FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

New RP Concept Questions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Dark Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm really new here, but I'd just like to say that the idea of a steampunk setting for an RP sounds like a great idea, and as far as I'm concerned, would be a nice change of pace, so I'd just like to give my support on that idea. As far as character limitations go, I don't really care, I'll just go with whatever is decided upon, although I would just like to say that if you choose a looser "class" system, then you should make people specify what their class does so nobody assumes anything. I don't know if this is a problem here, but it would be on the Middle Ground forums, which is where I come from. Also, a Star Wars RP is an awesome idea, and you can bet that I'm going to join it if and when it goes live. However, I do have a quick question in regards to that: Will the Jedi be playable, or will they be NPCs only?
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be my intention to have Jedi PCs, yes. Probably. I haven't entirely decided yet, but probably.

It's quite a ways in the future, though, not least because i have no intention to think about startiung it until after I come home from the month's holiday i'm taking at the end of June...
Tomato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this thread. So far, we've got compelling discussion for at least three RP's.

Nem's Post apocalyptic RP.

Mato's Steampunk RP.

Space's Star Wars RP.

What I like about this, is each of these people has (except for me) successfully hosted and lead an extended RP before. I'm really looking forward to what could possibly develop from this.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it can't be said you've not tried, nor that you've not participated reliably over long periods. i don't doubt that you have the capability =)
Tomato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My failures are my own, but I have been here a while. I'm not saying I can't do it, but just that fate has conspired to keep me from the success I long for. It's like I'm a certain quarterback, eternally denied a superbowl ring; I long for victory, but am only finding defeat in my circumstance.

This is why I'm so keen on trying again, to be honest. Because I'm super-psyched about this world I'm building, and I think that it's gonna be fun Surprised
Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:3 Wheee, so excited. I'm interested in taking part in a SW RP, and I'm super psyched about how Mato's is developing. /thanks for mention in brainstorming! Excited excited!
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait, Matoto!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
RoseBlood

Location: Gallifrey. . . (Before the Time Wars. Duh- I time- traveled to get here.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm kinda new to the Wonderful World of Forum, but I think I'd like to join an RP.

I also say that we sould have a Vampire World to counter-act the VH RP. It would be interesting to watch as both worlds develop, even possibly interact....
'I want you, bleeders......'
JackAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I've had this rather cool (I think) idea for a new RP project.

It's a Mecha-Fantasy setting with a Medieval culture and social structure, but Sci-Fi technology. The Player Characters will have the status and function of Knights, but instead of a horse and lance, each commands a heavily armed and armored bipedal warmachine.

Would anyone be interested in playing something like this?

I'll post more details once I've got a few confirmations of interest, so I know I'm not completely wasting my time...

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps...

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two things that I both love and that I hate about this idea.

1) It seems to be taken directly away from the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

2) It might not be taken directly from the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read one of the books, play one of the video games, or table top games, or collecting card games, or watch the animated series, or .... (I could go on like this for a while. This thing is huge)...

That could be a good or a bad thing, depending on how it's done. If you want to do this, I'd be tenuously interested... but... yeah. Be careful. You're walking on broken glass, shards of my heart there.
Violabelle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awfully melodramatic. o.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds alot like Vision of Escaflowne i'm curious but i'd need more details before i sign on for a game.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violabelle wrote:
That's awfully melodramatic. o.0

Yeah. I was rather proud of that one, actually Very Happy

I didn't even steal it from some emo album, either!

I'm just saying, Battletech stuff was a large part of my life for a long time. If he's gonna do something in that world, he'd better be committed to doing it right. Or, at least fun.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mato: TELL ME EVERYTHING!

I used to be so heavily into IS Tech I duels that it was...sick. Miniatures, endless stat sheets, more dice than most D&D gamers had (some lucky, some novelty, some "memorable moments"...)

I have entire story-lines, character biographies, entire CULTURES built in the Battletech universe!

Ahem, but yes, back to Jack's idea.

I like the idea. If it's a Battletech-ish idea, then Mato and I can probably give you more than enough information to accurately protray the abysmal universe that it's within. If you're thinking more along the lines of...hrm...

"One hundred years ago, a spaceship crashed on an otherwise backward/medieval planet. The survivors of this crash used their advanced technology to safeguard certain civilizations from natural disasters, but refused to take part in major wars. That is, until a splinter group seperated from the whole.

In a daring midnight raid, the splinter group reduced the mothership and most of the original supplies to ashes, and then made off into the night. This splinter group now allies itself with a dark and powerful force, threatening to easily take the entire world by storm in preparation for complete world domination!

However, a small recon unit was away at the time of the attack. Now, faced with limited resources and mostly only their wits and skills as diplomats and scouts, a band of pilots must fight their way through the splinter group's elite and assault forces, find the leaders of both the splinter group AND the "normals" general, and end the lives of both before the world is taken by this combined force."

And yes. I loves me some battlemechs.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: