FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Washing your hair... with cancer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion
Author Message
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Washing your hair... with cancer. Reply with quote

LadyYates wrote:
Wanna see something scary? Just search for the shampoo that you use on this website:

www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

Oi! Seriously though, this site actually has valuable independent scientific analysis of these products and their individual ingredients rather than just being another one of those fear-mongering websites looking to sell an "organic" product.

It's amazing what we put into our bodies without knowing it.

Sadly, my favourite shampoo is rated a 7 (Fructis) so I'll probably be switching to an organic brand sometime soon... not to mention trying to find a better bath soap for Charlie. It's the accumulation of this stuff in your system that really gets you - so I'd like to give my wee pipsqueaker the best shot he's got at skipping out on negative side effects later on in life.

Anyhow, just thought I'd put this out there for you all to see. Whether you DO anything about the products you're using or not is up to you, but at least now you KNOW. (And knowing's half the battle!)


I once heard on the news that patato chips are linked to cancer. And guess what, pure oxygen is poison, and if that were all you were to breath for a considerable length of time, you could die from it.

Point: You still eat patato chips, and receive oxygen on the ambulance.

Take some advice from someone who was once in the medical feild, don't believe everything you read. It's a load of fooey.

You shouldn't be to concerned for the little one honestly. The FDA, and other federal agencies check this stuff over thuroghly, and wouldn't release it if it were known to be SO harmful.
Back to top
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked my antipersperant and deoderant on there. Guess what? It has a hazard warning on this site because it disrupts the Endocrine Systems. What are the endocrine systems? Basically, it's anything to help slow the body down, or reduce a rate of any function the body has control over to keep the body in a normal state. You know, like the sweat glands,... lowering the body heat to keep you cool.

I would sure hope it affects my endocrin system, since it is an anti-persperant.

And in my body spray, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE,.... come on, it's a propellant,.... you could pressurize the container the normal way, like they do oxygen tanks, but you'd have the risk of an mini explosion hazard every time you droped the container.

And the Alchol that's in my body spray,... I drink alcholic drinks with more in it than this, trust me when I say that this particular additive (used as a anti bacterial agent) doesn't have enough to hurt me. And the warning that this stuff is flamable since when was alchol and butane not flamable?

And the fragrance in my body wash, body spray, and in my shampoo are all connected to allergies, and neurotoxicity. They list them in the oppisite order to confuse you. I list them in that order to help explain it to you.

Some people just have an allergy to certain fragrances. It happens. It's like dander, or pollen, or peanuts..... especially peanuts. Allergies can be a response from neurotoxicity. That's right folks, now let me explain how allergies work to all of you who don't know.

Basically, the body looks at a foreign object, such as food (peanuts), a respitory invador (pollen, dirt), or surface object (fragrances, lotions, etc.), and decides that it's doing more damage than good.

Normally, when the body has some sort of invader,... like,... I don't know, lets pick the cold or the flu,... your body has an immune respone, and sends out a bunch of little T-Cells, and white blood cells to "Kill" it so to speak.

The difference between an allergen and a normal invader like the flu? Your body has an extreme reaction. Your body analyzes it as being a bigger threat than what it is, either because of a overstimulation of the immune system, or because of the amount (like in fragrances and lotions). This causes swelling at the area of contact (red puffy skin, eyes, swelling of the larynx (wind pipe, this is like an azma attack), sneezing, lungs (weezing), itching, etc.).

This type of reaction, when sever, sends you into anaphilactic shock. Basically, your body begins to shut down to try to avoid surcombing to the invader, and is partially due to the additional buildup of acids, and toxic chemicals NATURALLY produced in your body, but at higher concentrations from being in a state of hyperdrive.

When looking at this site, I hope you all use a little common sense here.
Back to top
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, I've edited your post to remove the swearing along with some of the attitude. I've left the majority of the content there because the actual stuff you're saying isn't that bad, but you might want to think about how you say it next time.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nem wrote:
Bob, I've edited your post to remove the swearing along with some of the attitude. I've left the majority of the content there because the actual stuff you're saying isn't that bad, but you might want to think about how you say it next time.


Hey,.... I think you missed one. Go edit this while your at it: http://earthsongsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1289&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=devilman2045
Back to top
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... chill.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilman2045 wrote:
I checked my antipersperant and deoderant on there. Guess what? It has a hazard warning on this site because it disrupts the Endocrine Systems. What are the endocrine systems? Basically, it's anything to help slow the body down, or reduce a rate of any function the body has control over to keep the body in a normal state. You know, like the sweat glands,... lowering the body heat to keep you cool.

I would sure hope it affects my endocrin system, since it is an anti-persperant.

I'm sorry, but to me, that sounds contradictory and a bit dangerous. Granted, I've never studied medicine, but it seems that messing with the body's ability to control homeostasis - well, that could possibly effect it in larger ways - is not a good thing. I would change my D.O. Wink

And . . . not to be rude, because I really don't mean to be, and I apologize if it seems that way, but . . . you don't have to explain everything to us. Wink

I'd also like to say that the even the FDA can be a little lax. It's not perfect.


Last edited by Tinu. on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilman2045 wrote:
Hey,.... I think you missed one. Go edit this while your at it: http://earthsongsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1289&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=devilman2045

Why? It's not even on the same page as the rest of these topics. The damage that may or may not have been caused by that display of poor behaviour has been done. Expending the hours it would take to sort through it and remove all the errors in your conduct isn't a dreadfully productive use of my time, especially for a non-active thread.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
devilman2045 wrote:
I checked my antipersperant and deoderant on there. Guess what? It has a hazard warning on this site because it disrupts the Endocrine Systems. What are the endocrine systems? Basically, it's anything to help slow the body down, or reduce a rate of any function the body has control over to keep the body in a normal state. You know, like the sweat glands,... lowering the body heat to keep you cool.

I would sure hope it affects my endocrin system, since it is an anti-persperant.

I'm sorry, but to me, that sounds contradictory and a bit dangerous. Granted, I've never studied medicine, but it seems that messing with the body's ability to control homeostasis - well, that could possibly effect it in larger ways - is not a good thing. I would change my D.O. Wink

And . . . not to be rude, because I really don't mean to be, and I apologize if it seems that way, but . . . you don't have to explain everything to us. Wink

I'd also like to say that the even the FDA can be a little lax. It's not perfect.


You act as if the removal of two hairs will make you bald.... Trust me, your body litterally sweats from just about everyplace. Two little 4x2 sections don't make or break you.
Back to top
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nem wrote:
devilman2045 wrote:
Hey,.... I think you missed one. Go edit this while your at it: http://earthsongsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1289&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=devilman2045

Why? It's not even on the same page as the rest of these topics. The damage that may or may not have been caused by that display of poor behaviour has been done. Expending the hours it would take to sort through it and remove all the errors in your conduct isn't a dreadfully productive use of my time, especially for a non-active thread.


All I am saying is almost every moderator had posted on that thread. And yet there it sits, unalterd.... That's right folks, all swearing, farts, and Nudity intact.... Exclamation

Besides I don't see what gives you the right to edit anything of mine after giving me that little freedom to talk speech here http://earthsongsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2810
Back to top
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilman2045 wrote:

Besides I don't see what gives you the right to edit anything of mine after giving me that little freedom to talk speech here http://earthsongsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2810

Um. He's a Mod, he was given the right to edit things that go against forum rules. And in that thread, you weren't being particularly nasty nor were you swearing. Swearing is against forum rules, so he had every right to edit your post.

Keep it civil dude.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
devilman2045 wrote:

Besides I don't see what gives you the right to edit anything of mine after giving me that little freedom to talk speech here http://earthsongsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2810

Um. He's a Mod, he was given the right to edit things that go against forum rules. And in that thread, you weren't being particularly nasty nor were you swearing. Swearing is against forum rules, so he had every right to edit your post.

Keep it civil dude.


First off, my original post was cilvil,... I used capital letters to place a little more oomph on certain points though, instead of making bold and what not. Second of all, There was swearing in the post I referenced. No one informed me then,.... third, I don't care if he's a mod. Give me a speech about the freedom of speech, then talk to me about being a hypocrit, then go out and edit my post. I think nem's just got something against me, and I don't know what it is.... Question
Back to top
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... maybe 'cause you're acting like kind of a asdfgh.

EDIT by Maeniel for swearing.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an international forum. We all work to keep everything in check. Nem is doing his job. Also, will you stop mentioning the Bill of Rights? Not everywhere functions on the same rules of America. And if you have such a thing for freedom of speech, go have a chat with the FCC.

Nem treats you no differently than he treats anyone else on this forum - you just cause a lot more commotion than most people. ^^
Doesn't mean he has it out for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devilman2045
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:
Uh... maybe 'cause you're acting like kind of a asdfgh.


I wonder how someone can call me a asdfgh,... and I get accused of swearing,.... I'm just left wondering what hell everyone's problem is. Besides last time I checked, you and I were having a nice little conversation, very civil in fact, until nem joined in.

EDIT by Maeniel for swearing.
Back to top
Tinu.



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 3690
Location: The land of dreams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have called it civil. Your post - before anyone commented on it - was condescendingly hostile.

On topic:
It's a useful site, but still one to be used with caution. I would double check all the ratings somewhere else, and look up the chemicals and their history and possible effects.

I'm a bit cynical about studies on chemicals really, they tend to be contradictory, as someone already pointed out.

Personally though, I'm a bit more worried about the chemicals I ingest, rather than the ones I use to clean.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group