FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Dreams for the future.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Nem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Dreams for the future. Reply with quote

So, where'd you want to get to in the world? Careers, aims, stuff you want to do with your life.... Making lots of lovely money? Becoming an outcast and walking the earth like Cain from Kungfu?

Tell us Charrrllliiieeee*. ^_^

*Chaarlliiiee, Charrlliieeee.
- Issa
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[wonders]Why Cain from Kungfu? Why not Cain from the Bible?[/wonders]

My plan is to graduate, get a graduate degree, move to Israel and teach English. Haven't thought much beyond that, as it entails enough troubles already. I'd like to do some editing, since I find that interesting and fun.

What I wish I could do, what I dream about, what I regret the absence of, is singing. Opera. Professional. I wish I could follow that dream, but it's not feasible at the moment. And anything less is just not satisfying. So I left that behind, and will continue on my current path. Maybe in the future I'll be able to follow my dream... but not now. And that's rather painful.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream is to be a professional author. I would spend my time between traveling to see places I could record in my novels, and taking pictures of all these things. Someday, eventually, I want to write a series that bridges several genres of writing...

Back in reality, I'll probably end up being a teacher. I think part of "growing up" is realizing that dreams are, in fact, just dreams. That sometimes we have to sacrifice them for a while to make them a reality. I know of more authors in their 40's than in their 20's, for example.

I also intend to purchase and restore a 1980's Pontiac Firebird. ^_^; Sort of an unusual car to love, but it is what it is.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helping people, and getting people to think and act a little differently. That's what I want to do with my life. I don't know if I can have any kind of meaningful impact on the world, but that's what I'd like.

On the personal level, I'd like to marry, raise a family, pursue my education further, become a teacher, and a few other common things. My crazy dreams include proving/disproving all sorts of mathematical/computer science theorems, or solving long-standing physics problems.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the crazier, less realistic things I'd like to do are as follows: become a professional writer, travel the world - including Antarctica, start and run an orphanage somewhere in the world (I'd most likely end up somewhere in Latin America), translate the Bible, get on a rocket ship and go into space, start a non-profit organization, reforming something or another, and writing music.

My more practical aspirations include writing on the side, getting published, getting a degree in English and Psychology, falling madly in love, getting married and having a lot of kids, seeing the northern lights, conquering my fear of heights so I can one day attempt hang-gliding, picking flute back up and actually practicing so that I can join the worship band at my church, visiting Israel, seeing as much of the world as possible, and living as full a life as I possibly can.
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be a mommy.
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Miho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.
Oh dreams.

Here they are. Some much more serious than others, but all of them I want to do very badly and I will before I die. Yup.

I want go down to the salt lake area sometime and get lost on the bus system down there for a day.

I want to ride on a train. A real one.

I want to learn to fly a plane.

I want to sky dive.

I want to hand glide.

I want to get one of those squirrel suits and try that out.

I want to learn to swim properly.

I want to publish a book of poetry.

I want to write a song with my guitar.

I want to spend an entire day in a book store.

I want paint on a giant canvas that in the end, I rival the canvas for paint.

I want to temple hop one day and hit as many temples as I can in one day.

I want to someday, far in the future, have me a family, mainly so I can torture my children and make them wear hideously cute things.

I want to learn as many languages as I can. Working on learning Japanese right now and when my roommate comes back from China we're gonna continue with the Swedish.

I want to act in a movie, just a small part though. An extra, or have a really cool name in the credits as "Cashier."

I want to go sledding down old main hill in my laundry basket.

I want to go ice blocking.

I want to cliff jump.

I want to learn to rock climb and to mountain bike and to white water raft.

I want to serve a mission.

I want to design my own clothes and have my mother teach me to sew so I can put it all together.

I want to be as good of a cook as my mother.

I want to have her strength. That lady has been through a ton and she still continues on. Seriously, she could take the cake for a crappy life and she still manages to make the best of it. Hero? Yes.

I want to design my own house. I did actually in jr. high in a drafting class. Took first place in three classes for my design. I love drafting and designing buildings.

I want to meet Stan Lee.

I want to go back to Mexico and haggle.

I want to buy a better car and do a road trip.

I want to roadtrip on a motorcycle.

I want to perform surgery. Heart surgery. Talk about a rush.

I want to live on a roof for a few days. I lasted only a day last summer on my roof. It got too hot.

I want to walk across the U.S. Maybe hitchhike some of the way, but for the most part, I wanna walk it.

I also want to finish building the tree house me and my brothers started building in my willow tree.

I want a song written about me... and not the cheese song my roommate and I wrote last year, or the other song we oh so cleverly titled, "boys suck."

And one of my number one biggest dreams is to drive and MAYBE own an Aston Martin Vanquish.
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot of stuff! I would never remember that much if I tried.

My goal is to finish school, find a job and get my own house (or apartment).

A smaller but something I've been dreaming for a while is to actually make a comic. Buuuuut....it's never happened yet. Well not a series anyway.

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to be a published author, I'd really like to make a career of it, but if that doesn't pan out I want to get a degree in Classical Studies and I'd like to do something Classics related, identifying pottery and sculpture or something along those lines.

Amongst other things I'd also like to:

Scuba dive with sharks, dolphins and whales in the wild (not all at the same time.)

Go to Egypt.

Finally get over that pesky fear of public speaking.

A few people have said they'd like to have families, I'm not sure about that, maybe one day.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all you aspiring authors can send your stories to me for editing! ^_____^

Things I look forward to in my life, that I anticipate occuring rather than dreaming about, are moving to Israel, meeting my soulmate, building a family, welcoming my existing family to Israel with me.

Small things, but I can be satisfied that I know they'll happen, and I'll accomplish what I set out to do.

Another thing I yearn for with my whole being is to see the third Temple in Jerusalem.

I tend not to have too many whimsical dreams, since its rather painful when they don't happen.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more chronological order than priority.

I want to be a professional singer. Musical preferred, followed quickly by (tying) opera and plain singing, as in making albums.
That's the one I'm the most focused on at the moment, with regular choir, two honor choirs, private voice lessons, and working in my spare time.

After that, I'd like to be sure I always have enough money to live. (This is second only because I am not yet living on my own.) Not necessarily comfortably, but not homeless and not hungry. *mind skips to Gone With the Wind for a moment*

I want someone whom I can always trust to be there for me when I need it. Soulmate, a truly close best friend, I'm not sure, but I want at least one person like that.

I'd like to get over my paranoia of someone stealing my ideas and then me getting accused of copying so that I can post some of my writing online.

And, on a slightly less serious note, I want to own a turtle or tortoise. I think they're cute. For those of you about to ask (because there's always one), Why do you think [puppies/kittens/baby penguins/etc. delete appropriate] are cute?

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be strong enough to stop the wrong I see. (There is a lot and I am not)
I want to be Gods man whatever that may be.
I want to inspire, like those who inspired me.

I will be mediocre and none of these, but I will always dream of what I want to be.

(Iím pretty pessimistic tonight perhaps it will clear by tomorrow.)

My biggest pipe dream is to circumnavigate every continent except Antarctica by bicycle.

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Spellingmistax = mistax = ax = anthrax
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Anthrax: Popping in to say that the first is inspirational, and the last is awesome.

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
daydreamer_girl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to be someone I can be proud of. Instill some features of myelf that I see in other people I admire. Selflessness, fearlessness, standing up in what I believe in, getting stuff on my to do list done! Also I want to be more truthful. I want there to be a day when I have nothing to hide about myself. Well, technically not nothing, well nothing I'd be ashamed of admitting. Maybe an example: "Did you finish your homework today?" "Yes mom! Eight pages!" And I'd mean it.

And I think I'll start from where I'm at. Which is...procrastinating on homework, yet again! I need more drive to do it.

dubbed "Emma" by Asa
Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wren wrote:
And, on a slightly less serious note, I want to own a turtle or tortoise. I think they're cute. For those of you about to ask (because there's always one), Why do you think [puppies/kittens/baby penguins/etc. delete appropriate] are cute?

Thinking is not involved. You simply see a turtle, or a bat, or a skink, and all your higher functions shut down in favour of squee.

As to the future... we don't know. Never have known. We're much more live-in-the-moment. The question "where do you see yourself in five years?" is a major obstable in interviews... and if we predict based off past behaviour, then sooner or later we're going to say or do something incredibly stupid and then boom. But somehow "a shallow grave" isn't the answer the interviewers actually want to hear...

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: