FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: The Magician's Compass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Y-yes, Madame," the serving girl in the light blue dress stammered as she finally wrenched her hand free from the gross man. The man's grip had slackened with the appearance of Lycoris; not often did people pack such obvious steel in a common room like that. People who did were either very good at what they did or very stupid. This particular man thought she was very good at what she did.

Silently, the young woman beckoned at Lycoris and waded through the common room. Some men leered at Lycoris, while some fell silent. Yet others hooted at Lycoris, yelling profanities about her and the girl. The girl seemed to shrink within herself.

They arrived at the booth, and the girl was three-quarters her original size. The booth was secluded from the rest of the commons; several such booths existed along the perimeter. The booth was dark, allowing the occupants to see out to the rest of the commons, but the rest of the commons would be hard pressed to see the booth at all.

"Here you are, Madame," the girl said. She averted her eyes as she slowly regained her former height. "Thank you for saving me from that man. Do you require anything else?"

Peter's approach would be unnoticed by the girl, but clearly visible to Lycoris.

_____________________

The rest of the group made their way to the inn without hassle. Madame Rosemary greeted them and gave them the same speech she gave Lycoris.

The lady would lead the group up some stairs located near the entrance. "My name's Rosemary. I'm the lady of this inn, so call me if you need anything. Lunch is going on right now in the back; we've got a nice butterfly garden in the courtyard--only the finest butter here! We'll have some nice vegetable stew, with some rolls picked fresh off our bread trees."

The group went through several twisting hallways and staircases, some leading them outside the building on connecting platforms with no railings. The entire building looked as if it were put haphazardly together--and by all rights, it wouldn't be standing at all if it weren't for magic. The group would probably be about five stories up when they finally reached their room.

"You'll find a nice, warm bath in your room," the proprietoress said. "Would you like anything at the moment?" she asked.

The group would find their room furnished with three beds on the right wall, all of which were pushed together. A large window loomed over the three beds. A large, squat wardrobe was on the far wall, and on the loft wall, a tub sat beneath a trapdoor on the ceiling with a long cord to pull. This one collected cold rainwater, which would pour on the first poor occupant of that bath when they pulled the cord. They would need to contact Madame Rosemary if they wanted to heat the water up.

______________________

Tristan decided to take a bath; thankfully, his own water was already warm thanks to Lycoris. He gave a happy sigh as he sunk deep into the bath and soaked up the warm water. He heard the group pad in next door and smiled at himself; he would check up on them later.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris ignored the shouts and jeers as the girl led her to the booths at the back of the room - she knew better than to grant these people any attention. It amused her how threatened they also seemed to feel when she hadn't even adressed anyone but the girl. But there would be time enough to analyse such things later.

"Here you are, Madame," the girl said. She averted her eyes as she slowly regained her former height. "Thank you for saving me from that man. Do you require anything else?"

Ah - to think she had nearly forgotten about the girl's presence. She waved her hand in dismissal, and took her seat at the edge of the booth.

"Thou will go to thy employer and find out if the Hudson party have fully arrived. If they have, thou wilst convey them down here at their convenience, and before fetching them place an order for evening repast," Lycoris replied coolly, waving Peter over.

She would wait before the serving girl had gone before she addressed Peter however. It was clear that trouble could be on the horizon, and she didn't want to attract anymore attention than she already had.

"You took your time - what in the Abyss happened to the rest of the crew?" she asked, reverting back to her more standardised accent that she'd been using with the crew.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter raised a hand in front of the barmaid’s face to catch her attention as she left, "Water to the same table. Clean water."

He invited himself to sit across from Lycoris and threw his boots up on the corner of the table, "The boss-man had us rescuing some girl who’d gone around vandalising shops." He managed to say, 'girl,' with the same air most people said, 'insect,' "Hells if I know why. Lost sight of the others in the scuffle. They’ll probably be along in a bit. ‘n if they’re not then we’re better off without them anyway I guess."

"I see you've been making yourself popular with the local wildlife in our absence." The weight of the day's exertions was starting to push him down into the seat, it wasn't often he had to go toe to toe with dragon spawn. Peter drew one of his knives from the top of a boot and placed it on the table within easy reach. There was no way, he thought, that Lycoris would be able to get her sword* out in such tight confines if something kicked off.

*She does use one right? Didn't see a weapon specified in the bios.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Childe, bringeth a pitcher for this table," Lycoris called after the girl as she walked off.

Lycoris laughed softly and leant back into the booth's bench, but her hand didn't stray far from her cutlass hilt. She assumed that Peter had more problem with their ward being young than being female.

"Let me guess: she's pretty, young and helpless? He's taken on a Project. Abyss Below, I didn't sign up on this voyage to be a babysitter..." she sighed, switching away from her South speech and to a more moderate accent.

"I see you've been making yourself popular with the local wildlife in our absence."

She shrugged her shoulders rather non-chalantly at that remark. Unless any of the local wildlife decided to call out her earlier behaviour, then she saw not point to saying too much about her earlier incursion. Before replying she cast a quick eye over the guy who had been harassing the maid earlier, lest he got mouthy with her.

"I imagine it's fairly obvious that I'm not a local; some people haven't got much in the way of manners, is all," Lycoris said. "Do you think this new pet project of the Captain's is going to help or hinder us then? I'm assuming if there was an altercation, you saw her in action then?"

*Lycoris uses a cutlass, so yes: it should say in the skills section of her bio
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Significantly behind the rest of the group, Gregory came stumbling in with his new charge in tow. The ordeal hadn't soured his mood (though his clothes were another matter entirely), and he was grinning from ear to ear. Even as he walked in through the door with muddied clothes and burnt hairs, he kept his hand in the girl's (so should she allow) and regaled her with every tale and story he could drum up from his roving years.

"Aye, an' then there was 'a time when ol' Thomas got himself so wrapped up in some gorgeous sheila 'e din' even know! That waster, all full'o guff, not a thin' else! So we had it out right 'ere, middle of it all!" he said with a grin full of mirth and mischief.

His story was cut short when he spotted Peter and Lycoris. His grin spread to a wide beaming smile, and he waved enthusiastically over the heads of every patron in the place. Oh, but Gregory was a visible sort. Even without his stories and heavily thickened accent (which came off as rather more authentic than one would otherwise assume), the man was about as subtle as a sledgehammer to a china cabinet. Bright red hair practically shone against fair skin, with muddied and dirty leather and cloth keeping the rest of him from looking much better than a beggar.

As he cleared the crowd with ferret girl in tow, he kicked himself a place free at the table. With one of those too-elegant-to-be-real gestures, he offered young Aislin a seat.

"An' 'ere we are, chiseler! You aught recognize Peter here, if you need someone a'have yer back in a fight, he's your only man. Ah, but y'shoulda SEEN that flyin' lizard after Peter got hold of it! Right banjaxed, the poor bugger," he said with another gesture and a broad smile in Peter's direction.

"An' ov'ere deirfiúr, meet Lycoris. Boss lady, that one, best not act the maggot 'round with her. She's not all bad tho', are you there Boss Lady?" Gregory introduced Lycoris with a crooked grin and a twinkle in his eyes.

"Long as y'don't make bags of what's asked of ya, you'll do bang on I say."

He was quite obviously enthralled with the notion of having someone who wasn't going to dismiss his stories... or run off when he started telling them. Finally settling his attention back on the two of his crewmates he hadn't seen in the past five minutes, he dropped one palm to the table and leaned impressively on it.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the good ship Rachel, it is m'most enviable pleasure to introduce this fine young thing, Aislin," Gregory offered with a much more serious voice than before. As he said her name, his head swivelled back to give himself a look at the girl. She hadn't run off yet, that had already put her in his good graces.

Returning his vision to his two shipmates with a crooked grin, he motioned with his eyes back toward the stairs.

"This place has a bath, yeah? I'm right manky after that scuffle in the an lár," he grinned again. One thumb reached into his vest and gave it a tug outward, causing a bit of dust to come tumbling down.

"But not until drinks!" he cried, settling into a seat right next to Aislin's. "Round of the black stuff, if we can get it 'ere!"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislin came stumbling through the threshold of the inn with a peal of laughter at the story Gregory had just finished regaling to her, one arm linked securely through his as it seemed the man had a bit of a problem walking and talking at the same time and she had to help keep him from stumbling around like some poor drunken sot. Poor fella, but he really was a dear, and such a storyteller! She loved a good storyteller! She could sit and listen to people tell stories for hours, regardless of what they were talking about she just loved hearing the way their voices moved.

She finally took a look around the place when Gregory finally stopped yammering away, and when she realized they'd arrived at Madame Rosemary's her mouth split in a huge, delighted cheshire grin. She totally had something like five hiding places in this building for her treasure, maybe even eight or so, and when she spied Rosemary herself she waved an entire arm in greeting, her entire body moving with her enthusiasm. " 'iya Rosie! 'Ow's that li'l 'possum family what be livin' up in the attic doin'? An-" Aislin would have continued asking about all the little critters that ought'n't live in the tavern, but did, however Gregory was introducing her to people and she had to pay attention again.

"Hullo! Greg'ry be tellin' me all 'bouts yer adventures, it's a right honor t'meet such great adventurers as yerselves" She bobbed a breezy curtsey like Einrich had taught her was proper, even though she was wearing pants, not a skirt, and there were dirt smudges in more than one conspicious place on her face. 'Course, she'd been lucky... Gregory had broken her fall, and had spared her most of the mud and dirt that was currently caked on him now instead.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris resisted the great and terrible urge to roll her eyes at Gregory's accent switching. He'd already essentially outed his supposed secret identity to them, what was the point in this great flaffing charade?

It did not show on her face, and she merely nodded her head in their direction and indicated for them to sit, before replying: "It's First Mate, not Boss Lady - I earn my keep. Captain Hudson divvies the treasure, thus he is your boss. I merely see that the work is done. Mr Casey, keep in mind what I said about speech - I suggest you make a decision posthaste."

The girl kept talking and curtseying, so Lycoris figured she hadn't a clue as to why Hudson had brought her here. Terrific. She could see Peter's unease, as Aislin did not appear to be someone who had been trained in their trade. Castle Rose wasn't looking any easier now.

"I assume that the Captain has recruited you to our group, yes?" Lycoris asked the girl directly.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter spun his knife on its tip and smiled at the girl. Slow and easy; a predator; it was the type of smile that never reached deeper than the eyes. It was his face that smiled; he sat behind it and watched, waited; clever hands plying their trade on the turning blade.

"If you can call getting smacked across the marketplace, ‘in action,’ I guess.” He stilled the knife, “I’d say she’s a typical kid; raised by a reasonable family or some variant thereof, never seen much by way of real nastiness. Come out to play where the Wild Things live armed only with an overabundance of platitudes.”

A shrug; the knife went back to spinning. "Hi Greg, pull up a pew and give us your take. May as well get on the same page before the captain turns up."
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory's jubilant expression slowly cooled at Lycoris and Peter's less than warm reception of their new charge. He watched Lycoris' almost smothering disdain held behind a thin layer of congeniality. Peter did little better, what with looking on the poor girl like she were some sort of baby lamb in the den of wolves. Like some sort of wild beast, waiting to lunge on it's prey. And the cold shoulder Lycoris was giving would've more than frozen any would-be saviors.

All at once, it made Gregory's blood boil up under his vest collar. The heat and blood rushed from his chest, filling up the spaces in his throat and cheeks quickly. His jaw tightened, and he gave a firm push with his foot to the seat Peter had offered. He'd already taken a seat, and it was right where he'd much rather sit, all told.

He stood himself, though. Both hands came down on the table, his body leaning forward on it as well. Looking down upon the both of them with the crazed fire of an almost religious fervor, he grinned lopsidedly.

"Now look 'ere, y' lot. I may not 'ave the most stable speech, as miss Lycoris likes ta make mention. I may not be the most able fighter, none-a-that throw'n daggers n'such. HOWEVER," he raised his voice to a much more commanding tone. You certainly don't entertain for a decade with out learning how to sound like people should respect you.

"I will tell the both a'ya, I've been in me share'a bands, an' I seen more'n a few part ways because a handful of 'em like to think they's somethin' better." his head canted to the side with the last bit, mocking indignation coloring what was moments ago a charismatic, commanding quality.

"Now y'give this girl a proper welcome, and ye give 'er a proper chance. None'a this 'pull up a pew an' give us your take' stuff!" he began to lean back, standing upright again. His eyes darted between the two of them, having lost none of their righteous fury so far. "The girl's one of us now, so's the Cap'n himself orders it. You'll treat her with some respect, 's my take!"

"You're either one'a the team, or you jus' in the team's way, now which'll it be?"

His hands settled on the wood of the table, his weight shifting from one hip to the other. The almost trademark lopsided grin returned to his face, and he watched the both of them for their reaction. He hadn't entirely ruled out having to duck for cover, seeing as how most times this sort of tongue-lashing, finger-wagging attitude he got up to ended up with a bar room brawl.

And they were in a bar, of sorts.

...now all that was left was to convince the good Captain to recruit the girl formally. He was pretty set on the notion, all told. A good part of him truly enjoyed having someone, anyone, who didn't treat him like some kind of diseased psycho. The other part, well, just liked acting like a slightly deranged person who had an issue with authority.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sunny smile that had seemed permanently etched onto the girl's face disappeared as she stood there silently, taking the icy disdain and outright contempt being flung at her by Gregory's crewmates. Behavior like theirs made her want to break things, especially when there was no reason - none, nada, zip! Negatory on the justifiable cause!- for it. Her fists clenched tightly, mouth compressing into a thin line with the effort it was taking to resist doing something really, terribly bad. And of course, Gregory's fiery comments only served to confuse her... one of them? What was that supposed to mean? And who was this captain giving orders about her? And - ooh, lookit the pretty, sparkling wine glasses on that serving girl's tray... no! Gotta focus! She'd been asked a question, hadn't she...? Oh! Yes!

"Nae." Aislin turned to look at Lycoris, a trace of that smile returning as bright blue eyes met the other woman's gaze. "Ne'er met yer cap'n; I jus' came along 'cause Greg'ry 'ere were tellin' me stories. " Back straight and once again looking quite cheerfully at ease, she then turned to look at Peter, her head cocking to one side. "And ye..." That's right, she remembered again. This was the same guy that called her a baby back in the marketplace. Her smile widened to a grin.

"I dinnae what pissed in yer porridge this mornin', but why don' ye do us all a favor, stop yer bellyachin' an' get o'er it." There was so much more she could have said and enthusiastically so, but she'd been taught to be better than that so she took her own advice and shut it, breathing in deep before turning to bestow Gregory with a brilliant smile.

"Yer a peach, y'are." Leaning up she planted a resounding kiss on his cheek, then giggled and turned towards the door, twisting around to wave enthusiastically at him as she headed towards the door. "Come'n visit, aye? Mebbe I can share me own stories, too!" Aislin had to get out of there. Nasty people always got her so riled up - she'd already gone and said mean things and if she stayed she'd only just wind up losing her temper entirely and then Einrich would be so disappointed in her- Aislin stopped dead in her tracks. Wait. Einrich. Oh no, how could she have ever possibly forgot!

Immediately she turned back around and darted back to Gregory, catching his hand in a tight grip. "Yer an adventurer, ye gotta 'elp me get into Castle Rose an' save 'im!"
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't fluff feathers at me, Greg. This isn't about respect. It's plain and simple: Can she cut it? You wouldn't be standing up for her if you really thought she could."

"I dinnae what pissed in yer porridge this mornin', but why don' ye do us all a favor, stop yer bellyachin' an' get o'er it."

Peter's hands itched to sink his knife deep into the girl's heart. His smile stayed in place; there was of course the easy way to find out whether she had what it took.

"Don't let your mouth start something your fists can't finish, girl."
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris rolled her eyes at the amatuer dramatics and histrionics. There were ways to deal with insubordination and ways she would like to deal with insubordination, but a bar fight would only get them kicked out of the establishment this far north of the border, and she had an annoying inkling that Tristan would probably want Greg in one piece for the time being.

The great big spoilsport.

The old staredown wasn't going to calm things down, and while violence seemed so lovely to get that stinking smug grin off of his mug, it wouldn't get her point across, and they had probably already attracted too much attention as things stood.

"Mr Casey, this is the final time I'll say this. You do not ever refer to me by my given name, ever. To you, I am always "First Mate" and continue to try my dwindling patience and I'll soon become "Your Impending Doom"," she replied coldy, rising to stand and look him dead in the eye, calmly.

"As Peter rightly points out, you are far to quick to confuse camaderie and professionalism, and I find it hard to believe that the Captain actually used the words "I'm hiring you because I saw you in a market". Did he actually say explicitly he was hiring her, without even the interview? Are you sure he didn't say something along the lines of "get her out of her" ie to safety? I'm sure Aislin has a lovely personality and what not, but that has very little to do with how good she will be in a fight or a storm, which is what concerns me at the moment.

"I have served for over 10 years as a functioning sailor, and a good chunk of that I served as First Mate. I've kept crews ticking over, and met some captains that thought it was okay to give someone a chance because he was "a good lad." Or because she was their niegbour's lass. I've watched people let personal feelings cloud their professional choices. The result is never pretty, and several times ended in someone losing a limb to a polar koala, something I do not aspire to."

She moved to mirror Greg's stance, slapping her palms down on the table and keeping eye contact and her face and tone completely clear of emotion. At the end of the day, they would probably all think as they pleased, but she had to admit to herself, she was not in the mood to be patronised by a former pampered rock star.

"So in order to keep my limbs, and everyone else's where they should be, I have every right to these questions. This is a crew, not a team. And I'll remind you Casey, it's Captain who decides who gets hired, and not you. If Captain says to us direct she's above aboard, then I can't argue with him. But I won't be chastised or talked down to by a young pup who's never had to make hard decisions, and you can wipe the grin off of your face as well," Lycoris continued. "Your bluster doesn't intimidate me."

Hopefully he stop with the "bandit with a heart" nonsense, or at least back off some. Maybe he had a thing for the girl, and that was what actually had the boy all riled up, but whatever it was, there was no call for insubordination. She was in the mood to dish out, but this wasn't the time or the place. Where the Abyss had Tristan got to anyways? OOooooh, she was about ready to kill the lot of them.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan decided to pop in on his crew, and found that not only was the girl there, but there was a fair bit of quibbling. He kept his ears trained on his crew and he hurriedly finished his bath and made his way downstairs.

The group didn't appear to notice him as he approached, embroiled in their own arguments about Aislin.

"An admirable job you're doing defending the girl's honor, Gregory," Tristan said, approaching in a fresh white shirt. It was loose and had a small V at the neck. "But Lycoris and Peter are right to look at her critically if she should join this crew...however, it wasn't my intention to hire her. She just needed help from an unsavory man in the marketplace. What other reason should we have to help?"

Tristan turned to her. "Aislin, is it? It's positively enchanting to meet you," he said, smiling broadly. He took her hand and kissed it. "I don't know you personally, but I hear you're familiar with the area and Castle Rose? Tell me, what is your Talent? And who should we save at Castle Rose?"
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory was all of half a breath out of making a very foolish challenge to Lycoris when the girl came flying back over. When she grabbed onto his arm and clung there for dear life, he was jarred so far out of his confident grin that all he could manage was to stare. Tristan entered about this point, and all Gregory could do was remember to close his mouth during Tristan's return to the group.

That, however, did little to cool the bellows fueling his temper. In the face of the captain, who looked quite dapper in his finely clean white shirt, he decided it was quite possibly better to just let it slide for now. So, with a numb little nod, he returned the captain's praise with a bit of a smile. The rest, that little voice in his head known as "wisdom" he often ignored, would sort itself out fairly soon.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entirety of her life story had been mere inches from being blurted out in rapid fire at Gregory - who she'd yet to notice had been struck dumb by her abrupt return (hey, she had an emergency on her hands, y'know!) - when she herself was rendered mute by the arrival of their captain.

He was dapper, yes. Dashing, even. But oh, the way he managed with so few words to utterly defuse the group's escalating tension. She saw him doing it, knew what he was doing, and- then he laid the charm on her and the poor lass was helpless to keep from going doe-eyed and slack-jawed, a ridiculous tittering noise escaping her throat as he leaned over and kissed her hand. Her hand! A truly devastating tactic, as she was a goner.

Then abruptly brain function kicked back into gear and she realized he'd asked her questions, which brought back to mind the rant she'd just been about to give before he'd arrived.

"I'm Aislin aye and I be knowin' this town an' the forests better'n anybody else here. My talent be shapechangin', I'm a ferret y'see an' ye gotta help me! Papa Einrich's been stolen by the Castle's plant goons an' I gotta get him back!"
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright © Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group