FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

D&D online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Miho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow... double posting... boy do I feel super duper special...

I've got a ranger...I started playing some this morning and whoa... I'm still trying to get used to the controls... Talk about a new experience... I think I'm gonna require some more play time before I can get them down... hmm.. I wonder if it would make a difference it I attached my mouse to my laptop... since I just had this epiphany, I'm gonna go try it out now.
*woosh*
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went all Clericy. The name I gave the poor sod is DrBand Aid I am currently messing about in Thelanis. I am at level two and can stop there or continue grinding as necessary. I do not know how to cast healing on others. *is shamed*

Thanks for the link Miho twas funny.

I was just looking at times
Tinalles and Miho are on the same time zone (I think) and Fridays are best for them at about ten. That means it will be 5am on a Saturday morning for me and when Tenshi gets around to getting his monitor it will be about midnight for him. Can we change it to 11 for tin and miho, since I will not be going back to bed I could do with an extra hour sleep.

Tin + Miho = Friday 11 (ish)
Tenshi = Fiday/Saturday 1am (ish)
Anthrax = Saturday moring 6 (ish)

No else has given preferred start times so we can run with this yes/no?

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Spellingmistax = mistax = ax = anthrax
Tyris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which time zone are your preferences measured from?

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Miho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soo... i'm just gonna give you folks my times for this week cause... I don't really wanna figure out time zone junk.
Tomorrow I can go anytime before 3pm and after 9:30ish pm.
Thursday: anytime before 6 pm... and after 10ish pm.
Friday: anytime before 1 pm and... well after 9:30ish..or 10ish..pm

and currently I am wandering around, still getting used to things. DOes anyone know if there's an easier way to swtich from your secondary to your primary weapons other than going thorugh inventory. I mean, there's gotta be faster way.

Oh and my darling little ranger's name is GospelStitch. Yup. Stole it from the name of a poem.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually played until my character was level 2, to get familiar with how things work. Having a mouse is vital.

And I multi-classed. So my character -- Tinalles di Solustir -- is now a level 1 Rogue and level 1 Ranger. I figure I'll continue with Ranger from here on out, and just burn skill points like crazy to keep up the lock-picking/trap-disarming skills. I figure I can maintain Open Lock, Disarm Device, Hide, Move Silently, Search, and Spot at maximum levels while getting the Ranger combat skills.

Yes, Miho and I are in the same time zone.

Here's a chart matching up times in Mountain time, Eastern time, and Dublin (GMT) next Friday.

And Tyris, what time zone are you in?
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post'd!

Miho wrote:
Does anyone know if there's an easier way to switch from your secondary to your primary weapons other than going through inventory. I mean, there's gotta be faster way.

1) Open your inventory (press I).

2) Below the main inventory area, you'll see a series of green boxes. These are for storing weapon sets.

3) Drag your primary weapon to the first green box. If you have a shield, or if you're fighting with a weapon in each hand, you can drag the second one to the same box. For example, maybe you have a rapier and a buckler - drag them both to the first green box.

4) At the very bottom of the screen, you'll see a row of quick actions. Drag the completed weapon set from the green box down to one of those. If you want to you can replace the existing actions.

5) Pressing the corresponding number will equip the specified weapon set. So, for example, if you have your rapier/buckler assigned to the seventh slot, pressing 7 on the numbers above the letter keys will cause your character to equip that set of weapons.

Repeat with your secondary weapon, obviously using a different weapon-set box and quick-action slot.

Note that you're not limited to ten quick action slots. You have ten SETS of ten quick action slots. If you press CONTROL + 2, the quick action bar will switch to your second set. CONTROL + 3 takes you to the third set. And so on.

Since my character does a lot of sneaking about for reconnaisance, I have "Stealth Mode" as my first quick action, followed by three weapon sets (bow/arrow, rapier 1, rapier 2), then the Search action (for finding traps and hidden doors). I also put healing potions at slot 0 so I can drink one in a hurry if needed.
Tyris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinalles wrote:
And Tyris, what time zone are you in?

GMT (technically it's +1, 'cos it's summer time, but you're on summer time too, so... yeah).

We're best off with a slot on Saturday between 9AM and 4PM GMT, for bandwidth-related reasons.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
DarkwingPsycho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be able to get on consistently, but would love to play...

Maybe I'll try downloading it on my days off this week and see how I like it. May have some free time this Friday night. I'm also in MST...

Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Fridays, I may not get home until 3AM my time. Two hours later than that. I'll jump in with you guys if you're still up, though..

Still don't have a monitor. Just for future reference. Don't plan around my schedule, I have a really awkward schedule to conform to. ^_^;

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Tenshi is so l33t, he can play without a monitor. Zen video games. ~_~
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how I wish I had time.
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thespaceinvader: Ask your self this, do I really need an entire nights sleep? and remember sleep is for the week. Very Happy

We are all humbled by Tenshi's Leetness:-p

Are we going at 9am Saturday GMT, 2am Saturday morning MST (Good for me and Tyris)
or
10-11pm Friday night MST, 5-6am Saturday morning GMT (Good for Tinalles, Miho and DarkwingPhsyco*)

Leaving Tenshi out at his request. I am good for either time but I would like to know soonish. On a party group note we need a better meat shield then my cleric, if anyone else wants join. Less then subtle hint. ^_^

@Miho if you really want I could meet you tomorrow at 4pm your time, this offer includes any one on MST time.
*Possibly joining us.

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Spellingmistax = mistax = ax = anthrax
Miho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might be able to swing that. Let me get back to you on that for sure ax
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... my phone can access the internet very reliably. Actually, when I was just using a Razr and it wouldn't allow me to insert new lines, I would send three or four PMs because of character limits... Hah. Ponce used to yell at me for signing on to ES on my phone at work, and all. ^_^;

Now I have a phone that makes it MUCH easier.

...and I have a laptop. Speaking of, what're the game reqs? It's only a netbook, but I wonder if it would play the game.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System requirements

That said, I very much doubt that your netbook will really be up to it. For one thing, most netbooks use the Intel 945GSE integrated graphics chipset, which doesn't have hardware support for transform and lighting. Also, netbook CPUs are optimized for low power usage, which necessarily cuts into their performance. It might run, but it will be sluggish at best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: