FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Survey For University

corcalamus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Survey For University Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, can you all go fill out this survey for my friend Kristen she's doing a survey about how Harry Potter has affected your lives and is doing a thesis about it at uni. Below is her post from her FB page:

ATTENTION EVERY PERSON I KNOW EVER! Please go fill out this survey for me! It's for my Potter project, and I need as many responses as possible! If you could pass the link around to your friends, I'd be eternally grateful! https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2rwQOEN9RDQ1sm8
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, done. I'm kind of bemused that she thinks Harry Potter had such lasting influence on enough people to make it a thesis paper. But hey, no result is still a result, so I filled it out for you. Good luck to her!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not terribly surprised. It's a major cultural phenomenon that co-occurred with a generation that's just now getting to college. I'm not surprised that some of them would want to analyze it.

Last march a student on my campus wrote an op-ed piece for the student newspaper comparing the main library on campus to Hogwarts. That was cute. I was sorely tempted to add "Defense Against the Dark Arts", "Potions", and so on to our list of library resource guides for April fool's that year. But I think perhaps our unrelentingly staid Director might not have been amused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: