to join.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That was more or less what i thought."

He turned his eyes on the disguises - he approved. Taking a shirt, waistcoat and trousers, he retired quickly to his room to change.

"Be right back." he said to Ben, giving him a quick handshake/manhug as he passed. "Just got to change."
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group