FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

In the beginning...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Miho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: In the beginning... Reply with quote

So lately I have a lot of free time and i spend my time catching up with the threads that I missed... anywho, there's quite a few new people about and there are many originals missing and yada yada yada...

Anywho I was just thinking about when I joined the forum/ started reading the comic and was wondering when y'all started foruming or reading the cartoon..

For me, ah, yesh... I was a freshman in highschool in a Video Multimedia class... I was really into webcomics and a bajillion that I used to visit... somehow I stumbled upon this one. After I caught up with I started in the chat room and then eventually the forum because the chat kinda died and whatnot... But yeah, I would like to thank you all for being amazing these past years and being with me as I grew up, I'm glad I know (kinda) people who are just as amazing with the comics and odd random discussion. Seriously you people are my favourite.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started reading Earthsong when I found it through another webcomic, (No Rest for the Wicked, which I found through Demonology 101). That was just as the redux began.

When I started at university I was in an unfamilar city and I didn't have any friends so I was a bit lonely, and I decided to join the forum so I had people to talk to and a place to go when I wanted to be some where familar.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly can't remember how I found ES - probably through a comic database, or through Inverloch.

I joined the forum a week or so after starting High School. I'd hung out in the Chatterbox and had been stalking the forum since it was taken down.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
I honestly can't remember how I found ES - probably through a comic database, or through Inverloch.

Same here. I started reading when the redux was in full swing, but Teh Lady was still posting new material. I saw her post the old verson of the last three pages.

I attempted to join the forum as soon as Trissy was introduced in the Redux, but it took me a week or so before I figured out how I kept tripping the spam filter.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:
Tinu. wrote:

Same here. I started reading when the redux was in full swing, but Teh Lady was still posting new material. I saw her post the old verson of the last three pages.

I started on the page where she woke up in Tristram's cave and everything was very PotO.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinu. wrote:
I started on the page where she woke up in Tristram's cave and everything was very PotO.

What's PotO?

Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom of the Opera. Smile

I got to Earthsong from Inverloch, which I got to 'cause it was #1 on TWC, which I got to through squidi, which I somehow got to through sluggy freelance, which I got to through my brother. To this day, I still read all of the above comics, but Earthsong is my favorite and is the only one whose community I'm a member of. ^_^ I only join forums if I have something specific to say or if I'm planning on staying for a long time.

The first page of Earthsong that I saw was from the night scene, where the guard is going out, before Willow is shown to be there too. I'm honestly unsure if I'm newer or older than most of the forum members in that respect...
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamir wrote:
I got to Earthsong from Inverloch, which I got to 'cause it was #1 on TWC, which I got to through squidi, which I somehow got to through sluggy freelance, which I got to through my brother.

Okay, that's probably how I found ES, then; except I found squidi through Bob and George.

Virturealm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of Sluggy, I could take Tam's post word for word and it would be the same for me. >_> Soon as Squidi joined TWC, hooked onto the #1 and #2 comics (whichever one was ahead at the time, I dunno) and it stuck.

Remember lurking in the chat room a couple times (It is not easy to lurk in a chat room). Quite fascinating. All the internet's goofiness, zero of the animosity. Then that went away. Lurked the forums, got an account, lurked more...By the time I finally made an intro thread, I remember making a point of preempting the typical abuses (Flying Dutchman etc) that I'd seen so many times.

Anyway, I should thank you guys for helping keep me sane all these years. ^_^
__|..|..|__|
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virturealm wrote:
Anyway, I should thank you guys for helping keep me insane all these years. ^_^

Fixed. Razz

Y'know, I'm always surprised when people in the webcomic world are unfamiliar with Sluggy Freelance. I mean, it's one of the oldest and biggest... it's been updating daily for around 11 years... Confused Weird. But it doesn't compare to the awesome of Earthsong, anyway. ^_^
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand* Never heard of it.

I remember when Teh Lady was still using the burn tool for shading. I think I found ES through a link chain which I can't hope to remember, but I joined the forum at least three or four years ago. I've got a horrible head for times.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that I joined ES before the first book came out, and how I stumbled across it was interesting. I used to read a webcomic called "Misfile" because it had a lot to do with cars, and one day the writer linked to a comic called "The Dreamland Chronicles", which The Lady had a banner exchange with at the time. I clicked through to Earthsong and was INSTANTLY hooked.

And I've heard of Sluggy. I'm actually current on that comic, I've read through it all. I remember I bought a young woman in Utah the "Holiday Bun Bun" plushie for her birthday present, which made her super happy.

I found Misfile through a banner ad to some webcomic that died very quickly, which I found through Sarah Zero (before their reboot), which I found through...something. That's as far back as I recall.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
*raises hand* Never heard of it.

I remember when Teh Lady was still using the burn tool for shading. I think I found ES through a link chain which I can't hope to remember, but I joined the forum at least three or four years ago. I've got a horrible head for times.

You were here when I joined, which was about three and a half years ago - so probably four.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the how i got here i'm not sure but I think my friend Sylph put me onto Earthsong as for the when it was during my first term at the Univ of Strathclyde in Scotland. so back in 2005 if i remember the years correctly.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
devilman2045

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually made it here from www.illwillpress.com which had a banner exchange with Contemplating Reiko, which I thought I might like since I liked foamy, and all. But I didn't. I then went to look to see who had banner exchanges with Contemplating Reiko (Evil comes in small packages anyone?), and there was ES!

That was right around the time the redux began. I read up to where she had met Gwen, then started dating a girl for a time. At that point, I kind of drifted away from it. When I broke up with that girl, I came back, only to find the first redux was done, and a second had begun, and only a few new pages had been added. I began re-reading from the begining again.

It's a great comic. I love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: