FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Today: Continuum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was my Grandma's birthday so we took her out to see a wonderful production of the Wizard of Oz and then to a restaurant for dinner.

Today all the houseguests have left and even though I'm full I can't stop eating chocolates. Why do they have to be right next to me?
Tinu.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem Brit, maybe we should move the chocolates. >>;

Today I am at my Grandma's house, waiting for tomorrow to come so I can have Christmas all over again!!

Today I took a few walks in the rain.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my cousin came over and played Left 4 Dead. So much more fun with two people.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I spent pretty much all afternoon and evening with a friend I've known ten years. Actually, he introduced my ex-wife and I. It amuses me, because he's such a good guy that he still feels bad, even when I remind him he did nothing wrong. Well... now it's time to get on the plane home. I'll admit, I know it's silly... but I'm afraid to fly. It's just the only way at the moment. I mean, I know the statistics and all... blah.... I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good flight Tenshi. =<

Today is my family Christmas. We'll be packed in my grandma's house like sardines in about an hour . . .
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I bought Fable II.

Nothing else got done today.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received The Complete Works of Hans Christian Anderson, and after some reading, I believe I prefer Grimm.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I'm home. And it has never felt sweeter.

Today, I'm greatly enjoying having use of an enter key. :>

Now, on to the good stuff. The past six days have felt more like a month, and I think my father accurately called it an "Odyssey" while we waited to be picked up today. Driving along closed interstates while snow poured down on us three nights in a row, car repairs after fighting a failing battery all night long, and then running on less than four hours sleep practically every night... by the end of the trip, I need a vacation!

It ended well though, and not just in the pleasant memories kind of way. I learned a few things, and reconciled a few things too. All internalization, I assure you, but I'll share what I can. My brother is now working his dream job, so kudos to him. It's harder than he thought it would be, but he has the wisdom to realize he hated his first job too, at first. I think he'll do fine.

Also, I realized a few things about myself. Most interestingly, the reason I'm so stuck on taking pictures of my friends and their significant others. I've been... I guess I haven't believed that it was really possible to trust someone, for the past few years. I've been taking pictures of people who trust each other, trying to see with my eyes and capture with a lens what this secret could be. I would talk to them, and try to learn it. Of course, I realize now that none of all that can actually see trust.

Trust is much deeper than all of that, perhaps it even goes beyond a person's flesh. I think I finally managed to reconcile all of that, though. I mean, it's not just a switch. I can't just say "Oh, I no longer have trust issues today!" right? But, I think I have come a lot further in the past week than I have in the past four years. To the point where I don't feel guilty anymore.

Did I mention it's really good to be home, and be on my computer? Agh, I missed you all!

**spams hugs for the whole forum!**

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
sunshine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-returns the hugs!-

Today my fiance and I drove home, after having spent the holiday with his family one state over. And I really gotta concur with Tenshi on just how good it is to be home, though in my case it's my bed that I am intensely grateful to have once more Razz

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cherynic

Location: Wandering the corridors of my mind... something ate the breadcrumbs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got to the airport at 3:30 am to catch a plane home to Colorado for the weekend. This is my first trip home since I moved to California six months ago and I gotta say it is sooooo good to be home and with my family. Smile

Today I got together with a bunch of friends for brunch. I was so excited to see my friends new baby girl. Anna was born just about 2 months ago and I got to hold her today. So happy.

Today I am exhausted but exceptional happy to be home. ( I know I keep repeating that, but it's true. )

Keeper of Nanashi
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I'm so so SO happy to hear Usa's news, because I think it will help a LOT in what we're working on. ^___^

Hmm... today I had a kumsitz with the Rabbi and his son and about half the congregation. It was lovely, and I miss Israel soo much right now... specifically Harova, but all of it too.

Actually the Rabbi, his wife and their youngest son survived a terrible car crash on Wednesday, with minimal injuries. They got broadsided by a tractor after he skidded, and the car was completely totally. The EMTs had to cut the car apart to get to them! But they're uninjured save for bruises and stitches, and it was truly a miracle.

Today I had way too much candy at the kumsitz, and so I'm still awake at ten to midnight. I'm going to bed as soon as I finish browsing the forum.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is my one day off of the whole semester!

Today I am incredibly frustrated and am having trouble being happy/sad for anyone else. >_<
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**offers hugs to Tam**

Today, I'm connecting my computer to my son's new Leapster 2. O_o Toys these days need internet connections?!

Today I'm looking forward to Christmas Dinner. Mmmmm, Pineapple casserole! Very Happy

Red Skelton
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs for tam and Tenshi*

Yesterday I rediscovered my childhood obsession with selkies.

Today I met yet another person going to Israel. We had a nice talk and he gave me some much appreciated advice about missions. =]

Today I spent the better part of the morning hoisting four year-olds into the air - four year-olds are heavy.

Today I wrote an overdue thank-you letter, and discovered that it wasn't too difficult.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I think we're almost on page 100, in time for New Year's!

Yesterday I went to a wedding. It was gorgeous, as was her dress, and I had so much fun. I love weddings. ^_^

Today I need to get out my resume. Who knew it would take so much time?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: