FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Music worthy of Hate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the solution to all your problems - tune in to the local Classical station, and I promise you will NEVER hear any of those songs! ^________________^

Personally, any song where you can't understand the words goes at the bottom of the list. Therefore, most of modern rock, rap, r&b, jazz, emo and anything else I'm missing is out. Okay, let's be honest - anything written less than fifty years ago will NOT be on my favorites list. Except country. *waits for the rotten tomatoes* Honestly. Oldies are okay. Early rock you could actually understand, there was more to the music than a bass line, and it was catchy in a good way. Example: "Locomotion", by Little Eva. Ever wonder why it's so popular, even today? Because it was GOOD. She was the original singer, by the way. In case you were wondering.

But I don't really listen to any modern stuff. I listen to Classical, and there's nothing I don't like in that genre. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozart and musical dressage!

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Tomato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

horsin'around wrote:
It got stuck in my head!!!! *rips at hair* And I liked it before!!

This is exactly how I feel about Bananaphone by Raffi. I liked it once, and now... I want it to die >:[ Evil or Very Mad
LordLegion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally listen to mostly punk and heavy metal. I am a bit of a snob about it though. I am very selective and do not just listen to any of the [explitive deleted] that comes down the main pipe line.

When it comes to punk, I tend to stick more to bands that actually have something to say like Bad Religion. I can understand the lyrics and their songs have actual messages in them that you do not need a degree in literature, just a brain, to figure out.

On heavy metal, I highly despise most of the [two million explitives deleted] that are forced onto me. Qui-gon said it best, "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." Well neither does the ability to scream make one a rock star.

I stick more to old school Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Ozzy.

Also, I have a huge collection of "oldies." To this day, Buddy Holly is still my favorite singer. And I will take the Beach Boys over the Beatles any day of the week. All the classic rock stations here in Houston seem to have a huge thing for the Beatles so they play their music constantly.

I swear to the All Father if I have to hear "Yellow Submarine" one more time I am going to [infinite number of explitives deleted] everything in sight.

I used to think everyday I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a revolver was a victory, but little "golden" moments like this make me wonder, "A victory for who?"
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 9-12-2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
I have the solution to all your problems - tune in to the local Classical station, and I promise you will NEVER hear any of those songs! ^________________^

hehe, my mom always listened to the classical station when I was little. I really don't like it. I can count the songs I like in that genre on one hand - three fingers even. Now when together in the car we take the middle line and listen to folk >>; (eva cassidy! yay!)
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pobracita. I feel for you.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never to late to fall in love. From the musical The Boyfriend.

That woman's voice, especially when she says 'wack a doo' it just makes me want to kick her into oblivion.

Video games don't make people violent. Barbie* and bad music make people violent.

*I hate dolls, every time I see a barbie or a bratz advert I feel the urge to kill rising.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh, Britty, you hit the bane of my life. I always hated dolls, and relatives always got them for me on special occasions! I wanted model horses!!! *grins* Nevermind, I'll be quiet now.

I liked Avril Lavigne, but that Girlfriend song? It was as stupid as it was catchy.

Ponce
cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Honestly. Oldies are okay.

Okay? oldies are great ^__^

Sorry Nu, to have classical ruined for you, but folk's good too.. ^__^

I can't listen to any music where I can't understand the words without getting a migrain, and my bus driver does not know the meaning of good music, he puts on music where the singers are whining all the time, (voice, not lyrics, I mean) and has carols on the whole holiday season (meaning, from the day after Thanksgiving onward)
Tomato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the beachboys.

HATE.

And...

I love like... "real" modern rock and roll. Not any of those stupid subgenres, but the stuff that actually qualifies as rock and roll. Incubus, Chevelle, Trapt, and Foo Fighters seem to epitomize this to me. It's not that I despise those subgenres, but I think "real" rock and roll has becomes drowned in the see of Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Soft Rock, Country Rock, Emo, Screamo, Screamer, and all those other musical types that tend to weigh down the genre.

Last edited by Tomato on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, you're a rock'n'roll elitist. Wink

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Tomato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, I'm not. I'm not into indy, after all. Those guys are rock and roll elitists. "Oh, I've been listening to Coopersville since they opened for Rauch"... or "I've listened to Dangerdangerdanger since before their first album was released" or whatever. Those guys really annoy me ><;
horsin'around

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*winces* *tiny voice* I do not like Alicia Key's 'No One.' It sounds like she's moaning.

*flees*

Ponce
Tyris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That they are elitists does not preclude you from being one. It was the attitude of "only the stuff I listen to is real rock" that prompted the comment.

And now for something completely different.
We can't stand Freebird. Got exposed to it many years and many inches ago, didn't like it, got told "You'll grow into it," never did and now can't understand why it seems to be the song to shout for someone to play. (Boy, that came out twisted. Hopefully it's still understandable.) Or is that just one colossal joke-meme?

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Ghastly One-Eyed Minno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, Mato, we aren't all like that. My favorite genre is indie, but I'm one of the most musically open-minded people I know.

That being said, I really hate almost every station that plays "modern music" in the Dallas area because they're all owned by the same company and they all play the exact same music, resulting in just about every single song that comes out reaching "overplayed" status within a week or two. Although the Edge has greatly improved recently due to a change in management that enabled them to go back to their original format (yay, 90's music!). Before that it seemed like they played the exact same few songs every hour.

I'll never forgive them for cancelling the Adventure Club on Sunday nights, though. That stuff was awesome.

Our classical station is awesomesauce, and the oldies and classic rock stations are also pretty good for the most part, but I only listen to the radio in the car, and for some reason I can never listen to anything but rock music while I'm driving or Bad Things (TM) happen, so I guess I should just start bringing my CDs in the car, or something.

Also, really? Somebody doesn't like the sexy tractor song? I think that song's hilarious. Oh well. To each his own, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: