FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TWC

devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: TWC Reply with quote

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

Line 30: Get
Line 31: If _Comic Is Nothing Then
Line 32: _Comic = twccode.dal.comics.TWCComic_functions.GetTWCComicbyID(Me.ComicID)
Line 33: End If
Line 34: Return _Comic

Source File: C:\data\websites\WCN\topwebcomics.com\gpages\default.aspx.vb Line: 32

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
twccode.dal.comics.TWCComic_functions.GetTWCComicbyID(Int32 objectID) in F:\PROJECTS\topwebcomics\twc\twccode\dal\comics\TWCComic_functions.vb:368
gpages_NewVotePage.get_CurrentComic() in C:\data\websites\WCN\topwebcomics.com\gpages\default.aspx.vb:32
gpages_NewVotePage.ShowComicGateway() in C:\data\websites\WCN\topwebcomics.com\gpages\default.aspx.vb:202
gpages_NewVotePage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\data\websites\WCN\topwebcomics.com\gpages\default.aspx.vb:191
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er... I know that this is an error report, but what is it? Did you get it when trying to get to TWC from ES, ES from TWC, after you clicked "Vote" on TWC...? The list could go on. Can't fix it if we don't know all the details.

Though I voted for Earthsong just this morning (maybe 6 hours ago) and I got no such error message. Then again, I'm using Chrome. What browser are you using?
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
Er... I know that this is an error report, but what is it? Did you get it when trying to get to TWC from ES, ES from TWC, after you clicked "Vote" on TWC...? The list could go on. Can't fix it if we don't know all the details.

Though I voted for Earthsong just this morning (maybe 6 hours ago) and I got no such error message. Then again, I'm using Chrome. What browser are you using?

The vote TWC button on the front page,... well, the TWC link... not the actual button. IE for the browser. I wasn't sure if anyone had any way to forward the information to them....
Kaden

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was down all over earlier today I think. I couldn't vote for anything until after noon. It seems to be all better now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: