FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TREASURE HUNTERS: The Magician's Compass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter changed out of his blood soaked clothing below decks. He stood for a moment holding his shaking hand in front of his eyes, willing it to stillness, then removed a small linen satchel from his luggage.

“I’m getting too old for this stuff.”

He slung the satchel across his shoulder and stomped back on deck. The wyverns had been cooling, their previously firey natures quenched in death, Peter knelt beside his most recent kill and opened his satchel. Inside lay a roll of gleaming surgical instruments and a selection of glass containers. A variety of curious liquids and creams bubbled, glowed, or gave off a nasty smell from these containers, a small creature floating within one of the liquids flashed into view, followed moments later by a slightly larger one. Peter selected a jar containing one of the clearer liquids, placed it on the planks near the creature’s head and unrolled his instruments.

“Let’s get that out of you then,” he said. His hands remained steady as he excavated the wyvern’s eyes from their sockets, had they shaken his bounty would have been destroyed. The two eyes seemed to glare up at him as the deposited the last within the liquid, rinsed his blade off and returned the whole assembly to his pack.

The ship was almost clear at this point so he proceeded down onto the dockside and made for the inn. People milled around, trade went on, an average seaside town by all appearances.

"Teas for sale! Made from the finest leaves inside Castle Rose!"

Peter snorted, he thought he saw Gregory in the crowd near some tacky looking windchimes and started to make his way through the crowd. A movement caught the corner of his eye moments before the screaming thief bowled into the cook. He drew one of his knives as he came over, holding it at his side out of easy sight. Given the busy marketplace he doubted anyone would notice a quick blade in the thief until he’d managed to walk away.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory's sleeve would catch a windchime as he was knocked down. It was, unfortunately, attached to the rest of the structure, and the entire display came crashing down on them both. A loud cacophony of metallic clangs and enchanted glass breaking would sound in the surrounding area, possibly reaching Peter and Tristan. Some of the breaking glass would emit screams while others sounded more like a piano crashing on one's head.

A furious man would emerge from the rubble that was his shop. His face was red and he seemed incapable of speaking. Instead, he raised his hand and made a throwing motion. And explosive ball of energy would hit Aislin and throw her a few feet back, leaving her momentarily stunned. Unless Gregory acted quickly, Aislin would be hit once more.

__________________________

Back on the ship, Tristan replied to Lycoris, "Yeah, we'll be getting up fairly early. I'll have the people at Ingrid's give us a wake up call."

Tristan walked out into the bazaar after Lycoris, keeping to the sides until he stop in Metamorphosis. Apparently it was a shop that was dedicated to tattoos and piercings.

"What can I do ya for?" a grizzled man behind the counter asked. He was bald, overweight, and had tattoos running down each arm.

"Oh, just looking," Tristan said mildly, fingering his own earring. Perhaps that green one...

There was suddenly a loud sound. Tristan bolted from the store to see what was going on, but he couldn't get through the crowd. Instead, he put himself in a safe corner and sent out his sight. He saw a lean, redheaded girl get hit by what looked to be a tantrum. Gregory was nearby, as was Peter.

"Help her," he said in Gregory's and Peter's ears. He would watch from above and give advice as need be.

________________________

A frumpy woman would appear before Lycoris on the counter, miniaturized. She was wearing a light red, almost rosy, apron over a dark green dress. She was middle-aged with long, curly black hair pulled back as best as she could.

"I'll be with ya shortly, dearie. Meantime, why don't ya make yarself comfortable. There are cookies on the counter and refreshments next to them."

The foyer would have comfortable chairs lining the walls, and there would indeed be cookies at the counter. They had smiling face on them, decorated in icing, but they would frown or make faces of terror as people would eat them. The drink, benign at first, would be boot rear, a drink that would give a magical, gentle kick in the rump.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Help her,"

"Why?" Peter asked under his breath. Just the same he introduced a slightly limp to his step, glancing around at the crowd as if confused where he was. A senile old man out for a day at the market. If they were being asked to help there couldn't be any police or guards there to take care of the problem. He walked as if to go past the angry man's back masking himself from the crowd, as he did so he seemed to trip and put a hand on the man's shoulder to steady himself. He felt the fabric of the other man's clothes beneath his calloused palm. He smilled a slow predatory smile, his other hand placing the dagger it was holding ready to go through the back of the ribs into the heart.

"It's more trouble than it's worth," he hissed quietly.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory found himself on the ground, broken glass and loud noise everywhere around him. His first instinct, and probably his most intelligent one, was to get running nearly as fast as he could. Cute girls come and go, aye?

"Help her." the voice jarred his brain. It grated on his mind, to have "heard" something that his ears never picked up. Might have just been similar experiences from other sources plaguing him, though...

Scrambling up, he tried to push his way quickly through the mess on the ground. His first objective was to get between the guy and the girl who'd plowed into him, and his next was to make sure she wasn't too badly injured. A quick glance was cast her way, making sure she was in once piece..

Gregory returned his vision to the shop merchant, holding out one hand to him. He took a calm step forward, still keeping his hand out with his fingers splayed.

"Let's calm down, let's just calm down."
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton


Last edited by Tenshi on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'll be with ya shortly, dearie. Meantime, why don't ya make yarself comfortable. There are cookies on the counter and refreshments next to them."

Lycoris was rather surprised to see the miniaturised woman on the counter, but given the outward appearance of the inn, she suspected it wouldn't be the last surprise she would see there.

She wasn't entirely sure if it boded well or not that the inn appeared to be empty, but then it didn't seem to have the requisite common room either, which tended to be at least half-full at lunch time. All she could hear at that point were vague sounds of bustling from outside.

Pitching her duffle bag down, she sat down in one of the chairs and took her leisure for now. Once she had cleaned herself up, she would probably take a stroll round the market and pick up some food. It'd be better to leave off of the refreshments; would be a shame to spoil her appetite.

She did wonder what had happened to the rest of the crew... Bah, they'd probably decided to get themselves some food first. They'd show up, sooner or later.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislin hadn't intended to run the wyvern-smelling man over, nor had she intended for the booth to be pulled down, either. But when you've been a ferret for most of the day its sometimes difficult to remember that you can not, in fact, use other people's shoulders to leap off of while in pursuit of pretty dangling bits of colored light. At least, not without somebody throwing a tantrum at you for it. So the merchant's reaction was, really, quite to be expected. She just hadn't counted on his tantrum being quite so literal a thing

"Oooh me 'ead..." She'd landed on her rear several feet back from where she'd originally collided with the wyvern man, dizzy and disoriented and clutching her head with one hand to try and squeeze out the sound of all those poor little screaming pianos playing a concert around her. Other than her head, she was fine. Fine, and slowly gathering her wits back around her, just in time to look up and see Wyvern Man standing protectively in front of her. A big, impish grin sprouted into view on her face as she was momentarily distracted by the view of his backside, leaving her completely oblivious to why she might need protecting in the first place.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short while later, the pleasant woman in the green dress and rosy apron. She had long, curly black hair that was pulled back.

"I'm sorry, dearie. I was jus' cleanin' a room upstairs.

"So ya're with the Rachel? Well, we have some rooms upstairs for ya. Follow, me, please," she said pleasantly.

The lady would lead Lycoris up some stairs located near the entrance. "My name's Rosemary. I'm the lady of this inn, so call me if you need anything. Lunch is going on right now in the back; we've got a nice butterfly garden in the courtyard--only the finest butter here! We'll have some nice vegetable stew, with some rolls picked fresh off our bread trees."

Rosemary would lead Lycoris through several twisting hallways and staircases, some leading her outside the building on connecting platforms with no railings. The entire building looked as if it were put haphazardly together--and by all rights, it wouldn't be standing at all if it weren't for magic. Lycoris would probably be about five stories up when she finally reached her room.

"You'll find a nice, warm bath in your room," the proprietoress said. "Would you like anything at the moment?" she asked.

When Lycoris entered her room, she would find two beds and three windows. The bath was located on the right wall. Just above the tub was a little chute and a cord; she would need to pull this cord to let water down. It would be warm, but not hot.

__________________________

The portly man had already formed the tantrum in his hand and, when surprised by Peter, accidentally let it drop, throwing both him and Peter back a ways. Peter, fortunately, landed in some soft magic tapestries that had moving pictures while the man hit his head on the cobbled ground. He was knocked unconscious.

The crowd had backed away from Peter, Gregory, and Aislin, as if afraid their own goods would be ruined by the trio. Past the immediate crowd, who were all silent, the marketplace was bustling with activity still. It would be prudent to escape into the crowd or to get to the inn. There were still many interesting shops to be had, and information to be obtained about the surrounding area...

Tristan breathed a sigh of relief. While probably not the best resolution, it had still been effective. He stole away into the crowd, looking for the next shop.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her head cleared just in time to see two things happen - well, three if you count the moment or four of distraction due to Wyvern Man's posterior view. But if you weren't counting that (which you really shouldn't, since after all she was still getting over the dizziness and disorientation caused by being hit with the full force of a grown-up tantrum and thrown several feet back onto her own derriere - not to mention all those clamoring bits of glass shattering all around her to make her head throb terribly) the first thing she saw was Wyvern Man stretch his hand mightily out towards The Angry Merchant and take a step forward, followed immediately by the second thing she saw happen: The Angry Merchant looking very startled as his tantrum mutinied and threw itself at him instead, launching him back several feet just as he'd done to her the first time around.

Being the clever girl she was, Aislin quickly put two and two together - Wyvern Man had just single-handedly defeated The Angry Merchant in order to rescue the damsel in distress! And SHE was the damsel! He'd just rescued her!

He must be properly thanked! Without further ado Aislin bounded to her feet and tackled her hero, Wyvern Man (also known to some as Gregory), with an exuberantly energetic hug, the kind that could knock a man down if he didn't react quickly enough. "Thank ye, kind stranger! Thank ye fer rescuin' me!"
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter kept firm hold of his knife as the world started to fly apart. The grey cobbles transformed themselves in blured movement; into a slash of air, followed by a particularly tacky moving tapestry. He hit the ground and rolled sideways, towards where the angry store-owner had fallen, masking his knife from the crowd.

The store-owner was unconscious. Peter briefly considered going over and killing him anyway for inconveniencing them but remembered the crowd and decided against it.

He looked around, sheathed his knife and made his way over to Gregory.

"Come on, we should be elsewhere before that guy wakes up." Peter started over towards a stand selling hot drinks and pastries, "Did the boss man say why we were saving this," he looked Aislin up and down slowly, "child?"
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory was caught in the explosion of colorful glass and porcelain. The blast caught him full in his already sore chest, then tore at his limbs and face with it's ferocity. Shards of color flew by in all directions, and back he went. Or, well, at least that's how it all went down in his imagination. The reality was so much less impressive. He simply stumbled backwards, knocked back by the concussive force. In fact, he would have fallen completely over, except...

"Thank ye, kind stranger! Thank ye for rescuin' me!" came a thrilled cheer from behind him. It almost sounded like the person speaking was... moving.

He never saw it coming. One moment he was tumbling backward, unsure of where he would land. The next moment, the girl who had been under attack was firmly lodged in his side. Her momentum countered his, and after a few quick hops and an awkward spin they managed to stay right-side-up.

"Oh, uh, er... No, no problem. Jus' dinnae think it proper, be lettin' him pick on a fine young lass like y'self, see?"

Truth told, he hadn't managed to get a good look at the crazed bundle of energy by the time Peter came across the battleground.

"Did the boss man say why we were saving this... child?" Peter asked as he neared, sizing up the girl.

Gregory took the moment to look down at the girl clinging to him like he was some kind of stuffed animal. He had a lot of experience with adoring fans, but nothing like this. It felt like his name was unimportant, only that he was the unknown hero. Or something. It would make a fine tune later.

"Not to my ears, no."

He looked down at the girl, craning his neck around to get a better look at more than just her head of wild hair. As he did, he motioned to Peter that they should move out of the middle of the blast radius. He began walking toward the nearest edge of the crowd, hoping to get them some relative privacy among the masses. As he did, he made his first attempt to pry his new 'friend' off of his torso.

"'ey kid, you can let go now. Don' think he's gettin' back up anytime soon, yeah? What's your name, anyway?"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris was amazed at the nature of the house. It was much like a snowman assembled by short children - cute idea, but not so well put together. The room seemed comfortable. It wasn't home, obviously, but she had had to stay in much worse dives in her time. She nodded to Rose as the proprietress finished speaking.

"A bath will be fine for now. I imagine I'll dine later on in the common room. I would prefer to wash up first... Though if you could spare some linen bandages, I would be very grateful," Lycoris replied politely, stepping into the room.

Once Rose left her to her own devices and closed the door behind her, she dumped her duffel bag on one of the beds. It puzzled her why she was being assigned a twin bedroom room. For all modesty was not an issue on Serge, it was above a Captain's dignity to share board with a crew in her culture*, and the other two seemed to be friendly. They'd share bunk surely? Maybe Rose just had no singles left.

She shrugged - she was thinking about this far too hard - and doffed her travel and battle stained clothes and sword belt, before she laid out fresh ones on her bed. Padding over to the large bathtub, she tugged at the little cord and held her wrist beneath the chute as the water ran out.

Hmmm... Well it was warm, but not piping hot like the natural springs of her home. Perhaps it was for the best, given the day's weather, but she wouldn't have minded a nice long steam bath. She piled her hair up on top of her head and secured it there for washing, and for security's sake, put her sword and belt down beside the towels on the washstand, before plunging into the tub.

Lycoris had a thorough wash and spent a relaxing half hour just soaking and collecting her thoughts. When she had decided she had had enough, she dried herself off quickly and pulled on her clean clothes, still keeping her sword close to her.

She had decided on a short-sleeved shirt that came down to her elbows, and dark linen trousers. Over this, she wore a red Southern style tunic which split at the thighs and came down to her calves and tied like a housecoat beneath her left arm. As for concealing her tattoo, she bound an old but clean rag over for now. She could change the dressing once Rose provided her with some bandages.

Stashing her belongings carefully before she left, she clipped her sword belt back on, and secreted the blue leather box and a small money purse in secret pockets in her tunic.

Satisfied that she was prepared enough, Lycoris marched down the stairs again, all the way back to the common room of the inn. She had lost track of time a little. Perhaps she could get something to eat before she ran into her colleagues again. But where abouts where the staff?

"Erm... Hello? Is anyone there?"

*by this, I mean pirate. Mane, let me know if I should strike this part, because I don't think it got mentioned our discussions about pirate culture, but you did say it was okay for me to riff on Campbell Pirate Culture... So if you don't think it should be there, I'll get rid of it.
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The common room of the inn was loud, hustling and bustling with bawdy men and serving wenches. Lycoris would be the only woman in the room that wasn't sitting on a man's lap. There were probably fourty people in the room total.

Nearby, Lycoris would barely catch a hint of "Rose" from a man sitting nearby. He was wearing a open vest, exposing his hairy chest. He was overweight and balding, leering at a somewhat timid maid who was serving him a tonic. The maid was blond and wearing a long, light blue dress under a white apron. She tugged her hand away from the man, but he didn't let go. Typical common room behavior, but perhaps not frequently seen in the higher class that Lycoris was raised in...

______________

The sun was beginning set outside; the group had spent quite a lot of time in the marketplace. The group might consider going to the inn soon.

Tristan headed to the establishment himself. The large, teetering building loomed above him. "Let's go," he murmured to himself.

Pushing the door in, Tristan was all smiles. "Madame Rosemary! I'm here!" The lady came in after a few moments.

"How'r ya, Tristan? One of your crew's already here," she said. "Nice young thing."

"Wonderful," Tristan said, grinning. "That's Lycoris. She's a hoot. Is she in the room or the commons?"

"Commons, m'dear. She just went in," Rosemary said.

"Nice. Well, I can make my own way to the room. Thanks, Rosie! The rest of the crew should be here soon."

Tristan found the room with little difficulty and when he entered, he noticed that Lycoris' belonging were already there and grinned to himself. He was in for a fun night.

_________________________

The marketplace was beginning to wind down. Some shops had packed up and left, but the majority were still calling out for to sell their wares. The inn, in its awkward glory, was clearly visible in the golden light. It would be a good idea for the group to grab some food from the inn.
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"'ey kid, you can let go now. Don' think he's gettin' back up anytime soon, yeah? What's your name, anyway?"

"Oh! Sorreh, sorreh." Aislin quickly let go and took a step back, grinning sheepishly at Gregory for her over-exuberance. She did that, sometimes. Okay, well, a lot of the times. Peter and his frank perusal, and especially his unfriendly tone - Child, indeed! She was nineteen, not nine, thankyouverymuch - were thoroughly ignored. He'd force her to say something mean if she didn't pretend like he and his nasty manners didn't exist, and that was rude.

So she focused her attention on Gregory instead, her sheepish grin turning to an infectiously friendly smile as she offered out a hand. "I bae Aislin, an' ye are?" Now that she was a few steps back he'd see she had bright blue eyes, a pert little mouth and nose, and a healthy dusting of freckles over every bit of visible skin.

( Aislin's Picture! Very Happy)
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravenna



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 637
Location: Toward The Terra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycoris glanced around the room and schooled her expression to a calm, blank one. She tried to keep to a higher class of inn if she could afford it, but since she'd been trying to save money and hadn't been back to the Southern Lands in... a while, it wasn't the first time she'd seen a dive like this. She was a pirate at the core, after all, no matter her family's tribal standing. She'd seen worse, she'd been on retaliation raids...

Didn't make any of this any more comfortable though. The place was heaving with slimy gits.

'... Trust Hudson to put us in one of the biggest dives on the Eastern Coast. The crew's still fresh, we could get massacred in a joint like this! When I get hold of him, he'll curse the day his mother batted her eyelashes at his father... I should have waited on the others arriving.'

She assessed the scene as quickly as she could - she couldn't just turn tail. That would attract attention to a female traveller on her own, or 'fresh meat' in the common parlance. However, her bandaged arm was in plain sight and it was obvious that she was packing steel. Normally, that meant she was left well alone.

As regards the young maid... Playing the hero only ended in getting into trouble. It'd attract attention. She'd just have to play the unfeeling brigand then; hopefully that would get her a bit farther.

Lycoris pointedly made eye contact with the girl and stared coldly, hands folded behind her back.

"Thou childe, you be working here?" she demanded sharply, allowing herself to slip into Southern dialect*.

"Your Madam conveyed me to thee. I require a private booth, if thoust haveth such a thing. I await mine associates, and we intend to have a business meeting, as it were, as it would be. She told me that thoust would assist me. And I DO be in a hurry childe, I would not be about the waiting all the live long day."

(*I think that this is something that Mane and I have discussed in the past, or possibly mentioned in passing but never properly sorted out. Let me know if you want it revised, Mane)
_________________
Bernard [about the job]: The pay's not great, but the work is hard.
~ Black Books ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter peeled a pie off of the stand he’d been heading towards; it had stuck to the wood in the heat of the day. It was the sort of pie a man might break a tooth on, along with the rest of his jaw; the sort of pie you might, provided a strong arm or a suitable sock to throw it in, fell a man with at forty feet. Deep within the grease laden pastry he felt something skitter. He replaced the pie, there was no-one nearby he needed to menace by eating the poor thing, and headed towards the inn in search of more edible food.

The door to the inn swung inwards under his touch. This seemed about the only normal thing about the inn; which was, he thought, kept up more by the collective will of its occupants than any particular genius of architecture. A great lie that if they didn’t believe it was going to crush them it wouldn’t. He glanced up at the ceiling to check it was still stubbornly disobeying the laws of physics before taking in the common room.

‘Dive,’ sprang readily to mind as Peter considered the clientele from near the door. Not the sort of people that were particularly dangerous, if left to their own devices and as long as you didn’t have anything exceptionally valuable. They were just the sort of people who would meet you in a dark alley and cheerfully slit your throat for a few coins to rub together. Or even the one coin if it was a slow night.

But everyone else in the room was the same sort of person, and they all thought they knew it; the guy who’s throat you slit might have friends, or people who tried to pass for friends anyway, and they might be the sort of person you were. So everyone sat down, drinking cheap drinks, nibbling on screaming biscuits, wenching merrily; wresting hands on weapons if someone looked their way too long. Thinking themselves more dangerous than they were. It was, on reflection, the sort of place you could walk into, provided you didn’t know it was that sort of place, and order a drink quite happily without ever being in any real danger just because people would think you were dangerous. And doubtless, he thought, the majority of the people in the room fitted that last description more than they knew.

Peter breathed in the inn’s air and headed over to Lycoris visibly relaxing into the comforting atmosphere of the place.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group