FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

What video-games are you looking forward to this year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Grimwatch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: What video-games are you looking forward to this year? Reply with quote

A little late with this topic, being late Jan and all, but what video games are you looking forward to this year? Please dont mention any Blizzard game no matter how much you are willing to trade your soul for it, since we all know Blizzard doesnt keep to the same mortal time-keeping standards as the rest of us.

Persoanllay I'd like to say Im looking forward to FF 13, but since its release date has just jumped back 8 months, and even then its iffy, I'm going to peg that one as a late 2010 release.

I guess right now all I really want is the PAL release of Persona 4, and the translated add-on for Valkyria Chronicales. After that I'll take any RPG going thankyou.

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empire Total War!

Empire Total War! ^_^

My favourite style of army, they're introducing sea combat for the first time, the biggest campaign map, the graphics have been overhauled.

There are some major niggles with the Total War series to date, mainly the inability to rearrange unit cards properly, the completely retarded unit AI and the lack of zone of control/slow recruitment speeds. (Seriously old Roman Emperors could raise armies of thousands relatively quickly and you expect me to believe I'm limited to raising a few hundred in a half year?) With luck they've redone some of these things, the rest will have to be left to mods I guess.

Still I'll be a buying of it, those are mainly niggles and it doesn't spoil the game too much. That and I want to paint the world red with blood again ^_^

Dragon Age.

OMG Bioware is making something that looks like it might be a decent oldschool hardcore RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate. SQUEEEAGE. It has been way way too long since Nem's been able to get a decent RPG game under his belt.

Uh... That's pretty much it now I think of it. Maybe Maffia 2 if it's out this year.
- Issa
Squeeself

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEAR 2 coming up next month. Played the demo, looks like it's improved on the first, so very excited. Only 'horror' game Squee really likes...

Dragon Age, definitely.

Bioshock 2. Squee's iffy on whether a sequel can live up to the first one, given the nature of what made the first game great. If they just follow the same gameplay formula, it'll still be a really good game, but just doubt they can match the story and--more importantly--the metagame aspect of the first.

On a completely different note...Puzzle Quest: Galactrix. Puzzle Quest was ingenious (throw the addictive Bejeweled onto an RPG adventure just works somehow). Haven't really seen much about galactrix, but hopefully they'll come up with something fun and addictive like Puzzle Quest was. Though Squee'll likely wait until it comes out for portable platforms, as that's where PQ truly shined.

Other than that, this year's lineup is kinda lackluster other than Blizzard's games (which are more likely to be 2010). Even then, Squee's only really interested in SC2, and then only for nostalgia and the quality of Blizz games....Not much of a strategy gamer. Next year actually has a wealth of games that Squee is looking forward to more. Including ones that are more likely to be pushed back to next year.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory plug for my current major extracurricular project: Battle for Wesnoth 1.6
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I'm not allowed to mention this, then I really don't have much to say (partypooper).
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Gears 2 on PC, since I lack an exs bawks. Other games I'm looking forward too, GunZ: The Duel 2, because I'm a huge GunZ nut. Umm... what else... *hits up Gamespy for info*

Ah yes, Red Alert 3's expansion is coming around soon, and I have a soft spot for the C&C series being the very first RTS I got into. And the cheesy acting is too awesome to ignore.

Dragon Age should be bleedin' awesome, as I have yet to play a game from Bioware that dropped below 'much better than average'.

Star Wars: The Old Republic, as I've always been a Star Wars nut in spite of the butchering of the franchise that the recent movies were.

I really should look into getting the first F.E.A.R. so I can form an opinion about the upcoming sequel.

And Riddick. Yes, I said it. Vin Diesel in Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. I'm sorry, ladies, but his sexiness belongs to me. Yar. ;3

Aliens: Colonial Marines. I've always been a fan of the Aliens and Predator series, though this is Aliens-only. Oh well. My lifelong dream of hunting the Brood Mother with a wicked shiv and a auto-tracking plasma beam will have to wait until after this one.

Red Faction 3. I need say no more. ^_^

Wolfenstein. Same as RF3, I need say no more than the title.

Diablo 3. It's a possibility that it will be here this year, and I'll let myself be lead along by Blizzard's bait for now.

The game that makes me wish wholeheartedly that I had a console this year: Resident Evil 5. >.<

Batman: Arkham Asylum. It looks like it's gonna be good, something rare for a game with an established superhero as the protagonist.

Last, but definitely anything but least, Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I could gush for days about it, but I'll just settle for Gordon Freeman > all (except Bruce Lee).

Now Playing: Rage Against The Machine - Ashes In The Fall

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
unimportant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo 3 is my big excitement. Though now that I know there's a Riddick video game coming out, I might have to scream and fall over that one as well... and Claen'tor, I will fight you for his sexiness. You're talking to the girl that has all night Riddick a'thons with her friends.
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be right back. *poofs, then returns a short time later draped in ammo belts, a heavy machine gun, rocket launcher, .44 magnum, bowie knife, etc.* It's on now! D:<

Now Playing: Avenged Sevenfold - M.I.A.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
unimportant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P'fft, nuts. The true Riddick fangirl requires only a teacup! *holds hers out menacingly*

I'm currently on Fable II, which I waited forever for and have been a bit disappointed by...
Grimwatch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about Bioshock 2. I keep forgetting its not a new game anymore, since I only played it about 2 months ago.

And if you really, really must, then scream out your devotion to the Blizz franchises. I still say that you'll be kidding yourself to expect to see either of them this year, but would be deleriously happy to be proven wrong. On the other hand, Blizzard and Bioware both may take ages to release a game, but its almost always worth the wait, and generally shows the polish of a refined product, rather than the junk certain other producers turn out.

Coach of the Maulers 'n' Brawlers Blood Bowl team - winner of the "Most casualties inflicted on opponents" award for T.A.G 2008, mwahaha...
PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Star Wars: the Old Republic. My social life will suffer so much when that comes out.

Bioshock 2? That should be interesting.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kotor3? I... *sob* I'm so happy....

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
sunshine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Squee - Galactrix is seriously cool, the fiance and I snagged the demo for both PC and 360 versions and were sad by how quickly we reached the demo's level cap. There's still the RPG element of going to different places for different quests and battling various enemies via puzzle, with "spells" and extra weapons to make things interesting. The biggest change is the puzzle itself, which is now hexagonal in shape and the pieces slide in from all four diagonal directions, rather than just down from the top, plus there's more "skull" values than the original 1 and 5.

We're probably gonna snag it for both the 360 and the DS when it comes out ^_^

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
unimportant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if there's a Kotor 3, I'm changing that to my major excitement.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no KOTOR3, it's a KOTOR MMO. Which, frankly, disappoints Squee, but it has a ton of potential since Bioware's doing it. We'll see if Bioware's first venture into MMO is as good as Blizzard's was though...However, it definitely WON'T be out this year Squee is sure.

Also, it's fairly likely that SC2 at least (probably not Diablo3) will be out the last quarter of this year...Just from what Squee has seen, the development effort is far more progressed than most announced games. Easy to be wrong with these companies though Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: