FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Thinking of You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You remind me of someone, Bryn.

That said, the website Asa linked to? It's HILARIOUS. My kind of humor. ^_^

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Nem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a neat website, Asa/

Thought this one was amusing: http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson234.html

Twisted Evil
- Issa
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, very amusing, until one of the elderly ladies reports your license plate number to the police and tells them you abducted some children. Then things get substantially less amusing (for you).

Today I am going to a D&D game! And looking forward to it. We're finally level 2 after like six months.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://survivingtheworld.net/StudentPresentation1.html

C'mon. Really? Totally Nem. TOTALLY Nem.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this and thought of Nem.

Sorry Nem.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought of Nu today when I saw this.

http://xkcd.com/370/

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reminded of Tin, via his RPG character. Saw Jeremy

http://egscomics.com/?date=2002-07-10

^_^;

Curse you Tenshi, your mind virus has got me again @_@

Surviving the world is a bit like Tvtropes....
- Issa
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reminded of Asa, due to her love of grammar (in a non-mean way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8gqhTlUnCg&feature=related

Wink

Mmm, Sherlock - they need to make some new ones of those.
- Issa
Allicat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are. New series being shown in October!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^____________^ I like this Sherlock! Thank you for linking that, that's really cute.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Formula 1 driver Jenson Button today and I thought of Tenshi.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you went to see JB, my favorite F1 driver, gives me the absolute grandest smile. ^_^

Red Skelton
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I thought about Britland, as I'd tried to transfer pictures from my phone to a printer. Turns out iPhones and Wal-Mart's photo printers doth not like one another. Also, I'm thinking about something she mentioned when I re-read everything I write. @__@

I thought about Nem today, mostly because I was using philosophy - and thus things I'd hashed out with him - in my introductory speech. Must track him down. I suppose I aught to spend more than a few minutes on the computer at a stretch, for that..

I thought about Asa today twice. One, because I envision her nagging me every time I feel like skipping class. Two, because there was a fellow who, before his introductory speech, prayed that Allah would guide his words. Just the region where she's in, I suppose? I dunno, it was vaguely Middle Eastern... region... ish... >_> Anyway.

A lot of people professed religion in the 'belonging to a congregation' way. It's rare to see it personified. Made me think of her own devotion, though the religions are different. The man who did so was very intelligent, and incredibly nervous. However, he collected himself and did well enough. We're all human, in our ways.

I thought about Ponce quite a bit today - or, really, over the past week. Two friends have been asking me many questions about her, trying to plumb the history of this mystery woman I'm only now coming to talk about a bit more openly. So, not sure if that's thinking about Ponce more than normal or if she's just been subject of conversation... but now I feel weird, so I'm going to shut up again. *makes a face*

Red Skelton
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got stuck behind an armored truck in traffic. Thus I thought of Nem and his dream. Nem, use your brilliant mind for good! Don't be evil!

Red Skelton
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a modern day Robin Hood. ^_~

Nah, they'd just use the brakes on their vans and then you'd have to use a crane of some sort to pick the van up. Or slip some sort of runners under the wheels.

And they'd know this would be the next step because they'd model your behaviour and they'd install a harpoon of some sort into the van so it could secure itself to the road. And/or they'd allow the van to declare an emergency and have a rapid reaction force available. Or they'd travel in an armed convoy, or....

Come to think of it the latter is most likely.

Wait --- no it's not. They could just pre-commit to destroy the contents of the safe in event of a hijacking and have an insurance policy against such an eventuality. They may even do so already. Probably with dye or fire.

When you really get into the game you could probably take a few vans - few million quid - but they'd start to play the other side fairly quickly. The only reason security for vans is so mediocre right now is most criminals are either really dumb or have effective money laundering operations and don't need to involve themselves in the sort of petty larceny that knocking over a few million pounds in vans before the other side cottons on amounts to.

After all some people have managed to knock over an armoured van in recent memory so it's not like it's impossible. Just, not dreadfully common. And they had inside help and acted like morons afterwards so....

Upper limits on the difficulty there....

Heck if you were really smart you might log the number of the bills when they went into the till - using a camera and OCR tech - and transmit that to the central depo when you handed over the bills to the van. Just cancel that money if the van got hijacked and put out an alert for it turning up somewhere else.

You ever looked at... illicit substances dealers... Tenshi? Specifically their bank accounts: Rooms full of money. No-one's yet worked out an effective way to launder it all without a high - and legal - initial investment in businesses. Whoever solves that little problem will be rich and powerful beyond the dreams of men.

Come the time that we all use digital money there won't be room for naughty people to slip between the cracks at all.

Which is of course the main motivation for your average citizen not to use purely digital money. No-one really wants all they do tracked by the big $$$$, or government. Too many silly laws for that ever to sound like a good idea.

Like Durkheim said: Just as there has to be room for those smarter than the average to exceed the standards of their society there must be room for those who fall beneath the standards of their society. The freedom for one cannot exist without the freedom for the other.

I guess the problem really is I'm good at being evil. Those sorts of ideas come naturally to me Even if it is just a dream ^_~

Though of Tamir today - read about the possibility of Turkey attempting to breach the Israeli blockade on Gaza. Though I think if they were serious the smart move would just be to arm an aid boat....

Still, politicians give me little reason to believe in their intelligence most of the time Wink

Hope you're still safe Tam, even if you are out of touch for the moment ^_^;
- Issa
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: