FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunters - Phoenix Edition: Chapter 1: La Dolce Vita Reply with quote

It was early evening and the sun was slowly beginning to dip in the sky, leaving purple and rosy tints in its wake, in a city by the sea. While for the vast majority of normal humans, a day of work was ending and most prepared to return home or relax and make merry, though the city certainly did not quieten any. However, in other cases, work had only just begun for some, in a realm that most of normal society wasn't even aware of.

In an old renovated warehouse, close this city’s docklands area, the main hub of operations for the Order of the Anima was situated. They were team of people who lived on the very fringe of society who worked to deal with the “vampire threat” that had taken control of human society and structures, and indeed throughout several cities as well. Unfortunately for them, this “vampire threat” as much as owned roughly all of this either legally or otherwise, which made their operations and bids for freedom rather difficult. Nonetheless they did their best, though it was tough to admit that things had been very difficult for the Order for the past few years, even with their rather steady expansion in numbers and facilities.

At that moment, the leader of the Order of the Anima and Overseer of General Operations, Garrick, now sat in the base’s “Situation Room”, appraising the plan that sat before him. He was a man in his late thirties, of an average build, with dark blond hair and blue eyes, with his face set in a rather contemplative expression. “The Situation Room” had not been his first choice of what to call name the room he now sat in, but it was as good a name as any. But that was not his main concern.

No, his main concern was concentrated on the plan, which was for a mission that he had scheduled to go ahead for that very night. A lot of strings had been pulled to get hold of both the information and equipment required, but he was confident that their house-team could handle it. Most variables had been considered, and so long as the plan was kept to, they would come through fine. He gathered up his notes and diagrams into a semblance of organisation, and then stretched before marching to the room’s door and to summon up the team so that he could go over the finer details with them.

“Team meeting in five minutes people! Assemble in the Situation Room. We have a mission tonight, and I want to go over the particulars before we move to the site!”

~

Jae Kim gave a small start when she heard their leader calling them down and into a meeting. She’d spent the last half hour or so plonking about on her battered guitar in the recreation room, trying to figure out a rather complicated chord, which had been escaping her thus far for the better part of the afternoon. She hadn’t even realised what time it was until Garrick began to shout for everyone to come down; they were going out on a fairly big mission that evening, weren’t they? Must be time to suit up then.

She pushed her musical notes into a corner of the coffee table in front of her (she could put them back in her room later or something like that), and carried the guitar out with her awkwardly, tucked under her right arm. She ought to have really been in the training room tonight, having a mission and all, now that she thought of it. Meh , never mind then. Peering round the door of the recreation room, she began to cast about to see where her teammates had gotten to…

“Guys?” she called out softly, audible but not as loudly as Garrick had summoned them. “Seriously, where’d people get to?”

((I’ll try and get a basic map of the base drawn up tomorrow, but the basic outline stands as this: ground level – sitation room, kitchen and dining area, training room and labs. Upper level – living quarters and recreation room. Basement level – extra living space to be renovated, showers and bathing area, and some unused rooms which have yet to be given a purpose. OOC me if I’ve left anything major out. Garrick and some other NPC bios will go up later on, once I’ve pulled up the files. Get in there and introduce your character and get some interactionz going on before the meeting gears up – good places to start them up would probably be the training room, the labs, the recreation room, living areas or the dining area. Feel free to ambush Garrick or Jae Kim at this point. XD))
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, Dia was hunched over a petri dish in the lab, working on his research. Actual setbacks were rare, but even so, he'd had little success in recent weeks, and was a bit down in the dumps. He was almost glad of an excuse to leave his work and join the team meeting.

"Be there in a few minutes, boss" he called to Jae Kim.

He squared away his gear, put the petri dishes he'd been loading into the incubator, and turned off his bunsen burner. Turning away from the work, he left the lab, hanging up his white coat on the way out. Beneath it, he was wearing a tight white shirt and jeans, and his numerous tattoos could be seen poking out of sleeves and collars. He swung through the kitchen and poured himself a coffee - he'd been at work since the early morning - and made a sandwich - he'd worked through lunch. He'd spend about 5 minutes in the kitchen doing this ((with time to interact with anyone else)) before joining the meeting in the training room.
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barret shook his head in annoyance as he awoke. Jae Kim's quiet "Guys?" came through the door to him and he grunted. " 'M here. Be down in a sec." He hadn't meant to fall asleep after spending the morning training, but the shower just did him in. Not that he had a terribly long list of things to do anyway; lacking the education that Dia and some of the other members had, or the inclination toward pastimes like Jae and her guitar, he pretty much spent his time keeping in shape and absently rereading his book. But there were better ways to pass the time. There had to be...

He shook the thought from his head and dragged on a shirt and shoes before walking quietly down the stairs to the Situation room. He always walked quietly. It was a good habit to have. He nodded to Dia as he stopped by the kitchen for a glass of water and took it into the Situation room where Garrick sat before a sheaf of scattered papers. A Plan. Hmm. That meant a Mission. Something to do tonight, anyway. Maybe the sleep was a good thing...

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh was leaning in concentration over the new arrow aparatus that she was working on. One more 1/8th of a cm and the small ampule of holy water would be in the arrow tip and she could give it a test. Garrick's call scared the living beegeebee's out of her and she jumped, sending the arrow sailing and the ampule smashing harmlessly on the floor.

Niamh cursed at no one in particular, "OH! For the love of Pete! It was almost done! GARGH!" She stooped and cleaned up the broken glass, put the arrow back on the table and shrugged her shoulders. Again talking to no one in particular, "Ach well i guess i'd best wander on over..."

Niamh was already in her maraudering gear, namely dark med-heavy cotton trousers that were close fitting but still free moving and with lots of pockets. A dark tank top and black hoodie. She leaned her bow and gear against the door so that she could grab it easily on the way out (for the mission) and then headed to the staging area, pulling her crazy curly, short red hair into a random series of little buns all over her head as she walked into the situation room.

Niamh stopped mid stride as she realized that she was the only one in there with Garrick, she hoped he didn't notice the pause as she continued in, smiled, raised and eyebrow and jokingly said, "You come here often? ...."

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tomato

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim heard the hoarsly barked command, and sighed out a long, slow breath from his nostrils. Unfolding his legs slowly, he came to his feet, steadying himself.

He got up, and walked from the recreation room, roughly following up behind Jae Kim, and silently placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Hello."

Last edited by Tomato on Mon May 05, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Violabelle

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna jumped in her seat when she heard Garrick's bellow. She had been deeply involved in some research at her computer. "My goodness," she said faintly as she tried to calm her racing heart. Deciding it was mission time, Anna shut down the computer and quickly changed into the black clothes that she wore for hunting. She pinned her braided hair to her head so that it wouldn't be in the way, grabbed her bag of goodies, and ran quickly out of her room and down the stairs.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrick would be sat back down at a rather large conferance table, sorting through some schematics as Barrett, Niamh and Anna entered.

"You come here often? ...."

"Why, bored of my mug already?" Garrick quipped back, glancing up to see people file in. "Just pull up a seat and make yourselves, we'll get started on the particulars for tonight as soon as everyone else is here. It seems most of us have been at the proverbial grindstone today... How is the research coming along, ladies?"

((Feel free to harass Garrick or do idle chatter amongst yourselves till we have everyone checked in and ready ^^))

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

((Ambush has been taken literally. XD Bleh, I forgot clothesy description ><))

Jae Kim gave a start as a heavy hand came down on her shoulder and nearly dropped her guitar with an awfully loud clatter - instead she stumbled a bit, and fumbled to regain her grip on the instrument, looking up behind her. She had to crane her neck a fair bit to see that it was Jim; he was well over a foot taller than she was, after all.

Letting out an audible sigh of relief, she took a much more secure grasp on her guitar and cradled it in both of her arms. She was dressed casually, in a black sleeveless top which let the top of her scar peek out at the shoulder and plain dark jeans; she would only have to pull on a jacket to be dressed for hunting.

"For the luv of... Yeesh, you startled me Jim!" she exclaimed, but still heading for the situation room. "Seriously, not funny..."

She trailed off awkwardly - she was normally fairly verbose, but wasn't too well acquainted with Jim, but she didn't want to be rude either.

"So... been settling alright? Not had any problems or anything?" Jae Kim inquired politely as she reached the Situation Room door.
Tomato

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim looked at Jae blankly. He didn't know how to answer that question immediately, how exactly does one 'settle' with a troupe of vampire hunters, anyhow?

"No problems."

He peaked his head around, roughly inspecting Jae's guitar.

"I'm sorry about scaring you. I think I inadvertantly made this into an awkward conversation. I don't know you very well. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" He asked, regarding her without expression.

He turned his ear toward her, listening as he bent foreward and pulled an obscenely large sweatshirt over his frame. It was plain white, and said in simple, large and friendly green letters: IRISH. The period mark was in the shape of a little four leaf clover.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara slipped quietly into the back of the meeting room. She'd been wandering the halls when the call came, and had gotten lost trying to find the Situation room. Looking around though, she thought she wasn't that late. While she wasn't yet acquainted with her teammates yet, she was pretty sure there were a few more that had yet to come in. She tugged her navy tee down a bit, smoothing out the wrinkles and began twisting a newly acquired hemp bracelet on her wrist. This would be her first mission, and she'd only been here a day or two, it was natural that she'd be nervous. She still couldn't believe they'd actually let her join - she was nothing special after all, just a good sneak. She pulled her feet up so that she was sitting on the chair cross-legged and took a few slow, deep breaths, hoping that she didn't look as anxious as she felt. She turned her attention to the people already seated, and those still coming in, so these were the people she'd most likely have to trust with her life. . .
Violabelle

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Research is great!" Anna said brightly as she took a seat. "I mean, it's not very productive lately, but it's still great. Except it's a lot of work, and can be kind of frustrating... Um. I still can't believe you're leading us now, Garrick! I mean... I don't think you're unqualified, quite the opposite really..." Flushing, she looked around for a distraction and turned to Tara as she entered. "Hi Tara!" she said a little too eagerly. "How do you like the Amina so far?"

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze jumped out of his room, the music still blasting behind him. He hurdled down the stairs two at a time, making a ruckus (that probably couldn't be heard in the Situation Room anyways...), but he quickly quieted down as soon as he got onto the third floor. He saw Jae standing in the doorway, looking all official.

Cute.

He snuck up behind her all quiet-like. Once he was mere inches away from her, he suddenly grabbed her sides and began the tickling.
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barret drifted over behind Garret and began to skim over the various notes and blueprints in front of Garret from over the man's shoulder. Much of it didn't yet make sense to him- the man had a curious and agile mind, and his formidable abilities as a researcher had honed his talents at drawing unseen and subtle connections. Unfortunately, that meant Barret could barely fathom his plans without explanation; the forms of cause and effect and consequence were not his particular specialty, and the former archivist's plans employed the full, formidable powers of his mind. He took especial note of the blueprints: while he might not understand what they were to do, he had a good head for direction, and a drafting class at school, which seemed so long ago, had taught him to visualize a map or drawing and use it. Office buildings, malls, and rooftops all had their own geography, each recognizable, each confusing, and each waiting to trap or save a Hunter at work.

The plans before Garrick looked like no place he'd been before, so he drifted back out of the room, dropping his glass off in the kitchen- he always left some chore unfinished before a mission. It was one of the little concessions to the superstition that supernatural dealings inevitably instilled. Leaving something undone was his way of promising himself to return; if not for his colleagues, then at least to clean up after himself. It hadn't failed him yet, anyway. And he didn't want to waste any more time. He jogged back up the stairs, repeating the summons for the benefit of any who might have missed it, and ducked back into his room. He grabbed his jacket and kit: ammunition, knives, tool, canteen, book. The book was like the glass: it always went out, it always came back. And so did he.

As he padded down the stairs again, strapping on his left-handed holster on the right side as he always did, he slowed to a silent stalk, then stopped, as he watched Jaze come up on Jae Kim from behind. No need to ruin the easy-going man's fun. He leaned against the wall and suppressed the hint of a smile that the antics brought, then slid past the two and back into the Situation Room.

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niamh winked at Garrick and tried for her best 'surfer girl' accent, "Well, like you know if you aren't busy later... Ach! who am i kidding". Nimah couldn't keep a strait face at her jest but hoped it took the spotlight from Anna and decended into chuckles as she took a chair near Garrick's.

Shaking her head again Niamh answered his question, "The 'research' is going great... I think i've figured the design and if your call hadn't startled the billy beegeebees out of me i'd prolly have a prototype holy water carrying arrow."

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dia wandered in late, stuffing his face with his sandwich in the process.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna's sudden interest and over-eagerness startled Tara, making her jump a bit. "I-I like it ok. I haven't really been here that long. . .but from what I've seen I think I'll get along just fine." She offered a small smile. She caught sight of the sneak-attack Jaze was performing and the smile widened - at leas they weren't all stiffs here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: