FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Listen in to College Radio!

unimportant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Listen in to College Radio! Reply with quote

Hallo there folks! Just in case you wanted a little college radio in your life, my twin and I do a Metal music show on Saturday nights, 8-10 PM central time, and once a month we read a mystery on air. So far our authors have included Neil Gaiman, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Bram Stoker.

We're trying to build our listenership, so the site to listen from is
http://www.macalester.edu/wmcn/

and our facebook page is
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104000509662739

And this is the station's tumblr, where you can search posts tagged to Metal and Mystery and find our previous playlists!
http://wmcn.tumblr.com/

There will NEVER be swearing beyond the mildest possible words, since we are over the air and subject to the FCC radio rules. We also offer up freebies and things over the air, and we can mail you "DJ Love Packs" as we describe them if you ask for them ^^ Our music trends towards more symphonic and orchestral metal, we don't do much screaming, and we like to incorporate a healthy dose of the classics, like Ozzy and Metallica. If you'd like to give us a listen some time we will give you a shout out on the air and love you FOREVER. Smile
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphonic, orchestral metal? Sounds like a contradiction in terms, to me. Guess I'll have to give it a listen and see what you're talking about!

*scurries over*

EDIT: Really? That's the tagline of the station? *shakes head* Also, can you put up a link to a representative song of "symphonic, orchestral metal"? I can't figure out these websites, they're too new-fangled for me. Thanks!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Symphonic, orchestral metal? Sounds like a contradiction in terms, to me. Guess I'll have to give it a listen and see what you're talking about!

http://www.trans-siberian.com/ is one of my favorite bands, and is very much in the genre symphonic metal. They've got a whole album that is a remix of Beethoven Smile Not to mention some of my other favorite bands such as Nightwish and Within Temptation. No, it's not a contradiction in terms, and yes, it's an awesome music style (my favorite genre in fact).
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait, like Bond? Basically remixed Classical music?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: