FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Bering RP OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an anthropological standpoint (on top of a general interest in all things awesome) Dakota would have loved to see a sreekaanse in action Wink

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? And they haven't even begun fighting yet. Wink

Working on a GM post now, but I need to borrow some of Fea's resources for Sree language. She had a great system in mind, but I lack the books to follow her lead. I'll post before I sleep again, one way or the other.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dude: I don't think there's anything pressing keeping Mitch in the hallway rather then heading to the engine room.

@Sunny: unfortunately the same doesn't appear to hold true for your char.

I get the feeling Tenshi will have a pretty decent fight set out between Thieli and her adversary.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
theBSDude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Feael- That's not a bad idea, tactically.

One of the things that's been giving me trouble is how Mitch would meet up with the Bering crew. He couldn't just walk out, they'd be stupid not to shoot him. I'll write something up later today.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translations, for those who are interested:

"leen ess-ay" (What is your name?)

"need ah-nah, nehth bare-ehth. Ah-glar far-oth, ah-glar ee-ah"
(A gift to you, my wife*. A glorious/beautiful hunt, and then glorious/beautiful abyss!**)

* = In a matriarchal society, calling a female your wife would be seen as a horrible insult. On par with several unmentionable insults on a PG-13 forum.

** = "abyss" in this case could be taken to mean "complete death". In any society, there is a fate worse than the afterlife - being barred from it.

Given that the language we're using for Sree doesn't have "filler words" (the, a, and so on) the words have to infer more meaning than they necessarily carry by definition. I've gone with a slightly more Latin flavor than Fea has, I think. I don't offer "filler" words at all, whereas Thieli has used a few (created phonetically I believe). This is actually good, because it gives diversity to the language. Consider it something like dialects. I have reasons for wanting to make that distinction, but that may be getting a bit ahead of myself, plot-wise. Wink

Sorry for the late post, again I was having some connection issues. As of right now it's still pulling a speed of 3KB/s or so.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
sunshine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem man, I'm just thrilled to have the plot advancing! Very Happy

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plot's advancing at the end of the week. Next two posts are going to finish the main battle on the Tacoma, though the post involving Thieli may lag one post behind (if I can't catch her for back-and-forth dialog over gmail chat).

Will post from work on Sunday.

Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Leah, or get someone to replace her. I just can't work up the enthusiasm, and I really don't have time anymore, anyway. This is why I dropped out of RPGs in the first place, and I should never have thought I'd be different this time around. *mutters with a growing cloud overhead*

I'm really sorry to leave you all hanging, especially sans medic in a battle, but I just can't do it anymore. I feel terrible. *grimaces at self*

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't beat yourself up over it, I understand the time constraint really well. Don't worry about it, either. It happens, you know? If you ever want to give it another go, I'd be happy to take you back in at a later time. I won't kill Leah, but she'll be taken out of active play in case you ever want to come back for a cameo chapter. ;P

Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... thanks.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Feaelen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dude: if you plan on moving your char to the engine room might want to do so soon, Tenshi and i are working out one big fight post, and it's going to be colourful Very Happy

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Mitch isn't gonna make it.

As for how Mitch knows Dr. Gregory isn't a pirate, in case I wasn't clear, he can tell that the person feeling around is well rested and very skilled.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to make welcome to Bering's newest two members! Claen'tor (Sam) and sailorscully (Blake) will be joining us when we get to Dangus!

A bit of a heads-up: Blake will be installing some new hardware that requires a special electrical implant to force to work (which is still only theoretical). Sam has been traveling with her for some time as a personal assistant and guard, given the sensitive nature of some of the technology Blakely is handed. More info on all this later.

Welcome again to our two newest members!

I'll have a new post up this weekend, soon as I can.

Red Skelton
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves* I sincerely hope that we enjoy our time together, and that I can keep up with the RP when/if it accelerates. Our characters have quite interesting histories, and relations, which will become somewhat clearer in the RP. ^_^

Now Playing: Paramore - Conspiracy (How appropos... o.o;)

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Feaelen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOODIGITY!!! new players! welcome aboard!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: