FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: Paradox edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I contemplate just how freaking hard it is to get a job. An actual professional job with a salary and benefits, specifically. >.<
Merlenyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, well later today after I sleep and wake up... I shall be babysitting the nephew again. I had several days off due to stuff going on with the wedding on Saturday and my mom's "regular day off" that was this Monday. This week is also my last week of relative freedom before summer school starts up, and my last free weekend before my summer job starts. So... this week I need to sew and be ready to finish one garment and begin the next in the first couple days of class, and be done with it before the weekend preferably so I can go out and have fun (most likely by spending it at my grandmother's house!)

Now it is bed time. Or just about anyway.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyYates wrote:
Today I finished the page where Willow's secret is revealed. Crazy!

Lady, you're driving us all slowly insane. Hehe.

Today I have my Precal exam, and am attempting not to freak out.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoe, I think it depends on the emotion with which you two broke up. If she's a good person who you're just not compatible with, then maybe a conversation isn't a bad thing. If she would be a bad influence on you with continued presence in your life, then perhaps you should turn her down.

And I think you're telling us this because you've finally recognized that we're just about as close to a family as you can get with people you've never met and never seen. We'll never laugh, most of us have been there before, and some of us have advice that we're more than willing to pass on.

Don't hold back if you have something on your chest. We'll always be here to help.

Today I really hope I get home on time, because there's going to be game traffic and I don't want to be later than I can help...

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was uneventful, other than I haven't actually posted here on the forums in what feels like quite a long time. Fear not, I'm not dead.

...just don't have a lot to say. I could gripe about lady troubles, but in the off chance that it DOES work out with her, I would prefer that none of you dislike her due to only having heard about the problems I had early on...

Not that it's going to work out, but just saying.

@Claen: Dude, that is TEN KINDS OF AWESOME. Ian himself comic-ized you, bro!

@Hoe: Anonymity + Intelligent Discussion. Wonderful, isn't it? Smile

@Thebes: Selling internal organs on the black market sounds like a great idea some days, doesn't it? I agree with you wholeheartedly...

Today I listen to violins crying, soft voices calling, organs moaning, and a soft techno beat tying it all together. This while I try to make sense of my thoughts, and persuade myself that my dreams are only that: dreams.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:

Jeez, how'm I gonna afford all this.

Go to matinees, find cheap theaters. Wink
There are several in my area that are only $2 - it comes in handy.

Today I passed my exam! Woot! I'm graduating!!
Ivan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Hoe, I think it depends on the emotion with which you two broke up. If she's a good person who you're just not compatible with, then maybe a conversation isn't a bad thing. If she would be a bad influence on you with continued presence in your life, then perhaps you should turn her down.

And I think you're telling us this because you've finally recognized that we're just about as close to a family as you can get with people you've never met and never seen. We'll never laugh, most of us have been there before, and some of us have advice that we're more than willing to pass on.

Don't hold back if you have something on your chest. We'll always be here to help.
She doesn't want to get back with me, no. But I'm pretty certain she still has strong feelings about me. Likewise I do. It just wasn't working out because it was long distance. We still spoke on the phone frequently and kept in contact, and both of us were really happy.

I dunno, I feel like I was overreacting now.
Tyris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinalles wrote:
Today I contemplate just how freaking hard it is to get a job. An actual professional job with a salary and benefits, specifically. >.<
Hell, we'd settle for an unprofessional job with a salary and no benefits. But they seem to be just as leery of us as everyone else.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Tenshi. ^_^

Today contains, hopefully, the last sociology exam I'll ever write. Somewhat conflicted emotions on it.

Today I feel byuck. I think I'll be able to hear all the goo squelch around if I move my head too quickly. Coffee time I think, it's like a magical cure for all life's ills. Uh. Unless you have insomnia I guess, then you're pretty much out of luck.
- Issa
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I saw Up. Cute movie, but waaayyy to improbable for my tastes.

Today I'm going down to South Carolina to see an Impressionist art exhibit. We're going to visit the zoo down there as well - they have tigers! Very Happy
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went to my exam, only to discover I'd got the end times and the start times confused $%^)*(%_^$& !

Today there shall be.... Bad things are going to happen.

Edit:

Weeee, booked the resit. That's 20 for the exam sometime in August.

And then a hundred pounds for a flight back to uni, another thirty odd pounds for a train to london, probably another thirty to get to the airport from there.

If the exam is mid to late August I'll just fly up here and stay here until the start of term.

ARGHH. It just completely blind-sided me. Guess it would have helped to have some way of checking when the exam was, they still haven't fixed their email system.

Gweh. Dang.
- Issa
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Well, my sympathies and good wishes for the resit.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't they send you a letter, or put it up on a website or something? If not, I'd get them to pay for you to come in and do the exam - that's out of order.
Nem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine don't go up on the website with everyone elses' because I have to use other equipment to take the exam. They get emailed to me, but because the university's email system was down there was no way to get at them and check when it was. *shrug*

Frankly the entire admin section of the university is a mess. Every school has it's own exams scheduler, books its own rooms from registry, etc. It leads to a massive missuse of resources and numerous admin mess ups in creating tutorial groups of the right size and so on. Just this week I got a letter from the Bank of Scotland trying to register me as a signatory of the university football club's bank account - despite the fact I've never been to the football club. Crazy stuff.

It's kind of in their interests to keep it that way though, the more things grind down the more work there is for them to do. The more work there is for them to do and the more complicated they make the system the more secure their jobs are.

The only solution I can see is for someone who has no interest in them keeping their jobs and knows something about logistics to be brought in to create a new centralised system and fire most of the current staff. Change from within the system will be attacked by the other components of it.

But I digress. I don't see them paying since in principle it wasn't impossible for me to find out. I could probably have tracked down the department's exam secretary and found out in person. It would have taken a while with the other exams and all but it'd still be possible. I think if I tried to get money out of them they'd probably say that it was my responsibility to find out when my exams were and that the email was a curtesy.
- Issa
Lithrath

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I discovered a Mario Party party in my house when I returned from a technical rehearsal seminar.

Today I wandered all over downtown to waste time between my eye appointment and my tech rehearsal seminar.

Today I got $650 worth of nice sunglasses for free. Huzzah for Toronto Police optical coverage!

Today I got a swishy, gauzy, floor-length skirt. 'Twas $11 including tax. <3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: