FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong: The Sapphire Guard RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
Maeniel



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1080
Location: Next to Waldo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smart kid," Chet said, ruffling the tyke's hair. Chet reflected inwardly. What if the energy was a weapon? Could they use it against Bel? What if it turned out to be nothing--or even harmful to the user? They'd have risked everything for nothing.

"Want to find more food?"
_________________
Keeper of Zaebos' and Jormand's powers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YatesOfYore
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 885

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durgha lept down from the tree, somewhat abruptly, and strode over to Ariel and Samson. One short conversation later, the two of them simply nodded and headed back out in the direction of the base. Durgha didn't even signal the rest of the group as she headed out of the makeshift camp towards the woods off in the distance.

They'd had more than enough time to get ready. Stragglers would have to catch up... and they would. But she would be at the head of the party this time - There would be no more surprise basilisk sink holes to trip them up.

Sure enough the party fell into line a piece at a time. And with relative speed, they made it to the edge of the Wyvern Woods by twilight, as she had told them they would.

There had been no rest stops across the tundra and they were all feeling it. Panting was by and large the only sound heard besides the cricket-like insects that relished the long grasses of the area.

"We'll camp here - just inside the line of the forest. Someone get some firewood."

Durgha half lept, half climbed up a tree. She was happiest stalking along the thick branches of the ancient trees of Earthsong - a habit of her former life that she did not get to indulge here as often as she would like.

She looked back at them as the prepared their camp and then turning back, glared at the darkness of the forest, daring it in her mind to bring out its worst.
_________________
Keeper of Nanashi's Vambraces and the Amethyst Trees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tinalles
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 1630
Location: Grand Forks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailurin's mood was much improved by the day's march. His headache had faded shortly past noon, sweated out on the long march.

A dead tree stood at the edge of the forest. It was fairly small by Earthsong standards, and appeared to have been struck by lightning some time before, and hadn't survived the experience. Now it was nothing more than a dry, brittle snag.

Happily, Ailurin's plant-shaping powers worked on dead plants as well as live ones. And severing dead plant material is trivially easy compared to forcing live plants to grow fast. One quick gesture and a burst of power, and the snag collapsed into a disorderly pile of branches and chunks.

"There," said Ailurin. "Firewood. Somebody carve a circle in the turf here for a fire-pit. Put it off to one side, we'll plug the hole with the turf when we leave."

That said, he dropped his pack and strode off into the shadows, seeking a discreet location to relieve himself.

On his return, he found the others had mostly set up their rolls for the night. He did likewise.
_________________
Keeper of The Remnant Minuon (cognomen Lucy, the Eaten One) and the Emissary Caeli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagger had been a little disappointed, having to scrap the scouting mission with Lily. He walked next to her, chatting lightly, stopping periodically to send echoes through the ground, listening for tunnels.

Despite the slow pace and the company of his fellow guard, the walk wasn't fun. Jagger wasn't build 8-hour walks, but neither was Durgha, so he didn't complain.

Once Durgha announced camp, Jagger flopped to the ground, exhausted. With only a few words to the guard and without bothering to unpack, he climbed the nearest (living) tree for a nap.

Fifteen minutes later, he woke refreshed, if a little sore. He dropped to the ground and stretched, vertebrea cracking in symphony.

"Hey D, want me to scout a little?" he asked, shooting a glance at Lily.
_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nem



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 2141
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kassandra blinked owlishly as they passed into the cover of the woods. Somewhere in the endless shifting of the march she'd fallen halfway asleep, walking largely on automatic. A shiver ran through her and she drew her cloak tight around her as twigs snapped underfoot.

Durgha called a long overdue halt a short while later. Kassandra hurried to hack a section of undergrowth aside and move a few of the logs the Evo had created into it. Shortly a small fire crackled away in response to flint and tinder. She lay back and stretched her feet out towards the welcome warmth.
_________________
Never forget,
We stroll along the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers.
- Issa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cochinell buzzed his appreciation of Ailurin's labour saving soulstone power. He picked up a decent sized chunk of the wood and began to clear a fire space.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group