FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Anime/Manga thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Lady Calie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Anime/Manga thread Reply with quote

we had one of these in the old forum and it was off and on popular so i thought why not restart it Smile

anime's i am currently watching
Ghost Hound: The story follows the experiences of three boys who have had traumatic experiences in childhood from which they have learned to transfer their souls to a parallel world known as the "Unseen World". The Unseen World is however undergoing a change, with its ghosts starting to appear in the real world, altering it in unpredictable ways.

D-Gray Man: Allen Walker is a young Exorcist who has a cursed eye that can see the suffering of the Akumas created by The Millenium Earl. He travels to England to the Headquarters of the Exorcists where his Master has sent him to meet with the other Exorcists. The battle with the Millenium Earl and the Noah Family vs. the Exorcists intensifies when some of the best Exorcists begin to get killed by hoards of Akuma. Japan takes center stage in this end of 19th Century plot in order to not let the entire human race be turned into Akumas and the Exorcists have the power of "Innocence" that was given to them by God on their side.

Kekkaishi: Sumimura Yoshimori, a 14-year-old junior high school boy, is a descendant of Kekkaishi, or an exterminator of monsters He is vying for the heir to the family with Yumikura Tokine. Tokine is older than him, and she is his childhood friend as well as his rival Kekkaishi. To save people from the crises, and to make himself stronger, Yoshimori fights against monsters tonight, too.

Shakugan no Shana (though it recently finished): Sakai Yuuji, a high school student who expected his normal life to last forever, is dead. When he was on his way home he witnessed a shocking view as the world suddenly froze: people were engulfed by blue flames and a monster resembling a large doll swallowed them. Just as the monster prepared to consume Yuuji, a sword-wielding girl in black attire with flaming red eyes and hair that burns like embers saved him from the monster. The girl called herself a "Flame Haze" who hunts the "Guze no Tomogara", creatures from another world. As Yuuji noticed a blue flame in his chest, she called him a "Torch", a temporary replacement, saying that the "real" Yuuji's existence had already ended. Unfazed, Yuuji befriended the strange girl, named her "Shana", and joined her fight against Tomogara and other Flame Hazes.

Rozen Maiden: Due to a deep trauma at school Sakurada Jun has refused to return. He spends his time in his room, surfing the web and ordering anything that takes his fancy, only to return the items just before payment is due. One day, he finds a web site that tells him to put his order in a drawer of his desk. He does so thinking it to be a joke, only to find that the letter disappears and a strange package arrives soon afterwards. It contains an exquisite doll, that, when wound, comes to life. She treats him as a servant of little worth, but over time helps him come to grips with his fears and in the life-or-death fights that soon follow her arrival.

Tokyo Mew Mew (when i need something funny): On her first date with the cutest boy in school, Ichigo is zapped by a mysterious ray that scrambles her DNA with that of the endangered Iriomote wildcat. The next day, Ichigo discovers that she has developed the agility (and occasionally the ears and tail) of a cat, as well as the power to transform into a pink-haired superheroine, Mew Ichigo. She and four other girls, each endowed with the genes of a different "Red Data" animal, have been selected for the top-secret Mew Project, which aims to protect the Earth from an alien menace known as Deep Blue.

and of course Naruto Smile

summeries come from AnimeNewsNetwork Razz

anyway post what ever anime's your watching/ might want info on or recommend Wink
Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since Spice & Wolf and Clannad finished several weeks ago, Squee's been having withdrawals...Haven't been able to find any good anime recently. Sad Instead, Squee's been watching other stuff (Battlestar Galactica is the best show on TV right now) and waiting for other series to restart (like Avatar, and season 2 of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya). Guess Squee's been watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex over again recently, but Squee's itching for something that Squee hasn't seen Smile
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to find summaries now, but at the moment I'm watching Romeo X Juliet, Rozen Maiden Traumend, and Lunar Legend Tsukihime.
There's a lot more I need to watch/finish, but those are the ones I'm trying to work on now.
Fenomena

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, I really love Bleach and One Piece :]
One Piece because of it's weird and imaginative characters (and the soundtrack XD) and Bleach because...it's fun.
It has one of the biggest gary-stues I've ever "met", but I just love Ichigo.

Keeper of K'Thonya's feet <3

*If I recall that right. Which is highly questionable.
unimportant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the Blame! Manga series recently and I love it. Dark and creepy and sci-fi, it's just like someone opened up their imaignation and took a picture of it, I love it!

In a vague relation to anime, I have something to say about Brittany Spears of all people. Yes, I don't really like her AT ALL but if you've seen her latest video, you'll know why I'm saying this. Was it done by a well known anime artist, or some nobody with talent? I hate the song and the artist, but the video is awesome. I'm so torn.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unimportant wrote:
In a vague relation to anime, I have something to say about Brittany Spears of all people. Yes, I don't really like her AT ALL but if you've seen her latest video, you'll know why I'm saying this. Was it done by a well known anime artist, or some nobody with talent? I hate the song and the artist, but the video is awesome. I'm so torn.

I did have a look at it, but I wasn't so keen to be honest. ^^;; I thought it was Peter Chung who might have done it, as it looks like his art style, but apparently it's a fellow called Robin Hales who worked on it.

On that vein, I think Linkin Park's video for "Breaking the Habit" was done by the same studio who did "Kid's Story" section of the Animatrix, if you're curious for more of the same. But fair warning, it's a pretty dark and moody video. (I realise I'm being a little bit Captain Obvious here, but I'd rather cover my bases XD)

I feel slightly ashamed admitting to this, but I've not read ANYTHING in ages. >< I need to go down to the book shop and have a good rummage at some point. Although I must say that Nana looks quite interesting, and I saw the complete set for about 1500Yen somewhere... >> I may go back and get it.
Lady Calie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havnt read anything but school work in ages >.>;;
I have the novel of The 12 kingdoms anime but i havnt read it yet xD
anyway back on topic

i'm on episode like 100 on bleach and really should cetch up to it and one piece is funny xD
I might have to check out Blame! soon ^^

Romeo X juliet and Rozen Maiden are lovely series(though i'm still working on rozen) :3
I will have to check out Lunar Legend Tsukihime when school ends

o.o i've never heard of Spice and Wolf and have been meaning to watch Clannad ^^:;

Ghost in the Shell is like one of my all time fav series :3
Squeeself

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spice and Wolf aired this last season in Japan...and strange kinda-romance series. Squee's just disappointed it was only a half season run. It was quite good, if weird. Set in something like a medieval Europe, it's about a traveling merchant who befriends a wolf god. Kinda strange since there's a lot of weird economic plots, but a fairly decent romance anime.

And Clannad is just one of Squee's favorite anime now. It beats out Kanon as best romantic comedy anime. Key makes some pretty awesome stories...can't wait for the next game-to-anime they're doing. Forgot what it was gonna be. Squee particularly likes Clannad because there's quite a bit less fantasy to it than Kanon, which just makes it a slightly more compelling story. Smile Not that Squee doesn't like fantasy...

Another fairly recent anime Squee like was Lucky Star. It aired...last year I think? Sounds about right. Strange otaku-style comedy with a ton of self-referential jokes (one of the main characters is voiced by the same actor as Haruhi Suzumiya, and the show is done by same studio...all kinds of wacky references to those facts in the show). It was fun, though certainly not one of Squee's favorites.

Who can forget Death Note which also ended last year? Smile Great, great series. Definitely one of Squee's favs...though the opening/ending credit music left a ton to be desired. Not sure I would've watched it at all if they had used the same opening theme they used in the second half of the series in the first part Razz
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last summer I bought a box set of "The Excel Saga", and it made me laugh REALLY hard. ^_^

Probably not appropriate for anybody under the age of sixteen, though, particularly not the final episode (which was actually kind of creepy, in a "I can't believe I'm laughing at this" kind of way).

Most recently, I bought a copy of "Tokyo Godfathers" by Satoshi Kon, which was excellent. Solid plotting and characterization, good story, good art. I like his work anyway; I keep meaning to get Paprika, and forgetting.
unimportant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people and your Death Note. And your Bleach
Razz Wink

I got a really cheap copy of Nausicaa and the Valley of the Winds at a used book store, that's my coolest recent anime buy.
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nausicaa is great....
I don't watch episode-anime because... no TV, and I hate watching low-quality online. Many of my friends recommend Death Note, but I haven't had time.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low quality online? Quality of torrents is usually quite a bit better than TV Razz

(Piracy is bad. Squee is just a bad person too. But hey, Squee does buy the DVDs...eventually...)

Find some friends with DVDs or rent em or something. Always ways to watch it...assuming time Smile

Also Tin...

Tinalles wrote:
Last summer I bought a box set of "The Excel Saga", and it made me laugh REALLY hard. ^_^

Anyone who can stand Excel Saga has a seriously messed up mind...Now you know why Squee talks in third person Twisted Evil

But yeah...if anyone watches Excel Saga, just...skip the last episode. There is a reason for the episode's title "Going Too Far." And that IS in all meanings of the phrase.
Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only anime I've ever watched was death note, and I thought it was awesome. I just loved the "battle of the minds" between Light and L.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Note's good, though I haven't seen all of it.

For Mecha fans, Code Geass is coming to Adult Swim. I have seen a fan sub version, and it is justifibly awesome.

Other than that, I'm thinking of collecting the Samuri X OVAs, and my brother wants Basilisk. So that's pretty much my anime list until about June.

Officially dubbed Pez by AsA
Cypher = code = problem = puzzle = Puzz = Pez

Keeper of Skogul's berserk rage, and the Endless Void.
Grimwatch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Excel Saga was mentioned last year, I asked about it and Tin was good enough to PM me a note on it.
In Tins defence, I dont believe any language has words fit to describe it, so he can't really be blamed for my brain melting when I watched it all, including the last one...

Currently watching - Nothing really, but the same friend who lent me Excel Saga has just acquired Elfen lied...

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: