FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

MMORPG's

devilman2045

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: MMORPG's Reply with quote

Hey, I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but this may be a way to increase viewership for ES. I play a few text based MMORPG's, one of which I am just getting back into. If anyone is interested, we could form a clan on one or two of them, and raise awareness of ES as well as enjoy getting to know each other a little better.

Would anyone be interested? If you are I'd be willing to elaborate a little farther, otherwise, I will just stop now.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's several multi-fandom RPGs out there as well. I think you're on the right track. Smile

I'm not sure if it would necessarily have the Lady's blessing (since we don't know all of the mechanics of the world yet), and I wouldn't be able to devote time to it (darned real life). I DO think you should go for it though.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
There's several multi-fandom RPGs out there as well. I think you're on the right track. Smile

I'm not sure if it would necessarily have the Lady's blessing (since we don't know all of the mechanics of the world yet), and I wouldn't be able to devote time to it (darned real life). I DO think you should go for it though.

Do we have anyone else who is interested in the idea then?

Do we have anyone who would be interested in participating if I did start something?

Hopefully Lady will come and let us know what she thinks. And before the Lady post I need to clarify what Maenel has said. This group wouldn't be based on the machanics of the game. It would simply be a group with Earth Song as it's name. In this particular game, there is a list of groups that have 10+ members. If we got that many members, we would be featured on that list, and our group name would be a link to our page on the game's wiki. The only reference made to ES outside of the groups name would be a link on the wiki page to ES. We wouldn't necessarily speak of it beyound that.

I just wanted to clarify on that point, because I know the Lady has shot me down before on ideas because we didn't "understand the mechanics of ES." I know she has said she runs everything ES to. I don't know if this is an exception or not.

I would like to inform you though, for your consideration, that this particular game has over a million accounts, and over 500,000 active participants playing at any one time. Just to have 10 people could do a lot of advertising for us.

I can also say that I had started a group once before on the game, and had left it to persue other in game goals. That group has close to 50 players now, all of whom joined the wiki and activly participated in it, when they had no previous interest. They have been around for about three years now. They are around 3/4 of the way up on this list and get a lot of viewership.

Running a group, and managing to attract other people to it (ones who may not of heard of ES) is a something I can do in this game.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I'm not sure it really settles well with me if the only relation to ES is the name. I also don't think you necessarily need to start a new thing; joining an already decently-sized community and playing unofficially as an ES character would probably be your best bet.

I suggest checking out Trans 9. It's a multi-fandom RPG where OC characters are (by and large) not accepted. People there would probably be intrigued by, say, Zaebos and check the comic out. I was going to play as either him or Rachel (from Animorphs), but I really don't have the time.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeniel wrote:
Hmm... I'm not sure it really settles well with me if the only relation to ES is the name. I also don't think you necessarily need to start a new thing; joining an already decently-sized community and playing unofficially as an ES character would probably be your best bet.

I suggest checking out Trans 9. It's a multi-fandom RPG where OC characters are (by and large) not accepted. People there would probably be intrigued by, say, Zaebos and check the comic out. I was going to play as either him or Rachel (from Animorphs), but I really don't have the time.

Perhaps someone else would be interested. Again though, I don't want to much of a relationship between the two as not to impose on Lady's thing.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one else is interested in this idea?
Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not particularly, no.... but I've never played an MMORPG...
Grimwatch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're fun if you can find a good group of people to play with (good as in fun to play with, not necessarily good at the game Wink ), which is about the only reason I stuck with WoW as long as I did. But since I've dropped that and CoH/CoV as well, not likely I'll be adding anything concrete to this.
I'll just have to wait til a smarter than average game designer realises the potential of ES as an MMORPG...

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably play the KOTOR MMO when it comes out but that'll probably be with the clan we're forming over here:

http://www.therogueforums.com/
Wouldn't go wandering around that site if you're of a delicate nature btw. Nothing dreadful persay, just a bit more adult themed than here.

Might play a character who's name comes from ES I guess. Generally I take the name of someone I've been using in a forum RPG or pick one from a book I like.
- Issa
PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a Harssaf named Zaebos in my dork group's DND campaign, does that count? Smile
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleCactusPlant wrote:
I play a Harssaf named Zaebos in my dork group's DND campaign, does that count? Smile

Kind of. The general idea was to actually go out and promote ES through another medium (like an MMORPG), if there were enough people interested. I figured it would be nice to have a bunch of us togethor from the forum here come togethor as a group, to advertise. We'd be the unoffical official group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: