FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Dr. Who

devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Dr. Who Reply with quote

I know that the Lady is interested in Dr. Who, and I have been known to watch it from time to time myself. That said, I just realized the Dr. changed,... and had to go to wikipedia to figure out why (just goes to show you how much I watch it). That said, I don't think the show will be the same... what does everyone else think?
corcalamus

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about Matt Smith, he's the best doctor I've ever watched and I've watched all of Dr Who. He just... fits. It's very odd, I feel like he's always been the Doctor.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each Doctor brings something new to the role, I think that's part of the point in his regeneration. It keeps the show fresh and allows for new plots which fit into the Doctor's persona and his relationships with his companions. For example, the Doctor's current concern for Amy and her possible child.

Every time the Doctor changes, so does the show. Christopher Eccleston was a darker character, so the show reflected that. David Tennant was a figure of romance for many (from his previous work in Hamlet, not to mention his good looks!) and so the show reflected that in the plot arch with Rose and episode by episode. Matt Smith is a deliciously eccentric character, and so that gives scope for some peculiar episodes. I'm sticking to the "new" Doctors here as I assume you've not seen many of the old ones. If I were to go into the old Doctors we could be here all day!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corcalamus wrote:
If you're talking about Matt Smith, he's the best doctor I've ever watched and I've watched all of Dr Who. He just... fits. It's very odd, I feel like he's always been the Doctor.

I felt the same way about David Tennan.... whic was who I was referencing... I don't know about this new doctor though,... it just seems so different now. I don't know if I'd be able to sit down, and watch it.
Allicat

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give Matt Smith a chance if I were you. David Tennant was definitely my favourite, but I like the eccentricity you get from Smith, and I like the things they've been able to do with his portrayal that maybe wouldn't have worked before.

devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really having a hard time getting into the new character for some reason... In fact, the only real reason I watched it at all before was because of Tennan.
Allicat

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fair enough, a lot of people don't like Smith at all, but I'd encourage you to give him a chance. This latest series is pretty darn good, I'm thoroughly enjoying it even though I'm a die-hard Tennant fan.

devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allicat wrote:
That's fair enough, a lot of people don't like Smith at all, but I'd encourage you to give him a chance. This latest series is pretty darn good, I'm thoroughly enjoying it even though I'm a die-hard Tennant fan.

I'll continue to try....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: