FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Anime/Manga thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a book?? o.o

The music is awesome, I love it, and will shortly be acquiring the soundtrack. ^^
goblinqueen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im kinda new so my post is gonna be kinda random

I love Hellsing -Has nothing to do with Van Helsing- Fairy Tail -very cute- W Juliet -Bishojo girl and a guy who cross dress in order to become and actor, very cute- and The Dreaming -a pair of aussie twins come across the darker side of their new school, very gothic lolita-y-

It is a crystal, nothing more, but if you turn it this way, it'll show you your dreams.

I move the stars for no one.

Don't tell me truth hurts little girl, cause it hurts like heck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sailorscully

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read anything new in a few years, but I keep going back to Paradise Kiss and all the Miyazaki films. <3 And I'm not actually admitting this, but I may have re-watched all of Sailor Moon about a year ago. c.c

Relatedly...has anyone seen the preview for the live-action Dragonball movie?

Don't let my dragon die! Sad clickie?

Dubbed Skipper by Asa
Sailorscully = sailor = pirate = scupper = Skipper
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I watched Sailor Moon a while ago too. Though I only made it to episode five or so. Some things are worth watching just for the nostalgia.
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellsing rox sox. But is most definitely not kid safe. And prolly not Asa-safe either. <.<;

I have waaaaaaaaaay too much manga. All of those a's were completely necessary. I'll type up a list sometime. Not now. Nyeh.

Now Playing: 311 - Homebrew

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Virturealm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hesitant to reveal the show that I was freaking out about a few days ago in the today thread, as it's one of those stories you can't really enjoy without wondering if you're a sadist. Bokurano. So far the most horrifying and inherently dramatic concept I've ever heard of.

Basically there's a crowd of normal thirteen year old kids getting outright tricked into martyring themselves for the planet, and you get to watch their reactions as their turns come up (by freaking roulette), and the constant efforts to get the remaining children out as their numbers keep dropping.

Sloooowly. Twisted Evil

(I am such a horrible person...v_v)

Anyway, I guess I should be checking out more of the Eva clones...
__|..|..|__|
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like "Alive! The next evolution"or "Deadman Wonderland."
Heh. Gore. . . yey.
unimportant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, just watched the first four episodes of Zoids again, after YEARS and years without seeing it. I had forgotten everything, like including the judge's spiel at the beginning or even that there were battle judges. And I forgot about the liger zero's "Strike Laser Claw" move, and that Bit yelled it everytime he used it...I was laughing the whole time, but I still love that show. I want a house-sized fighting drivable mechanical pet!
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullmetal Alchemist has just begun a second series run in Japan as of April 5th, and both Madman Entertainment and Funimation have been vowing to sub it into English and then host it within 5 days of the airing date!

*much squeeage*
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the Funimation site - I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I wonder what it's going to be like and what the difference is. =o
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never posted in this thread before, but, seeing as I watched Bleach 215 yesterday, I guess it's about time.

I just started watching the Naruto Sub, but what's a good anime, as I wait for the next Bleach?

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Nem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy Bebop, Haibane Renmei, Gunslinger Girls, Samurai Champloo. Any or all thereof.
- Issa
Virturealm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm, probably need to be more specific than "good anime" It's easier to call it a medium than a genre. Looking for more shonen type stuff? I've heard some good things about D.Gray-Man (where I've been planning to start, if I ever manage to get to the shonen isle, probably in some part because it has an ending)

On the other hand, if Naruto, and Bleach came up just because they're the gateway shows, then you probably couldn't go wrong with trying anything Nem said

In other news, last month I was making a hobby of browsing through the entire anime directory on TVtropes. This was a terrible idea. I now have a queue of shows that's about a hundred names long. Currently getting through the early episodes of *erhem* "Guitar Ninjas" >_> (can't quite say the name out loud, but hopefully someone gets the reference) It's okay so far, but I'm still waiting for the fictionalist mind-screw to kick in.

(I just invented an awesome word)
__|..|..|__|
Squeeself

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenna wrote:
Fullmetal Alchemist has just begun a second series run in Japan as of April 5th, and both Madman Entertainment and Funimation have been vowing to sub it into English and then host it within 5 days of the airing date!

*much squeeage*

Meh, while Squee likes FMA just fine--having seen the first few episodes of this new series--this "retelling" isn't as good as the first. These first few episodes have basically been a huge amount of exposition that was much more carefully shown in the first series rather that what's been going on now--even the pacing feels cludged. Squee's guessing this retelling has something to do with telling a different story later on, but right now, it's not really a solid start. Squee doesn't see much reason to get excited over seeing the same story ever so slightly different...

The real gem this season has gotta be Cross Game. There's plenty of other so-so animes this season that Squee'll be watching, but Cross Game really shines (despite Squee refusing to watch a "baseball" anime at first). The first episode is...surprising. Can't say much more than that. We'll see if show lives up to its strong beginning, but it's definitely a different kind of story going on here.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virturealm wrote:
Mm, probably need to be more specific than "good anime" It's easier to call it a medium than a genre. Looking for more shonen type stuff? I've heard some good things about D.Gray-Man (where I've been planning to start, if I ever manage to get to the shonen isle, probably in some part because it has an ending)

On the other hand, if Naruto, and Bleach came up just because they're the gateway shows, then you probably couldn't go wrong with trying anything Nem said

I've been watching Bleach with my little sister, so along with the nebulous "good," it should be suitable for an emo-esque Indy middle-schooler. I wanted to watch One Piece, after seeing the obviously watered-down 4Kids version, but she wanted to watch something with a more realistic style.

So, I'm looking for something: a) "good," b) drawn in Realistic style, and c) middle-school approprate. Don't read too much into that last one though, maybe estimate highschool freshman.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: