FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Krislyn/Ponce (In Memory)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Krislyn/Ponce (In Memory) Reply with quote

A long time friend of Krislyn's sought me out today to send along the news that Krislyn has passed on, and I offered to send that news along to the rest of the forum. Let me say here and now, if anyone needs a shoulder or an ear, I'll help however I can.

I'm not good at mourning, though I did so today. I'm not really good at breaking this news, either. I wish I had some gentle way to say it, but I don't. What I am good at is remembering people, and I remember a lot about her.

I believe, truly and wholly, that she would want us to remember her happily. So let's have a wake, you know? Let's all try and remember the things about Kris that made her such a special person to us!

I remember that she was always there with a bright spirit, high hopes, and a good jab of humor at the most (in)opportune of times!

I remember that she would always be there to offer support and advice, even when you didn't want to hear it (but needed to).

I remember she was simultaneously mother, sister, and best friend.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God . . . I . . .

I always admired her spirit and her courage, it seemed like she wasn't afraid of anything.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She will be missed. There's not a lot more I can say, really.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add to your list Tenshi; she was also a hero. And she'd be mad if she knew I'd called her that.

She once said to me "It's funny how you can know and like someone so much without even meeting them." It's true, without meeting her she managed to become a part of my life and I'll never forget her.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always remember her for her unintentionally hilarious escapades with animals of the four- or two-legged kind. I knew that she wasn't on the forum much in these last few months, but I hope that the times she did find us were happy ones.

My heart and arms go out to all those who were with her at the end, especially Liidia.

I'm glad I'm relating this via my fingers, because I've got a knot in my throat preventing me from speaking.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
spellingmistax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologies if I am intruding.
I cannot say that I knew her, I arrived towards the end of her posting, but I see what she gave to this forum. You have all lost something precious and irreplaceable. I can not pretend to know your feelings or the depth of your loss.

A wake is where friends and family get together and share memories of the good times that where had, telling the funny stories, remembering the departed at their best. I would have liked to have known her better, from what I have read she spoke from the heart and always stayed true to herself. So tell me, let me know her, share with me your best memories, why did you call her friend?

Quote:
I'm not good at mourning, though I did so today. I'm not really good at breaking this news.

No one, no one is good at mourning, there is no such thing. There is no easy way to tell about the death of someone close.

while Udina asked the usual inane civilian things that came about while under attack: "What's happening? Who is shooting at us? I'm squishy and not wearing armor and I'm a liability, get me to safety, etc.
dubbed Anthrax by Asa
Spellingmistax = mistax = ax = anthrax
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how it happened? Illness? Accident?
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we do know she had Lyme and Lupus. Her brother died not long ago. Her neighbors hated her. Up until the end, I didn't think her medical condition had worsened, but we know how reticent she was about it.

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone hate Ponce? That's stupid. all of the family seemed really sweet, too...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Ponce was the terror of the neighborhood (and this I say fondly), and would kick the butt of anyone who dared to cross her. At least, that's what I gathered.

Didn't she mention the lupus acting up the last time she was on?
Asa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know all the details, and I may be getting some of it wrong, but here's what I think is the story:

She had family issues back home in Ireland, so she and her brother (twin?) came to America. She owned a horse rescue farm in Montana, but her neighbors were all rednecks who caused trouble for her. She went to court against them at least once or twice. Toward the end they were causing her so many problems she was considering moving back to Ireland. She adopted or fostered a pre-teen named Liidia and seemed to be getting along well - but since she was absent from the forum I don't know what new things developed on any front. If anyone knows more, please let us know, so we can begin compiling a memory book type thing.

Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she did wolf rescue too, and Montana ranchers who raise cattle/sheep/etc are NOT known for their vigorous support of wolf reintroduction. Their substantially differing political opinions were more than enough to cause friction. It was probably illness, though, her last post mentioned that she felt ill.

Here are all of ponce's posts.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know her quite as well as the rest of you, but I always appreciated the passion with which she spoke on just about any subject. It's sad that that vibrant spirit has left us, but I hope that she's found peace nonetheless.
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Kay everyone, here's what I spent the last two hours on. Feel free to participate or not, as you wish.

Bookemon.com allows free book preparation and creation. They charge for physical printing, of course, but that doesn't concern us. I've opened an account, and started a memory book. If you want to, please add a short story, or picture, or anything.

Here's the link to the site, and if you log in with this info: yochva@gmail.com, krislyn, and click on My Books at the top, you should see an 'edit book' option. After that it's fairly straight forward.

PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too did not know Ponce as well as most of you, but I was definitely a fan of her posts. The girl had spunk, and a very open, caring heart. We will miss you tons, you redneck-foiling, adventurous animal/people adopting cowgirl!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: