FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Favorite Mandragora?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
UFAlien

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Favorite Mandragora? Reply with quote

So I don't know if this topic existed before I came back, but there's nothing like it now, sooo...

I've always been the kind of guy who becomes a fan of the villain in a work of fiction, and so I can usually say my favorite character is evil (or at least kind of a jerk). I know this doesn't apply to everyone, so I decided to get specific - forget about all the goodie-two-shoes, who's your favorite Mandragora? Twisted Evil

My favorite is Jormand. We haven't seen much of him yet, but his power (which I can not help but refer to as waterbending, having just seen The Last Airbender) is my favorite, and I always like the charming jerks (maybe because they're so much fun to portray as an actor). He also shows a bit of depth in his apparent love triangle, without being a total wreck like Tristram.

...also, he's hunky and his fins are pretty colors Very Happy

Dubbed Loofah by Asa
UFAlien = UFA = oofah = Loofah
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always like characters that had a bit of darkness to them and I think Neuria is my favourite Mandragora, she looks like fun.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Mandragora? Reply with quote

UFAlien wrote:
So I don't know if this topic existed before I came back, but there's nothing like it now, sooo...

I've always been the kind of guy who becomes a fan of the villain in a work of fiction, and so I can usually say my favorite character is evil (or at least kind of a jerk). I know this doesn't apply to everyone, so I decided to get specific - forget about all the goodie-two-shoes, who's your favorite Mandragora? Twisted Evil

My favorite is Jormand. We haven't seen much of him yet, but his power (which I can not help but refer to as waterbending, having just seen The Last Airbender) is my favorite, and I always like the charming jerks (maybe because they're so much fun to portray as an actor). He also shows a bit of depth in his apparent love triangle, without being a total wreck like Tristram.

...also, he's hunky and his fins are pretty colors Very Happy

Tris,... but I don't know that he's a bad guy yet. Bel otherwise....
TDTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn between Ulkurz, Skogul, and Morgan. Morgan had that one awesome banshee face, and her personality is awesome thus far, Skogul is... well, awesome. She can be nice to those she likes, brutal to ones she doesn't. So far, she seems like the one with the best developement, IMO. And Ulkurz is a goblin/gremlin thing. How could you not love him?
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan. Just for general manipulation points to get the last blow in, and going between faces so quickly. Bel would have made it for Evil Overlord style, but he just wasn't quite so in control throughout.

...Okay. I also like her fog hair.

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
clemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am a fan of Morgan. She just looks a lot more posh than the others (but still acts like them). I think in the old version of the comic there was a wallpaper featuring the Mandragoras and I remember really liking how she looked there even though she never appeared in the comic. (If she was there....my memory's a bit hazy).

That and Alyss. Strong girls rule.

Bellenarrow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Tristam, because he really doesn't want to be doing what he has to and I am a sucker for the ones who fight against a fate they don't want to go through with. Also he has the interesting powers of a vampire and doesn't sparkle or do any other weird notions people have come up with vampire-wise nowadays.
Tyris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristram's never-seen golem friend who made his cave labyrinth.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
TDTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main reason I don't like Tristan is because it's such a Broken Aesop. Especially when Willow said "You raise them... like cattle" or whatever. Yeah. Nice. Vampires are not allowed to raise their own species of cattle to LIVE ON while humans can eat cattle just because it tastes good. =/ He's not a monster be any means. I mean, he'd be a monster if he killed for fun. But he needs to eat to survive. Those sort of things always just make me go "O COME ON NOW" and bang my head.

I didn't post just to rant. I also like Alyss. Poor little girl, I feel sorry for her. So, yeah, list:

1. Ulkurz: Goblin thing! He's so adorable. How can you resist?
2. Skogul: Most developed character in the story I've seen so far.
3. Morgan: Awesome face.
4. Alyss: Sympathetic villain FTW.
Wren

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TDTC: I think the main problem is that Willow knows what I believe the Lady has only said on the forum:
YatesOfYore wrote:
Vampires and Minuons are the same species, (though the Vampires don't like to think so)[.]

That's pretty creep-tastic. And anyway, what are they feeding on?

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
TDTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I guess the fact that I'm pro-cannibalism is sort of changing my views, too. >_>; It is cruel, but I don't know, I guess it's just that what Willow said "like cattle" that makes me so pissed.

It does make him slightly less broken, though.
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, he needs to eat but he doesn't need to eat other people - which I think was the point. In any case, I've been reliably informed that eating people is wrong. Wink
- Issa
Nyt Dwellur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.. I must say that my favourite Mandragora would have to be Tristram as his story is simply so tragic... He doesn't want to be there and you can tell he's the "runt" of the bunch - getting picked on and bossed around whenever he's not hiding... Also, in recent events we see more about his true feelings - yeah I'm not going to say more about that JUST in case. Smile

A close second would probably be Alyss though just because you can easily see things from her perspective.. She's just a child who could easily have been very different if she had not been... raised by the Mandragora. She allows her emotions to control her, leading to very sudden changes. Though if the Mandragora are all she can truly remember, what more can you expect? [/i]
EENick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neuria by far. I love her character design and she seems like she'll be a lot of fun in future chapters. Most of the other Mandragora's just come off as jerks and I can't wait to see them stomped on but Neuria comes off a little different for some reason. I think it is her devil may care attitude and her wild expresssions that does it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of recent mama bear naughty donkeyery, I would like to change my answer to Skogul.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: