FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TWC

devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: TWC Reply with quote

Other than TWC, what was the other web comic portal that we use to vote for ES on, that was on the front page? I can't remember the name of it anymore....
Maeniel

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was buzzcomix.net. The site went down in 2005 because the host accidentally deleted the site, but it came back up for a while. After a few months, it went back offline, and we haven't seen it since. Most comics have migrated to TWC.

We're also listed on onlinecomics.net, but the site seems to have slowed to an almost stop; it's really not the hub of comics it used to be.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that sucks,... it seemed like those site did wonders for ES.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a bit too much. If I recall correctly, Teh Lady actually left buzzcomix (or at least stopped using it) before it went down because she was getting SO much traffic she was in danger of getting removed from the list. That had happened to Sarah Ellerton, and she didn't want to risk it herself. I may be wrong about the causality, though.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember if you entered the Top Ten for about four weeks streight, they moved you into a Hall of Fame sort of thing.... And you would stay there permanitly.... and couldn't be on the normal list anymore. So, the Lady took the link down every so often, because no one ever looks at the top ten....

So that's what happened with that...
corcalamus

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthsong stayed number one for about a month on Buzzcomics and ended up in the hall of fame. I remember that because the lady wasn't impressed that she'd forgotten to take the link down for a week to prevent that happening.

I think when you got on the 'hall of fame' the exposure to new visitors is obviously reduced as you're not on the front page anymore.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corcalamus wrote:
Earthsong stayed number one for about a month on Buzzcomics and ended up in the hall of fame. I remember that because the lady wasn't impressed that she'd forgotten to take the link down for a week to prevent that happening.

I think when you got on the 'hall of fame' the exposure to new visitors is obviously reduced as you're not on the front page anymore.

^
That...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: