FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Teh film thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly wasn't planning on seeing Avatar as it look way hyped but...Read a bunch of stuff about the creation of the film that has got me wanting to see th thing. It might be good. At the very least, the visuals are what Squee's hoping to look at.

Also...Dec 11. Everyone go see Princess and the Frog! DO IT! *spiraly eyes* You will go!
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR PatF~! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I never really added anything here (I don't think anyway) because I usually forget whatever movie I really like. But here I go...

Recently I've watched:
Where the Wild Things Are-This movie was neat. I almost couldn't tell if the monters were going to end up killing Maxwell by either eating him, crushing him, or smacking him with a dirt clod...otherwise, an enjoyable film. Reminded me of childhood.

Planet 51-I got to watch this free! but anyway, I couldn't really pick out much redeeming features of this one. The webcam robot thing reminded me too much of a misbehaved Wall-e, the whole story was kind of cliche, and the humor was pretty crude, one of my pet peeves in a kids movie. It should be clean and innocent I tell you, clean and innocent! Don't get me started on Cat in the Hat, if I did not like Mike Meyers before this movie, I dislliked him more after the movie!

New Moon- Uh...some flashy scenes. Couldn't say the same for the story. Like the first, I was waiting for something to happen, something climatic, which never did. Ok...ish. Fun to see with my cuz, but I think this is out of my age range (she's 13).

Fantastic Mr. Fox- I think I'll have to add this to my favorite movies list. Except, I keep wanting to call it Fantastical Mr. Fox instead...for some reason. The animation was appealing, the characters were charming (expect for the industrial farmers, ok well the people), the humour was my type of thing. I had my expectations lowered for this one because I really didn't know what to wexpect out of this movie, I didn't think the voice actors suited the characters...until I actually watched it. It was great. And funny.

I'm totally looking forward to Princess in the Frog. Please Disney, don't let me down!

I just...really like clean comedy and kids movies.

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
DarkwingPsycho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ALSO UBER-excited for PatF!! I recently bought the soundtrack and LOVE it!! The animation looks absolutely beautiful, and from the first 30 minutes I saw in September, this movie is going to be awesome!! Very Happy

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, right? ASA's posting in the film thread?

Well Asa went to see Avatar with her cousin, and I must say, the aspects for which it was supposed to be good were incredible. The review I read said that the CGI was good, and the story was eh.

Well, the CGI was incredible, and the story was awful. It was basically Pocahontas set forward by three thousand years, with the Englishmen played by all of humanity, and the Indians played by ten-foot tall cat-faced aliens. The details were intricately worked, but the overarching storyline suffered as a result. I think it was done an injustice by being only two and a half hours long. Seriously, it's a story worthy of a six DVD LotR-esque edition.

And the language! They made up a language for the natives to speak, and it's an OSV type with gender marking on the nouns. That's all I could work out in the short amount of time I heard it, but it would be SO COOL to actually figure that out. Squeeeeee!!! ^___________^

If you like the details in movies to be over the top and spectacular and don't mind ignoring the plot, then you'll like this movie. If you're the type of person who wants the plot to supercede, you might want to pass this movie up, because you'll be disappointed.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SAW PRINCESS AND THE FROG! I was soooooooooooooo glad I did!
we were one of two families in the theater. :/
Buuuuut! It was amazing! Gorgeous artwork and catchy musical numbers (composed by Randy Newman, of course!)! I really loved all of the characters. Well, the protagonists and supporting characters and the villan.
It was lovely, and this princess.....oh! Tiana was a~ma~zing~!
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: