FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

I'd like to do an Earthsong Cameo, is that allowed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
EENick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: I'd like to do an Earthsong Cameo, is that allowed? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm the author of another web comic Cwen's Quest and I was recently turned onto Earthsong by my artist and I'd really like to do an ES cameo in an up coming chapter of my comic. However since Yates took down her E-mail I don't know how to contact her and I don't want to do a cameo without her permission. Does anyone know what her policy is on the subject or could they just bring this to her attention and have her PM me when she gets the chance?

I don't wish to sound self important but I've only got a limited window in my story where I can cleanly fit a cameo in so in a couple of months it will be to late to do an ES cameo and I'd have to wait quite a while for another good spot to do a cameo.

I'll understand of course if the answer is no she doesn't allow cameos but I'd like to know.

Thanks!

-EENick
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, don't really have a policy on it as it's never happened before Wink Anyhow, feel free to cameo away! I guess the only thing I'd ask for is a link back when you do it... and lemme know when it shows up as I'd like to see it!
EENick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! No problem! Um just FYI, we have a rather large buffer so even though we're doing the pages now it will be a few months till they are posted up. But if you like I'd be happy to post a sneak peak in this thread if you want to see when it is done.

Thank you so much! I promise not to do anything bad with your characters!

Edit: Update the pages are finished but due to our rather large buffer still won't be up for a little while yet. Thank you again!

EENick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: The cameo pages should start going up on June 29th and run until the middle of July.

The only thing that might change those dates is a guest page I'm waiting to get for the end of the current chapter.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... nice. I didn't expect Alyss to be the cameo Very Happy Surprises are awesome XD
EENick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for good surprises! Picking one character was a hard choice since I pretty much like them all but my artist and I decided it should be one of the bad guys and Alyss made a big impression with me. Alyss intro was just so awesome and so well written, I kind of became an Alyss fan right then and there. I just hope he isn't out of character in our pages given that fact we don't know Alyss too well yet.

In case you were wondering Neuria was our second choice because I like her character design a lot and it seemed like her personality would play well into things but we already has a speedster in the comic earlier so we decided a second so soon would be lame when we have a number of other awesome character we could pick from.

Sorry to ramble. Anyway I just hope you enjoy the pages when the go up and we get to see lots more Alyss in future updates of ES.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*mumbles quietly*

Alyss is a girl...

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
EENick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
*mumbles quietly*

Alyss is a girl...

*shouts loudly*

I KNEW IT! THANK YOU! See that is what I said but my wife (whom sometimes helps me with the comic) insisted Alyss was a boy and my artist agreed so I conceded the point figuring they knew better than I did.

Vindication is mine! I have much gloating and one minor edit to do.

Also good to see someone else on the forum! Hi Asa, nice to meet you.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if I recall correctly she's a young girl, so you might not have to change her design much.

Nice to meet you too. This was a conversation between you and Teh Lady, so I didn't want to butt in, but I suppose now I'm glad I did. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
EENick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
But if I recall correctly she's a young girl, so you might not have to change her design much.

Nice to meet you too. This was a conversation between you and Teh Lady, so I didn't want to butt in, but I suppose now I'm glad I did. ^_^

Well we drew her totally off the comic model (just in our own in house style) so she should look the same as in the Earthsong I just need to sweep through the dialog to make sure their are no references to Alyss in the masculine.
EENick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright the first page is finally up and the cameos will run tuesday and thursdays until the last page on the 15th.

Thanks again for permission to do this and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Cwens_Quest/index.php?p=717510
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: