FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Anime/Manga thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excel saga is hilarious,but I could only read so much of it (haven't seent he anime yet. . .)

and on friday I was introduced to the first four episodes of Ergo Proxy, and was immediately hooked. According to my friends, the ending stinks and is supposedly very predictable, but I remain oblivious to whatever it was I was supposed to have picked up on. It was really neat I though, all dark and creepy. . .
Dark Mirf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont watch much anime or read lots of mangas... I'm not exactly nuts about it, but I enjoy it.

The lsat anime I saw was a series named 'Fate Stay Night'. Its like an adaption of Authur and the Knights of the Round Table and Dungeon & Dragon game in a strange way. Enjoyable to watch. Very Happy

Hmm... Then there's Inuyasha. I dont know how in the hell my friends got me dressed as Inuyasha for a con. It was my first taste of insane, crazy anime fans trying to give the glomps-of-thousand-deaths one time too many. >_> Never again. (although I was jealous of Shessy, he was more popular.)

I really, really love Aoi House. Has anyone heard of it? Its HILARIOUS!
unimportant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Aoi House is published through Seven Seas isn't it?
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Mirf wrote:

The lsat anime I saw was a series named 'Fate Stay Night'. Its like an adaption of Authur and the Knights of the Round Table and Dungeon & Dragon game in a strange way. Enjoyable to watch. Very Happy

Hmm... Then there's Inuyasha. I dont know how in the hell my friends got me dressed as Inuyasha for a con. It was my first taste of insane, crazy anime fans trying to give the glomps-of-thousand-deaths one time too many. >_> Never again. (although I was jealous of Shessy, he was more popular.)

Fate/Stay Night isbased off of a hentai video game. =o
but it's still really good.

You went as Inuyasha!? Haha, maaan - that must have been crazy. And of course fluffy's more popular - everyone knows this.

Aoi house is seven seas. . .I've heard of it but not read it.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanon (2006 anime, not the original anime) is based of a hentai video game too, but the anime is clean, and a very good anime. Key got in enough pressure of the releases of theirs that they now do exclusively non-adult games, and even released non-adult versions of their older games. Some of that pressure came from successful adaptations into non-adult anime, like Air & Kanon. Smile Just pointing out that Fate/Stay Night is the same way...the anime is clean. If really weird Razz
Grimwatch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just feel the need to point out that the phrase "really weird' in an Anime thread is somewhat redundant Razz .

To my shame, I have spent the last 2 days working through Kim Possible S1. I need an infusion of non-disney, stat!

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
Dark Mirf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is published by Seven Sea. You can find and read some of Aoi House at the site. http://www.gomanga.com/index.php Smile

Quote:
Fate/Stay Night isbased off of a hentai video game. =o
but it's still really good.

O_o ... Somehow I'm not suprised.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's entirely believable I know.

I didn't know Kanon was based off of a hentai game though. . .O_o;;

though now that I'm thinking about it, that doesn't surprise me terribly either *has only seen the first episode*
Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See more Tinu. It's worth it!

Also, there's no shame in watching Kim Possible. One of Disney's better modern animations. Of course, Avatar is still better (and Nick's only good show like...ever), but Kim Possible is definitely up there in the running of good American traditional animation Smile
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like Kim Possible, gone off it now though, but I still love Avatar.

And one anime I cannot stand is Genshiken, I hate that show with a fiery passion *grumble, always gets voted in at the anime society every week, grumble*
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avatar is made of WIN. It's been keeping going this year, since I finished Blood+ and Full Metal Alchemist. I'm seriously considering starting a thread for it alone.

As for Genshiken... Is that the one that's about an anime club in a Japanese university? O_o I remember watching an episode before, and I found it kind of boring really.

I am currently disappointed in Tsutaya's lack of Evangelion: You Are Not Alone for rental >< Especially since it got released for rental LAST WEEK. I am seriously considering forking out 6000Yen for this special super-duper edition at this point, though I have to say, it better be super freakin' duper if they want to charge 6000 Yen for it... _ I can buy a series of House for cheaper.
Lady Calie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenna wrote:

As for Genshiken... Is that the one that's about an anime club in a Japanese university? O_o I remember watching an episode before, and I found it kind of boring really.

I am currently disappointed in Tsutaya's lack of Evangelion: You Are Not Alone for rental >< Especially since it got released for rental LAST WEEK. I am seriously considering forking out 6000Yen for this special super-duper edition at this point, though I have to say, it better be super freakin' duper if they want to charge 6000 Yen for it... _ I can buy a series of House for cheaper.

yes it is. We watched it in anime club but i stoped going after awhile due to homework and lack of good shows ^^;;
o.o to the Evangelion I didn't know about that Surprised
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**SPOILER WARNING** ((Spoiler hidden in the code))

As to Evangelion - Last September a new Evangelion film was released in Japan called "Evangelion 01: You Are Not Alone". The first film is supposed to comprise a souped-up retelling of the first six episodes of the television series. There is going to be four films in total, and the first film is apparently supposed to have gone on sale? I could have gotten the dates wrong. ><

I think they're going to do a re-telling of the television series/ previous film ending, which they technically did with Death & Rebirth, and then Air/My Pure Heart For You. Some might call it petty cashing-in, but from the looks of things I think they've definitely improved the animation quality, and there looks to be some drastic changes to the story ieI think Kawrou appears much earlier in this version, so definitely there's a difference in how we find out about who the Angels are and their purpose, and Misato basically takes Shinji to Lilith in the first film, from what I've seen in the shop ads, implying she knows much more this time around as well.

If I can get a hold of a rental copy, then I'll write up a review if you like. ^^
Tomato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could remember what anime looked like ;-;

It's been yeeeearrrs.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any real anime in a while, similarly to Lady Caeli I've sort of stopped going to my anime society because the stuff we watch isn't very good.

That and heroes has just started and it's on at the same time the society meets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: