FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Dream Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having nightmares lately in which I'm forced to move back to Texas and die there.
Tyris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immediately, or after some years of living there?

...and which would be worse? Wink

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both, and I can't decide.
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Man, Don't mess with Texas!
It's an awesome state!

albeit kinda boring..... >Very Happy
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, I'd really rather not mess with Texas, ever again. They can have it.
Miho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, Texas sounds good to me right now. It's getting cold here now and I want my heat back, but just not too much of it.

As of late I keep having dreams in sitcom form. Such as I'll be getting into my dream and then we have opening credits and then of course we fade to black and go to commercial and all that jazz. There's even credits. I need to stop watching so much Buffy... I think it's getting to me.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a dream set in Oz. Dorothy was walking to the Gilliken Country to see Glinda, and encountered a pair of werewolves who were refugees she had previously evicted from their ancestral home in the lands surrounding the Emerald City.

They appealed to her innate sense of decency for a place to live, and so she wound up settling them in the northern highlands of the Munchkin Country, on the condition that their puppies not be allowed out of the village before they'd 1) learned to control their form, and 2) been house-broken.

Yeah, I read WAAAAAY too many Oz books when I was a kid. I don't remember any of them involving werewolves, though.
ichigoli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. That is an involved dream.

I had a weird dream the other night. I was in a tugboat bar. No not a bar on a tugboat, a bar for tugboats. Tiny, grizzled old sea-dog boats. all of them sitting there drinking their liquor and griping about the fishing. It was odd.

and then last night i had an epic dream. Basically there is a tiny tiny parasite that burrowed into the back of your neck or into your ear and began to re-arrange your DNA piece by piece so you started to devolve into different animals. The parasites basically slowly began to control your body and convince you that you want to fight this 'thing' (i have no idea what it was but the ran around in big mecha suits...) using your new animal powers.
At first it would be super cool! you could breath underwater or see forever etc. But then you begin to look different. The powers keep getting better but you slowly can't be seen by the normal people and have to run away. Then at mid-form the parasite directs you to fight. You fight until you either die, somehow loose the parasite, you devolve completely or until the 'thing' is beaten. I remember one segment very vividly where two manatee-people were throwing razor discs into the mecha suit's gears and blowing them up in this murky underwater laser battle.

I'm told this sounds a lot like the animorph series (which i never read but i know a bit of it) except the affected can't change back to people. they get one animal and they slowly sink into it until eventually they are completely animals and the parasite leaves them stuck as their animal. The parasites take smart animals and turn them into people too but the people usually wind up in a mental institute for claiming that they used to be a dolphin but turned into a human so they could fight the 'thing' in the robot suit.

I think I'll turn it into a book once i figure a few things out.
Tell me if this sounds familiar but I can't honestly think of what it could be from...
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed that there was this really good-looking guy, kind, smart, in business. There was a girl chasing him when I met him, which was find, because I wasn't interested. I because good friends with the girl, and we hung out a lot. But after a while I realized I was interested, and that now we were in competition. Which was totally not cool, because I didn't want to compete with my friend. Except that I really liked the guy. And then I learned that his secretary, who was tall and beautiful and smart, was also interested in this guy.

At that point I gave up, because my friend was more fun-loving than me, and the secretary was more intelligent than me. So one night I called the secretary and asked her to meet me in the street, where I bought a pair of peridot stud earrings. I gave these to the secretary to give to the guy, because they matched his eyes, and they would make a good present. I figured if she gave them to him, he'd be more interested in her than me, and I could bow out of the competition quietly.

Later that evening I went to see my friend and mope, on the roof of her house (it was a flat roof, with a ledge around the rim). Unbeknownst to me, the secretary and my friend had gotten together and the secretary had pulled the same trick with the earrings - gave them to my friend to give to the guy, so that she could take a step forward. My friend gave them to the guy, telling him that the secretary had given them to her. The secretary revealed that I had bought them in the first place, and why. I didn't know any of this. So when the guy showed up on the rooftop with secretary in tow, wearing the earrings, I thought they were going to announce their engagement. But my friend started blushing, and I was just totally lost. I was depressed because I really did love the guy, but I knew i wasn't as good as the other two. The guy came forward, leaving his secretary by the stairs, and the earring glinted. He said, "I really liked the earring [my friend] gave me... which is why I choose you." You being me. Eeeehhhh?!? I was in shock, but extremely happy, and the other two were depressed and resigned.

The guy and I walked away together, leaving my friend behind. After a few days I came down out of the clouds, and comforted her, but still... what? I've never had a dream like this before.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed of a colony on the moon. The people living there had hard lives. At times, the moon dwellers would become weary of the grind of daily life, and when that happened they had an unusual solution.

Not long after establishing their colony, the moon dwellers had discovered an alien species living in tunnels below the moon's surface. These aliens looked like black snakes, and no one had ever managed to communicate with them. But they were very helpful for treating moon malaise. The affected moon dweller would take off all his or her clothing and climb down into a pit of the aliens, who would gently but firmly wrap themselves around the person until he/she was fully encased. Then one of the aliens would bite the person, whereupon he/she would slip into a coma and stop aging.

While in the coma, the person would relive his/her entire life, but from a third-person perspective so as to see their personal history more clearly. This process typically took five years, after which the aliens would unwrap themselves, and the moon dweller would awaken and return to the colony rested and better adjusted than before.

I dreamed I was one of the moon dwellers who did this; but I discovered the drawback: I remember weeping for the death of a friend who died while I was in the alien coma, and who was years dead when I emerged.

And then I woke up.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. That's a painful end.

I dreamed about a cathedral near my campus. Ironic, but true. There was a laser/fireworks show, and by every door were stationary sparklers shooting sparks six feet in the air. But we needed to get inside for a meeting. So one man crept close and knocked over one of the sparking stands, clearing a doorway. Except it was locked. So he called over his brother, who picked the lock. The door opened and all the kids streamed through, since the inside was like a recreation of a palace, right down to the contents of the drawers. Since there were no curators (the place was supposed to be closed, after all), people started looting everything they could find. One girl with a plastic bead bracelet swapped it out for one with real pearls. I ended up with a flimsy hair-comb, which looked fake anyway. Ah well, it wasn't too important either way.

Except that several months later, the head of the community called me over and said that the hair comb was actually an ancient artifact of some power, and I wasn't allowed to keep it anymore. In fact, for taking it out of the cathedral in the first place, I was to be punished and sent to the matriarch. I was quite angry, and my head started prickling. my hair got staticky, and when I touched the comb it gave me a shock. Looked like the power had awoken. The matriarch was like my grandmother, and was actually quite kind. We got along really well in the ensuing weeks, and when she took ill and died, she left me a note with her will, which left everything I could find to me. This included a box of pictures and mementos. The pictures were backed with scraps from a quilt, which, when we could put them together, would give us clues to her past.

One incident we uncovered was that this wasn't the first time the cathedral had been opened. The matriarch had also taken the hair comb, and when she was about to leave the community for training, her friend tried to stop her. The friend was sickly, and clingy, and used this to her advantage, trying to make the matriarch stay. In the end, the girl collapsed, fell face-down in the creek, and drowned. The matriarch left, and didn't come back until many years later, when the incident was forgotten.

Then my dog's yelling finally dragged me out of sleep, and I woke up.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's dream was a wild adventure!

At first it started in the bedroom of the house I grew up in. Except, like many dreams, the size of this room changed depending on what was going on within it. I lived there for a while, then had to leave for something. When I came back, the room was a mess. Not only that, but there were two tigers in the room. Neither of them had been fed in a long time, and the male looked close to death.

I immediately called animal rescue, who sent a nice woman with a strange machine. She hooked up the machine to both tigers, and it rejuvenated them slowly. We almost lost the male tiger twice, though. The entire time, I was cradling them and holding them, keeping them warm. It was close, but eventually we managed to bring them both around. Then they grew QUICKLY, or my dream skipped ahead a bit.

Next we were in the old lady's shop, and I was helping her with it. She agreed that since I had stayed to help the tigers and nurse them back to health, that I probably wasn't the one who had hurt them in the first place. They grew pretty quickly, and soon were knocking me over as we romped and played. We would get the occasional customer, nothing too important.

Then a man came in with a crazy look in his eyes. He smiled at the lady, and said he would like to have all the money in the store. She politely declined, then he told her that he had locked the tigers in the cellar just like he did in that bedroom. I was standing close to him, sweeping the lobby, so when he reached into his pocket to pull out the gun I was on top of him in an instant.

Grappling has never been my strong suit. I just haven't had the training, really. So I grabbed his wrists as best I could, and used my weight to pin him to the ground, much like when I would wrestle in the yard as a boy. I yelled for her to call the police while I held him down, but they never arrived (despite seeing several police cars drive BY).

Then she came over and threw me off of him. She helped him up, and gave him a great big hug. Apparently he was her nephew, and she was going to forgive him and all that. In frustration, I left for some restaurant nearby. There, I had to convince the chef to make me a meal without any meat in it. After a brief conversation about how to do this, I thanked the man and the staff. Two waitresses caught me by the door, and we talked for a bit about food service (which I've worked).

Eventually I realized that I had been gone a long time, so I bid them good evening and jogged back to the shop. Now it was closed, and the "closed" sign was faded from being posted up for so long. I used my key to get into the basement, and even the two tigers were gone. Instead I found a football uniform.. So why not, I put it on and went back outside.

Newly installed next to the shop was a football field, and my uniform matched the uniforms of one of the three teams playing. I joined them on the field, but the game was nothing like real football. It was a strange mix of volleyball and basketball, I would say. Our uniforms were black, there were also white and bright green. We won the game by one point, off of a ball that went the entire width of the field, was hit back into play at the edge, and then I managed to catch it and land in the end zone. O_o

We headed back to the basement lockers, and stepping inside I was greeted again by the robber nephew. He had his gun out already, leveled straight at my stomach. He smiled, waved a small goodbye, and then fired.

I woke up on the back of a boat traveling at full speed. Forests rose along either side of us, and the water was a murky green. The sky was overcast, but the water was frigid as it stung my face. My father was at the helm of the boat, his head kept down below the edge of the steering console. I was about to ask why, when a salvo of bullets slammed into the front of the boat. I, too, ducked my head down.

We passed another boat, which sprayed the side of ours with bullets. He kicked a rifle over to me, and I took up position just over the nose of our vessel. This time I fired into the rear of the boat ahead of us, the one that had been firing on us. Black smoke billowed out from it's engine, which sputtered and died. We blew past them in an instant, and continued down the river.

It was then that he told me what we were doing. We were chasing someone who had stolen a relic with some amazing power. We managed to catch sight of the boat with the relic on board, and were gaining ground on it. It led us on a chase over sand dunes between waterways, eventually reaching the end of the river. The water fed into a waterfall, which wrapped around both sides of the river with dry, if vertical, cliffs to either side of the waterfall.

The boat rammed into the shore, inches from the cliff to the left of the waterfall. We were right behind it, and so I used my rifle to keep them cowered in the boat. They raised up the relic to use it, but I shot into the hull of the boat, and they dropped the relic into the boat. There was a flash of light from within, and then all was silent.

We pulled up to the shore, and inside the boat was a baby lizard... and the relic, still steaming lightly. It was a black shaft with a bright, large red ruby on top. Gold or brass encased the ruby, and a thin silver thread wound it's way down the length of the black shaft. The silver thread curled into an ornate handle with a bulldog's head on the bottom.

The sound of boats came up from behind us, around a bend. We knew we couldn't make it over the waterfall in our boat, so we took to the cliff. I grabbed the relic and some grappling hook cables, my father took just some cables and hooks. We used the hooks to grab onto trees between the trunk and thick branches, and worked our way down slowly.

...and then one of the people chasing us drove their boat over the edge. It smashed into the trees above us, suspended in branches and tree trunks. Green algae and water dropped off it's hull, raining down on us. It was a moment of sheer terror, with a definite helping of "wild turkey farm, mate?"

We became much less cautious in our decent, but they were after me. My father split in another direction, promising to come back to help as soon as he could. I led the people after us in the other direction. The cliff overlooked a larger river, which the waterfall fed into. There was a long beach leading to a channel where a huge cruise liner/cargo ship was sailing. It had long ladders to either side, where lines of people were swimming up to and climbing aboard.

I jumped through the line, splashing and swimming forward as best I could with one arm still clutching the relic. There were men behind me with machine guns and automatic rifles, peppering the water with bullets. This did not seem to phase the passengers in the least. I kept running for the boat, until I saw that there were men lining up along the rails with rifles of their own. It was then I realized that I was going to end up a prisoner of one force or the other... so I played dead.

I twisted in place, dropping into the water. The wake of the boat drew me toward the hull, and I watched as flowers or orange and yellow flashed above and around me. The two rivals were fighting over the kill, and bullets would sometimes find their way near me. As I neared the end of the large vessel, the deep reverberation of the boat's propeller seemed to shake the entire world I was encased in. It grew, and it grew until the sounds of shouting and gunfire faded away. It grew until the heart pounding in my chest and the lungs screaming for air were distant memories. It grew until even the bones in my body rattled and shook from it's strength.

I found the hull, rusted and bumpy, with my legs. I settled my feet onto it's side, and I pushed for all I was worth. Water shot all around me, and the shaking rumble seemed to suck me back toward it. I pushed through the water, using my arms to keep swimming away from it's force. Then, quite suddenly, the world grew quieter again. I was bobbing toward the surface, and light replaced the darkness I had never noticed consume me.

I came up for air, gasping and filling my lungs as the stars faded into the overcast sky. Soon I spotted a boat approaching me at high speed. It had two sleek, narrow sections of hull extending into the water, and a platform just above the water which connected them. The wheel and controls sat in about the middle of the boat, which was lowered to allow seating. Twin engines sat at the rear. At that point I was too exhausted to care, and so simply reached out my hand with the relic in it. If they wanted it so badly, they could HAVE it.

As the boat swung by, the engine died and a figure reached out the side. I closed my eyes, settling my legs into place and preparing to float or sink, as the water would have me.

Instead, strong hand wrapped around my entire arm and pulled me toward the boat. "CLIMB!" came the familiar yell. I opened my eyes, and there was my father. I did as he asked, climbing with numb arms and tired legs into the hollowed section of one of the longer hull sections. I lay there, breathing heavily as he settled back into his chair behind the wheel.

We sped away, arcing around the front of the cruise liner before the men with their automatic rifles could draw a bead on us. I lay in the bottom of the boat, watching the large ship fade into the background... when a single white flash illuminated the entire top of the ship. I knew what it was: a high caliber, long-range rifle round. Grabbing the relic in my hand, I dove out behind my father. The red gem of the relic glowed, and the silver began to burn my hand. Somehow I saw the bullet screaming through the air, twisting so fast it threw off tiny contrails from it's sides.

I realized that somehow, time had stopped completely. The water was still behind the boat, frozen in a spray from the twin engines into the murky green behind it. The bullet, roughly the size of my thumb, hung in mid-air with thin white lines criss-crossing behind it. I looked to my father, focused and intent on the water ahead of us. Then I grabbed the relic in one hand, and his shoulders in the other. It took a great deal of force, but I brought his body down to the deck with me.

I breathed in air that had never tasted so stale. The world came alive again in a roar, the engines and water arguing half a foot from my ears. I heard the bullet impact the steering tower milliseconds before I heard the cataclysmic "BANG". My father remained dazed, confused at his sudden movement from one place to another. I stood, grabbing the wheel and twisting the boat around a corner. Out of sight of the larger vessel, and into open waters.

Then, I woke up.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dream was EPIC. ^_^
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^; Er, thank you?

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream like that a while ago, except everything was much faster.

A person was pointing a crossbow at me, I woke up, a person was pointing a gun at me, I woke up, a person was getting ready to stab me, I woke up, and then a person was pointing a crossbow [distinct from the previous] at me and a friend pushed him away and yelled "Run!" We ran for a little while, and then I actually woke up.

Now, reason I actually decided to post here. :sweatdrop:

I had a dream last night that I was at camp, or something similar. I have a sort-of recurring dream about this place, in that I keep coming back. There was a huge prank day the next morning, and a friend and I were chatting in my shared living room area about the pranks s/he (can't remember) was going to pull. After a little while, I came up with one that included water bottles, somehow. It was meant to get people wet, but I am not entirely sure how. When I went over to the sink to fill the water bottles, I found the turtle charm that went to my necklace (it is similar to one I have in this world, not quite the same). I put the filled water bottles by the sink, picked up the charm to put it somewhere safe, and then my alarm clock went off.

Does anyone else have these dreams where it's a story and time may or may not pass when you're not there, but you've still been there if it has? And does anyone else ever wonder, which is the real one? When I'm in one of those worlds, the memories of this world seem like dreams...

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: