FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Archeology RPG OOC thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Rama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to mutually apologize for vanishing without a trace.

Good news is I've got a new computer that's basically 100 times more powerful than the old one. Oh happy days.

Tried playing some flying simulators and realized how out of shape I've become in that department.
It also got me stoked about the rp to improbable levels.
So role call: how many people just lurk like me and make the rest of the group uncertain about whether anyone is reading?

Meh, I'll update and see.

Probably going to make a character portrait when I get home tonight, just to try out the new rig.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a problem if the rest of us are trying to move forward... and even then we've been known to leave people behind. You can get some pretty creative in-game excuses when that happens - it's all part of the game.

As it is, our GM also functionally vanished... so you didn't miss anything.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Rama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Cool

I had a part in a fantasy mystery-murder rp before that sort of fell apart because people didn't post, so with that fresh in mind I'm cautious to signs of the same happening elsewhere. Then again, the community was a lot less tightly knitted than this one, with no external interest (comic in this case) so maybe that could've contributed. Still, being vigilant.

About in-game explanations for player absences: We explained the disappearance of one of our aristocrats to a decadent party outside of town. Cue my char being left with 3 crazy awesome people and a working class investigator. Oh, what things could've been Rolling Eyes

I looked through the absence thread, but didn't find anything on Tenshi, so not wanting to go rushing into foul-guided action without knowing what was going on, I decided to wait and watch the rest of the group.

Still, it inspires reassurance that people still post.

P.S

Anyone want a character portrait? I need to configure my new drawing programs and I could probably use the break from my own railed designs.

Could be fun to make it in form of a passport or digital identification....or something else that requires a picture.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! If you're offering, I would LOVE a character protrait. ^__^

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A-RPG project isn't dead, but it had its sails effectively clipped. I've been struggling with creative writing for the past few months, that and many things. I have some appointments coming on Monday which should find me a way to solve that problem. My apologies for the delay, and for not really saying what was wrong. Personal issues such as these are the sort I was raised to never discuss in public, heh.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Rama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatís completely okay by my standards. Just got a little worrying when nothing was heard for such a long time.

I think Iíll spend the time waiting with some drawing. Iíll use a thread in the art section as a sketch dump and upload some roughs tonight if everything goes smoothly with the image hosting.
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it! Do you have a dA account?

Rama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact I do. Not that I update all that often.

The thread is up in arts and crafts now, with a 1 hour sketch of Arvid to test out the scales.

Here's a link
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: