FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters Phoenix Edition - Chapter 2: Blood Work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's not like I could have stayed away. Somebody needed to bring you a bunch of grapes.... Except that in the rush to get here, I seem to have forgotten them." Dia grinned self-deprecatingly. He was concerned to see Ben this lacklustre. "What's on your mind, pal?"
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
Dawson looked up as Jaze entered the meeting room, offering a thin smile that looked rather practiced. He gave a small wave, then decided to sneak over as quietly as he could. Moving with as much speed and agility he could muster, he kicked the legs of a few chairs lightly on his way over. Finally reaching his destination, he settled into place near Jaze's seat.

"Hey there, I'm Dawson," he said while extending his hand and holding the smile in place. "I was with the extraction team, but in the chaos I didn't really get a chance to get to know anyone."

Overall he seemed nervous, bookish without a lot of confidence. He had keen, rarely blinking eyes that seemed to focus with an almost fierce clarity. The dark circles hanging under them, when combined with the lack of color in his cheeks, didn't do much for the rest of his face.

"Hi! I'm Jaze," he said, taking Dawson's hand and shaking it. Jaze gave a genuine smile. "You look familiar; I must have seen you at the tail end of the mission. I was with the other team, getting rid of Williams."

The other man had an off-setting appearance that took a moment to really sink in; his eyes sat almost unblinking, but had dark circles under them. They seemed to bore into both Dawson and Jaze's skulls. A chill crept up Jaze's spine, but there was no outward appearance of discomfort.

"So did you get to know Roland on your way in?" Jaze asked.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaze wrote:
"Hi! I'm Jaze," he said, taking Dawson's hand and shaking it. Jaze gave a genuine smile. "You look familiar; I must have seen you at the tail end of the mission. I was with the other team, getting rid of Williams."

Dawson smiled and shook Jaze's hand, relief finally overwhelming tension he hadn't known he had. It was nice to have the simple gestures, the normalcy of the real world... in a secret base, preparing reconnaissance, or a raid, or a rescue mission, or whatever this one would be. Still, here he was, and he would make this his lot in life. His smile grew more confident with his thoughts.

"Yes, I was with the medical team on the truck. We probably only briefly bumped into each other, it was rather chaotic. It's good to meet you in a calmer setting."

Jaze wrote:
"So did you get to know Roland on your way in?" Jaze asked.

Dawson's nose wrinkled, his eyes squinting slightly as he searched his brows for some sort of memory. The seconds ticked down, his raised brows gaining distance from his wrinkled nose with each one. Finally, his face relaxed. He shook his head with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten who Roland is. Was he with your team?" he asked, hopeful placing the face to the name would jog his memory.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate (ne Ravenna) wrote:

Nate gave Dean a good glarin' before he turned his attention to Niamh's question. He shrugged manfully, or at least as much as he could while clutching one hand with an old tea towel.

"Being weapons guy and all, I was working with some delicate equipment. Which pretty boy over there knows is some very sharp stuff, and I'm never to be surprised under any circumstances," He grumbled.

Niamh winced at Nate's description of what happened. "Ach, I understand completely, being into weapons myself, mostly modifying, I've had a few 'accidents' myself though none quite as big as that one."

Nate (ne Ravenna) wrote:
"Sorry does not polish highly illegal antique blades, Dean," Nate grumbled, before turning back to Team Alpha. "So what have you guys been doing anyway? We ain't seen ya in ages, stuff been rough back on the farm or summin?"

Niamh, shrugged at his next question, "We've mostly been in recovery mode. Alot of our team were hit pretty hard in the last assault. But i'm guessing this meeting will put an end to that restive period."

Niamh nodded to Nate and Dean and headed into the meeting room. Settling herself in a chair next to the new guy who was sitting next to Jaze.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: