FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Dream Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was the first time I dreamed (or rather, remembered dreaming), in months. It was a relatively simple dream. I was showing someone around a town, and we were hanging out. I went dress-shopping, and I remember that my dad was NOT happy. Then it switched and I was at the person's house, and we were carrying around boxes overflowing with camera film, trying to find a place to put them for safe keeping. I think we were heading to the attic, and then I woke up.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had a dream last night where Miho, Tin, Ax, and I were together for some sort of convention (probably relating to DDO). We all had these fancy invitations that changed depending on where the party was going. After the convention, we were all going to my place for some monster-kicking fun, and the invitations changed to these Asian cherry blossom-looking invitations. We all had a short convo, then I logged out/woke up.

It was very .//hack ish.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had a dream... it was rather pleasant, actually, I was invited to go... somewhere, and I was doing... something, and it was all going splendidly. Then I started to wake up and have a more active role in controlling the dream, and of course it all went downhill from there. I forgot where I was supposed to go, horribly insulted someone by accident, and ended up in rags on a street corner.

Metaphor for life: If I stopped worrying, I'm sure it would all work itself out fine, but by my own actions I mess things up.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Miho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i had this really random weird dream and I'm open if people wanna interpret it for moi.

Okay, I don't know if this is part of the dream, I have a feeling like it really happened, but I don't think it did. So from my bedroom window I can see the temple and generally they're all glowy and full of light at night. And I can see the whole thing these days on account of the trees having no leaves. Anywho, I woke up last night, I think, and I couldn't see it. It wasn't lite up and all I could see were the street lights around it. I searched and searched for my glasses, couldn't find them. Anywho, I think i fell back asleep.. or my dream really began here.

So I'm with my ex, but in the dream we're still together, all coupley and lovey and married. I decide I need a baby so I adopt this beautiful baby girl. We go to show the baby to my mother, but instead of going to my mom's house, we go to my old elementary school which, isn't the one he went to, just I did and it's really old, basically they're gonna have to condemn it in a few years time. Anywho, we get past the gate and walk up the stairs to the school and in the foyer/lobby thing, my mom is there. We show her the baby, my ex rattles on and on about how beautiful this baby is and how happy he is, I'm super excited too. My mom looks the baby over and then tells me, "no. you can't keep it. Take it back." And just like that I take it back. Oh and during this whole time, because in my dream this took a lot longer, no one asks her name. I have this beautiful name picked out for my baby girl and no one will ask it. And I can't say her name unless someone asks me, I don't know why, that's just the way it is. Anywho, so I'm pretty furious no one wants to know her name and that I have to take her back.

Second part of the dream, I adopt the baby again, only this time, it's not a baby, she's a toddler by this time and I'm not with my ex anymore... he's become... Liam neeson. Also at this time, my sister, who in real life has been married 10 years now in real life and has three kids, is getting married. We're at her wedding and she's freaking out. She's as skinny as she was in highschool, which is ridiculous, cause I could never fit into her highschool clothes, she was a size 0-2 back then. Nowadays, not so much. So anywho, she's wearing this really flowy dress. Strapless, the top bodice part is white and it has a giant sparkly broach, the rest is black... think breakfast at tiffany's/ audrey hepburn, sorta like that, and she's freaking out cause she's not getting ready in a real wedding dress. Apparently she promised her fiance's mother she would wear a real wedding dress, but completely forgot to pick one up. p.s. I have no idea who she is marrying in this dream, but it's not her husband now. So again I have this adopted child who is utterly GORGEOUS! I mean, stunna babe, stunna. Anywho, again, no one will ask her name and I'm getting really angry cause I just adopted this kid for the second time and once again everyone talks about how pretty she is, but no one asks her name and I can't say anything. Anywho...

that's about it.

I woke up so angry this morning because no one wanted to know her name. They just wanted to hold her and talk about how pretty she is. SHE HAD A BEAUTIFUL NAME! UGH! I'm really mad at my ex, my mother, my sister, and liam neeson for not asking. And the thing is, I know it started with an E and it had an apostrophe in it, but now, I can't remember it. I think if someone had asked her name and I had actually said it aloud in my dream I would know, but I don't and they didn't and I'm mad. I wanna know the name sooo bad. Ugh. Maybe it was just really pretty in my dream and not real life, but my life will not be complete until i figure out that name.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what's that's like, but it's really rare to have the same dream again to figure it out. I've had bits of old dreams show up in new dreams as props and whatnot, though.

My dream (one of them) last night was about a RenFest. I went with my brother and mother, and instead of wearing my costume, I decided to visit the tent with the rental costumes ($25 and anything you want! (except the fan's mine)). I remembered a particular dress from last year, but I couldn't find it now. In fact, I couldn't find any dresses, only nightshirt-like underdresses that were way too big and not nearly modest enough. I spent over an hour wandering around, while my mother and brother finally got bored of waiting for me and left. The woman who worked there thought I didn't know what I was talking about, at first, then realized I really did know what I was talking about, which is even rarer.

Eventually I leaned against a shelf to take a short nap, and as sometimes happens, dreamed about what could be happening. Same people, same room, but they're doing something different. (This usually happens in class...) So anyway, in the dream, there was a round rack of clothes by the entrance, which held all the missing clothes from before. And there was the dress I was looking for! I opened my eyes, and the clothes were still there! I'd walked right past them. Rejoicing, I changed, and started looking for gifts for other people. A packet of seeds in memory of my dead sister (don't have one in real life, don't worry), a knife set and a scarf for my brother, and a packet of gum and a little tchachke for my mother. Then it was time to go, so the man in front of me kindly paid, and I left.

Kind of pointless, but I miss RenFest all the same.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed about a man and his daughter living in a small town in rural Colorado, which was being terrorized by a sixty-foot-tall black woman who had lost her daughter. All the children in town were required to wear read hats and help her look for her daughter, and they (the children, not the hats) would explode whenever she decided they weren't right, and then they would pull themselves together and come back to life and go through the whole thing all over again.

I ran into the man's daughter while she was wearing a red hat and pulled the hat off her, whereupon she woke up and realized that this hat business was a problem. We went and found her father and decided that the thing to do was to find the giant's daughter and return her.

We went to the library to do research. First we checked out The Brothers Karamazov, but it didn't have the information we wanted. So we took it back and checked out On The Road. That one was in very bad condition -- all kinds of people had written marginal annotations into it, the pages were dirty and dogeared, and some pages had been pulled out, folded over onto themselves at odd angles, slipped into plastic sleeves, and bound back into the book. Which made them hard to read. But the book did tell us that we would have to go to Denver, and we would have to fly there. When we returned it, the librarian was busy in a crowd of patrons, and he thought we were the ones who had damaged it, and charged us a 65 cent fine. The guy (the one with the daughter) was incensed over the fine, and grumbled about it.

In this world, there were no planes. In order to fly to Denver, we all had to get onto a sort of wagon, which would lift off and fly us to Denver. There were about twenty of us crammed in, sort of lying down in about a foot of space each. There was a retired army colonel at the other end of the train, and me, the father, and the daughter all crammed in at the other end. There were no seatbelts: instead, everyone got a sort of string tied around one wrist, the other end of which clipped onto the wagon. On our other wrist we had to wear our boarding passes. And for some reason I had to hold my sister's dog Ty, who is very small and wriggly.

The wagon took off and flew us along towards Denver. Along the way, we saw some lovely fields -- something significant involving the giant black woman happened in the fields as we passed, but I can't quite remember what it was. Then our flight path went straight through the ruins of a gigantic castle made of green and grey stones. I could see it even when I was blindfolded. As we curled around the last bit of the castle, we could see the dungeon, and the giant black woman was locked up there. She saw us and laid a triple geas on me, but it wasn't clear whether I was supposed to release her or make sure she never got out, so I ignored it and we flew on to Denver.

Denver had not developed in this world like it did in the real one. There was never a gold rush, and no cattle drives. The entire economy of Denver was based on raising hazelnuts and making toilet paper. The entire place was brown and dead, and the giant toilet-paper-making-machines ran up and down the sides of the mountains, coiling more toilet paper than the mind can comfortably imagine into giant spools.

As we were coming in for our final descent, the guy's daughter lost her boarding pass somehow, and got unclipped, and I had to hold her hand for about fifteen minutes to keep her from falling away. I remember watching her dangle over brown tenements as we approached the landing spot.

Then we landed, and went through security. They didn't give her a hard time about her missing boarding pass. And then we realized that none of us had Ty, and he must have fallen off somewhere along the way, probably in Denver some place.

Then I woke up.

--------------

I also had a dream earlier in the night, in which my grandmother's house was overrun with mosquitoes, and she wanted me to get her some bats to eat them. There were bats in my garage, so I tried (and eventually succeeded) to trap them in an odd variety of bird cages and the plastic containers that supermarkets serve bulk candy out of. But they were intelligent bats, and quite resented it; and when I let them loose at Grandmother's house, they just flew away.

^_^
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night my dream was... difficult. I woke up in a panic, and searched my room for PROOF that I was, indeed, who I was yesterday. Interested yet? Wink

The dream began in the nearby town of Nitro, on the edge near Nitro. There was a delivery I was taking (though I haven't worked that area in well over a year), and I was hunting for some address that was tucked off the main road. I was having a fair bit of difficulty finding them, so I parked my car outside and took to the street on foot. Holding the pizza bag in one hand, I dialed up their number and called with the other.

It should serve to note that it was pitch black outside. The street lights were dim, and the darkness of the night was very pervasive. There was even a light misting in the air, which served to make me desire nothing more than to be inside some place. So, when they answered the door of a small shop which looked more like a hallway sticking out between two shops, I jogged over and forced the normal smile.

"Come in, come in! Let me get the money for you, child," said the woman who seemed to be in her sixties.
"Thank you," I said quietly. Normally we're not allowed to go inside the house, but it was cold out and a business. Businesses are a small exception to that rule.
"I have it over by this counter, follow me," she said and exited the hallway on the far side. I followed, keeping my steps quiet as I walked.

Once in the small room at the end, I was greeted by a strange all-white counter that appeared to be made of solid wood. There were dozens of clocks on the wall, all tuned to different times. Three letter acronyms labeled each clock with a piece of white tape stuck to the clock's center. Behind the counter, and to my right was a bank of metal boxes. Each was labeled with a three letter acronym, and one of these was open.

The woman smiled at me, sliding a parcel envelope across the counter to me with the money for her order. I retrieved the pizzas and set them on the counter for her, looking confused.

"Ma'am?" I asked.
"This envelope has been waiting for you, it's already paid for," she said kindly. She had seemed to age a bit, at this point. I noticed that one of the clocks on the wall was slowing down.

I mumbled my thanks, and pocketed the money out of habit. Then I began to investigate this parcel, which was in a yellow and white envelope. The "from" data had been mostly worn off, but the date remained: Sent June 1, 1967.

Confused now beyond words, I found my own name and birthday on the "receiver information". Opening the parcel envelope, I found inside a small plastic container with a USB drive inside of it. Folded inside the clear plastic was also a piece of paper, and a small box. When I looked up to question the woman, the entire shop had vanished. Now I was in an alley.

I hurried back to my car, tucking the parcel and it's contents in my normal hiding spot.

That night, I opened the piece of paper. On it were instructions, including a list of things on the USB drive I was to tend to. This was "the exchange" it said, though did not mention what I was getting from it. I noticed that all of the dates on the USB drive were several years passed, and smiled a bit. This had to be some sort of prank, USB technology didn't exist in 1967, and that the events were all behind me made me think it was an elaborate ruse by a friend.

Still, the instructions said to mount the box on the trunk, and it would work as a power source. I did so, running the wires back into the car. Since I've been having trouble with the battery, this was a decent enough find. On my way in to work, I was watching the small box on my trunk in the rearview mirror. I saw it's top suddenly fly open, and three cup-shaped depressions stick out from a center spindle.

The three cups began spinning, faster and faster with the wind coming down the rear windscreen. Before I could even pull over to investigate, white and blue lines stretched out through the car. They wrapped through and around the frame, the windows, everything. Then everything went white.

"Welcome home, Matthew!" I heard my mother say.

I blinked to try and clear my vision, squinting my eyes. I recognized the place immediately, but it made no sense. I was standing in the kitchen of the house I grew up in, which we sold four years ago.

"Amber and Darrion are upstairs, asleep," she continued. Then she walked out of the kitchen, and down the stairs.

My mouth went completely dry, my mind searching for some kind of connection. I felt something in my palm, and then looked down to find the USB drive secured neatly in my hand. I headed upstairs, and sure enough it was the same room my ex-wife and I lived in at my parents' house, before we had our own place. There she lay, with our son. She stirred as I entered, though I had tried to be quiet. A lazy, sleepy smile crept over her face as she looked up at me, the snow white light filtering through the curtains making her look pale.

"Welcome home, how was school?" she asked.
"I... it was good, thanks," I managed, realizing my mouth had been hanging about to my knees.

I sunk down into the bed next to them, giving her a kiss and then holding them both. I should mention here that, at this point, the fact that my dreams usually contain all five senses was HIGHLY disorienting. The fact that my brain remembered the scent of the both of them that long ago...

The next day I chose to investigate this USB drive. In it's contents were several addresses, instructions for mailing the same directions I had received, and a number of stocks to invest in. The money was to be divided between the addresses, and I was allowed to keep any excess from the amounts specified to be sent.

Confused, and more than a little rattled, I headed outside. Nowhere to be found was my own car, and then it struck me. If my son was still a baby, as he was in this "time", then I would not yet HAVE my car. I didn't buy it until we had already moved out. In fact, she still had her first car.. and I was using my father's old car. With a sigh, I took the only car I had a key to, and headed in to town.

I stopped to pick up my local best friend, and we went to the first checklist item. A record store, where several records were on sale. These would become HUGE collector's items in a short few years, though I was only half paying attention.

"Man, you're going to think I'm crazy," I began.
"Okay," he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. We didn't have seven years of trust anymore, barely one. I winced.
"Alright, bear with me. Yesterday to me was December third, 2009."

He outright laughed, rolling his eyes. Neither of these are incredibly characteristic of him, but then a lot has happened in seven years.

"I'm serious man. We've known each other for seven years, you helped me through the divorce and separation. You basically kept me from ending up in a psych ward," I rattled off quickly, too afraid and excited to keep my thoughts steady.
"Woa woa, buddy. You just got married," he replied, looking at me like I had grown a third head.

I sighed, then shrugged. I told him some of the secrets of his past that I had only learned in the past four years, proof that I had known him long enough that I was the one he trusted most in his life. When I finished, he was pale as a sheet and shaking... but he believed me.

"So what are you going to do? You know the stocks, you have your life. You can fix things, make things however you want to," he said as we walked out of the store, discount records in hand.
"I... yeah, but all the people I haven't met yet. I mean, what if something changes? What if I never meet them?" I said, the sudden reality of losing so many people so very important to me perfectly clear in my mind. It turned my stomach.
"You know where they'll be, right? Just meet them again."
"And know so much about them, before they even know my name? I don't imagine that will inspire friendship."

I thought about the people I would lose, and realized that with the exception of him... it was everyone. I thought about Earthsong, about my friends in Massachusetts, about my friends in Nevada. I would never meet Ponce, nor her friend, nor her friend's brother(s). I would lose... so many friends, real friends, the friends that have made me who I am today.

"I can't do it. I don't want this," I finally said.
"What do you mean? Isn't this what you've dreamt about for years? Going back, fixing your mistakes, giving your son a real family?" He said, but his voice was different.

When I turned to look at him, his face had smoothed out completely. His forehead was sloped back slightly, and his jaw was narrowed. His eyes glowed with a serene white light, though almost all of his skin seemed to glow. I then realized what I was staring in the face, and my jaw set out of habit.

"What I would have to sacrifice to gain this back, I'm not willing to part with. I can't lose that which made me who I am, to try and fill in the holes of who I was. I appreciate the offer, but... find someone else," I said. I reached out, handing him the plastic container I had received.

The being nodded, then took a step back. "This will hurt," he said quietly. There was a horrible pulling sensation, and then everything that's happened in the past six years went flying by in a moment. I woke up in my bed with a huge gasp, nearly falling out of bed while I tried to climb out of the sheets.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton

Last edited by Tenshi on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sneeze Tenshi! How could you remember a dream so vivid as that? And it's so elaborate and...and...wow! Just wow.

I've had a dream not too long ago where I woke up and fell asleep again and then the berenstein bears reenacted the parts of what happened in the dream right before XD. It was odd, but amusing and lightened up an otherwise sad-ish dream.

Last night I had one of my weird dreams, I held a weird shotgun type gun that shot out bouncy balls, so I shot out two of them against my dining room wall. It must've had incredible pressure or something because I made two big holes in the wall, and ne was about the size and shape of a football, and then another smaller bouncy ball-size hole was in another wall just behind the bigger wall. In the dream I remembered that in this past summer there was a wall put over the older one (in reality there wasn't), and I could even see a picture underneath of my brother, and the hole went right into his right eye. It was a good picture too and I ruined it.

Actually I had three distinct dreams, another one was about these two boys (well one a teen). They were neighbours, and the older one would always be mean to the younger one, to the point where the younger one resented him. Now the family always liked the teen, because he was always polite to their faces. Now this is the scene that actually happened, the older boy tried to find the younger one for some reason or another, yet the younger one kept trying to run and hide, mostly around the yard and in the bush (they lived close by trees). Now what I thought was interesting here was that the younger boy could turn into an animal. And I can't remember if he turned into a rabbit, or a crow, but whatever it was the teen saw him and just the way he looked at him, it seemed he could almost tell that is was the younger boy.

Anyway, later on the younger boy finally just listens to him since the older boy told his dad later on he was trying to find him and he was hiding from him. The dad got upset at him and told him to listen to their neighbour. The dad really respected the boy. Anyway, the teen apologizes to the younger boy for how mean he was in the past to him. I think my dream switched near here because I don't remember the boy openly accepting his apology or just feeling it.

Now this third dream is the weirdest and the vaguest, the one I remember the least. These two girls were upset at each other. About two different guys or another. Anyway, one got so upset that she started chasing the other, which the other started running away. She noticed that the angrier girl was catching up to her she jumped into the water beside her and started swimming. Well it turned out she was better at swimming too and finnaly caught up to her, which they both went up to the shore. I don't remember how, or what they were saying for that matter, but they somehow stopped being angry towards each other and actually called a truce. Anywho, I just remember there being coloured yoshis in this dream hopping about. Actually I think the one who was being chased noted how fast the other one was. That one told her it was because of years of practice. She in turn noted how fast she was without practice and told her if she did train herself she would probably be ahead of her in a race or something. Meh, they both vaguely reminded me of sailor moon characters.

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed of my childhood home. I was lying half-asleep on the couch in the basement, when my mother turned off the light in the next room and left. Shortly afterwards clouds of white smoke began billowing up from the electrical outlet, and I had to go let her know that the house was on fire. The entire basement had to be rebuilt.

While it was being rebuilt, I went down into it and found a party going on. Everyone I ever cared about was there -- my childhood friends, my favorite teachers and classmates. I talked with just a few of them, and then they all left, one by one, without saying goodbye, until I was the only one left in an empty room with unfinished concrete walls, floor, and ceiling. I knelt on the floor and cried. Then I woke up.
Rechaana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I dreamed I was on the Food Network show "Chopped." Except it was filmed at my house. I recall two things: One, the other contestants were complaining about the contents of my pantry, which was just plain rude. Two, I was given chicken breasts for the appetizer. I was just planning to fumble my way through grilled chicken breasts with a raspberry sauce when I woke up.

Yeah, I watch too much Food Network.

Dubbed Rachel by Asa
rechaana = Rech = Rach = Rachel
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my name in this dream was Lucas (most everybody called my Luc) and my boyfriend was named Jon. My shoulder blades and random other spots on my back were peeling, revealing some very pink skin underneath. The rest was my normal tan.

I dove down to the bottom of the ocean to get this large coin (star coin, if anybody plays Mario), and Jon was swimming behind me. When I picked it up, this pirate ship appeared and took us aboard. Turns out, they did performances, and they had a rival ship. I forget what I did...I might have dived into a tank, then held my breath for forever. All our performances were in these seaside towns, and we performed in a circus tent.

Anyways, we were on our way to another town when our ship ran across a sand bar. I remember people yelling "THE HULL IS BREACHED!" Over and over, they yelled that. So I grabbed Jon, slung him over my back, and as the ship sank, I jumped off and started swimming. I was one of the last people off the ship, and I noticed that the first mate was still on the ship, clutching to the firgurehead. I yelled at him to get off, or he'd be sucked down with the ship. I said he had to go down with the ship, so I grabbed him, too (the figurehead was level with the water level now) and put him on my back with Jon. I swam with both of them to our rival ship, and when I got there it was rather crowded. They had seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, eight maids a-milking, etc. The French hens were rather annoying. But we crammed in there and got comfy. I discovered a hidden compartment, and I found a lightsaber with a hilt made out of dragon bone. Jon told me it was pretty well-made. I turned it on, saw the green glow of the lightsaber, then woke up.

EDIT: Had another dream last night. In it, I lost about 6 teeth, all on the left side of my mouth. They just randomly fell out. The thing is, their roots were about the size of my forearm. So my friend and I wrapped them in paper towels and put them in cold milk, called the dentist, and got an appointment for right then. As I'm leaving the house, I got a call from the Damien Center telling me that I got the internship, and asking if I could come in that day. (That day actually being today, Tuesday.) I remember thinking that was weird because today was the earliest they would call me, but I wasn't supposed to start until next week. I decided that my job was more important than my teeth, so I told Melissa to go to the dentist for me and ask if they could preserve my teeth until I could make it. We took separate cars, and it occurred to me that I should have probably gone to the ER instead of the dentist. I went on to the Damien Center, and I apologized for not having all my teeth. My boss asked me which teeth I was missing, and I told her that it was my upper left canine and a bunch of molars. She went on to tell me which restaurants I'd be visiting, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I realized that, since I planned on being single for a while, now was probably a good time to get braces. And I refused to sand down my chipped incisors and get crowns for them because I wanted my real teeth. Then I woke up.

Upon waking, I realized that, despite the fake situation, I do in fact refuse to sand down my incisors and get crowns. I also now plan on getting braces because I do plan on being single for a while.
Magus Gar Kan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the last few nights I have been dreaming about my gaming group. Specifically each dream is about some reason or excuse to stop playing, though being dreams the reasons are usually absurd or too convoluted to make sense.

Still, I hope that they aren't prophetic. Sad

"Nothing is predictable in regards to humans, save for their infuriating ability to do the unexpected."

I'm not dead, just lurking and very very tired.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed that my Granddad was still alive, and didn't have Alzheimer's. My cousin and I were staying with him and my Grandma in a cabin in Colorado, and it was supposed to snow.

That's the short of it, anyways. I don't usually dream about people I know. Odd and more than a bit depressing.
Asa

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first part of the dream was about an acting troupe. They were preparing to go elsewhere for a gig, and they had to get into their costumes and whatnot before they boarded the train. Most of them were in all-over bodypaint, a dark silver. And I mean all over - from scalp to inside their lips to the soles of their feet. They also had silver contact lenses. For most of them, this was it (plus clothes, of course), but a few of them had lines of gold across their faces.

The troupe got on the train, but nobody noticed that one of the gold-faced women didn't get on with them. As the train pulled away, one silver man went to the last car to have a lie-down, and the camera panned below the train, to where to gold-faced woman was hanging... beneath that very car. When she knew that no one else was in the car she flexed her arm and it curved, like a wave - and she slid it, and then herself, through a crack in the floorboards. A few minutes later she jumped off the train in a wooded area, stopping in a clearing and examining herself. She was still a burnished silver with gold on her face, but she now had more gold. She thought it was pretty, but she didn't like the cost, and promised herself she would never do that again.

What had she done? Killed the man in the coach. The rest of the troupe found him later in the trip, eyes open and staring, clothes bloodstained, body flopping every which way when moved. He'd been bitten right through his collar, a sign that the attacking vampire wasn't quite thinking straight, and had been drained. What they couldn't figure out was why the attacker had attacked another vampire. Turns out all the silver people were vampires, that's what they looked like. A few had those gold lines, but nobody knew what they meant, so they pretty much ignored it. This attack made people nervous, and rehearsals were strained.

Pretty soon news of other attacks came trickling in, and the human actors were getting very worried. The director was not worried at all, and they departed the train to their next performance. While they were there, the woman from the train attacked again. She had a lot more gold on her face; she had succumbed to the lure. She was at the bottom of the stairs, and the only thing keeping her down was one human actress who discovered that singing kept her at bay. So the human actress was standing at the top of the stairs, nearly fainting from fright, and her voice kept slipping into humming or whistling, none of which worked. The vampire smirked and started up the stairs, and the actress started swinging at her with the makeup box she held in her hands. thwack, thwack, thwack, she landed blow after blow, but to no apparent effect, except that the vampire could get through. Then, suddenly, the lid flopped open and the hinges caught, creating a spark, which jumped to the vampire's eye. She gave a terrible shriek and went up in flames, disintegrating where she stood.

The actress collapsed at the head of the stairs in a dead faint, and after that people started to move again, taking care of what needed to be done.

After that there was a section where I was in the woods near my home, and Lucius Malfoy was walking along a path, using a silver branch as a cane (he'd lost his). He was speaking Arabic, because he needed to gain an alliance with the Eastern vampires and he was practicing.

Then, in celebration of the defeat of the vampire, I decided to get a Hebrew phrase tattooed on my leg. The phrase roughly translates to "Hashem protects those who serve Him, and His will is mine." I decided to have my brother do the tattooing because he's somewhat artistic and quite studious, so he'd know the significance of what he was doing. Turned out, though, that he really didn't know about tattooing. Half the quote covered my leg from knee to ankle and the other half was on the other leg, and it was upside down. He put the translation of each half on the back of my legs. I kind of blinked at it, thinking that this was not what I'd paid for, but then I shrugged - that's what knee-socks are for, I guess.

Here's a picture of the gold-faced vampiress after killing the man, if you're interested.

Asa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another long dream, and it's been nearly two months, so no double post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The coast of Cherek is attacked unexpectedly while the court is out on the lawn. The king is in trade negotiations with the elves and their representative, a half-elf. The queen is right outside the gates when she’s shot down by an arrow. The half-elf is the first to reach her side, and she tells him to guard her baby, the princess. He agrees, and the queen dies. The Chereks fight off the attack, but the king is distraught. Raising his daughter falls to the half-elf, who stays at court as her guardian. She grows up. The half-elf remains as her guardian, partly because he’s become part of the scenery, always in the background and only half seen. However, since the queen died when the princess was so young, some people don’t accept the princess. In her own kingdom she is beloved, but in others she is scorned or shunned.

The king takes her on a trip to another court, her first such visit, and she is excited and naïve. They encounter resistance to having the princess at court. She’s rumored to be a girl-bastard, or a foundling, or worse. Though there are some girls at court who can’t imagine anything worse, superficial as they are. The king forces through his daughter’s acceptance, but gives very close instructions to the half-elf to protect her. The princess and her guardian are really very close, and she doesn’t mind spending more time with him. At first she’s ostracized and avoided, and it is common to see her alone in a room or garden with the half-elf lurking in a corner or behind a tree to give her privacy. But then the other ladies at court suddenly begin accepting the princess and including her in their social life. They are very solicitous with her, but stop smiling when she wasn’t looking. The half-elf notices, but doesn’t say anything, because this is only normal court machinations. The king is absently aware of his daughter’s change in status, but is too busy to really do much. Again, the raising of the princess falls to the half-elf. Girls start noticing the half-elf, trying to draw him out, distract him, lead him away from the princess. He acquiesces a bit but not a lot, nor for long. The girls start going out in groups, taking the princess along without the half-elf. Nothing untoward happens and the half-elf relaxes again. But the girls can’t get the princess to forsake the half-elf, nor can they get the guardian to release his charge. They’re starting to get frustrated.

One day the guardian passes a door and sees the princess’s wallet lying open on the table. It’s usually in her room. He goes in to investigate. A while later, the king finally steals a moment to take his daughter for a picnic outside the walls. The lack of the half-elf isn’t really noticed, since the king is enough protection for his daughter. She has a lovely time, and her father gives her a watch which used to belong to her mother. It supposedly has a function to tell when the something immediately affecting the royal family is wrong. The princess examines it, and sees that one of the numbers is missing. The king examines it and jumps up in alarm. Something is seriously wrong, and it has major implications. They run back to the palace, and eventually find the room with the wallet still on the table. They see a door ajar which is usually closed, and go through. They’re caught in something though – the air is thicker, or time is slower in this room. The half-elf is across the room in a huge pool of blood, dead. Two ladies of the court are there as well, one observing in a corner and one performing some sort of ritual involving incantations and fire and smoke. But the smoke isn’t coming from the fire; it’s coming from the half-elf’s body and is flowing into the cauldron hung on a tripod over the flames. The princess screams and begins to cry, running over to fall beside the half-elf. He’s still alive! But only just. His form is withered and shriveled, and old. The spell the court lady – witch? – is performing is one of extended life, by taking someone else’s life-force and distilling it into an addictive potion. That was the smoke they saw, and the half-elf’s life-force was struggling against the witch. She practically had to shove the stuff into the cauldron with both hands and it writhed and roiled away from her control. The pair of them interrupted her spell.

The distilled potion becomes clear, and the smoke still in the air rushes back to the half-elf. He coughs weakly and begins to breathe again. The court lady collapses with the release of the spell, now she’s old and decrepit. The king explains about the potion, and the princess insists that the half-elf drink all of it – she doesn’t want him to die, and she’s weeping as she holds him. He begins to drink and with every swallow gets younger. After he’s drink most of it, he glances over at the witch, who’s as old as he was a minute ago. The princess firmly tells him no, she doesn’t deserve any of it. She’s the one who nearly killed him, and deserved no pity. She’s alive isn’t she? That’s enough. The half-elf finished drinking. He’s as young as he was when the queen died, and when he stands up it’s clear that he’s much, much taller. His ears are longer, his face more aquiline. Somehow, in drinking that potion, he turned from a half-elf to a full elf. The princess throws herself into his arms, crying for joy now, and the elf catches her. He’s so tall now that she has to jump in order for her arms to go around his shoulders. The king is grateful his daughter’s guardian is healthy and returned to his full heritage, but knowingly sees that they’re in love with each other and wisely leaves them alone.

In the days that follow the full story comes out. At first they wanted nothing to do with the princess. But then they realized she could power the spell, and began courting her favor to catch her off-guard. She relaxed, but the elf didn’t. So they started trying to get him to relax or get distracted, which didn’t work as well as they’d hoped. Now they knew why – he was in love with the princess, and had eyes only for her. The day he was killed he wasn’t actually supposed to be there at all. The wallet had been for a different scheme and the observer had been told to remove it before the elf saw it and discovered them. She had actually been the one supposed to power the spell, but when the elf came in the witch took advantage of the opportunity and used him instead. This triggered the protection spell on the princess’s watch. The king began to spend more time with the princess, but the elf was spending less time with her. With his full heritage revealed, there was a lot of paperwork and politicking to do, and the normally taciturn and withdrawn elf was accosted at every corner. Every chance he could he spent with the princess, publicly this time, and the wedding was set to be as soon as they got home. Whenever that was going to be.

The rest of the dream was pretty much a catalogue of what they did day by day. Very sweet and lovely, but boring to write about. The dream sort of trailed off anyway, no firm ending. Kinda like real life, hmm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: