FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Vampire Hunters RPG - OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Nem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think option 2 is easier for new players so I'll go with that one. Going to have to retype the bio since it was stored on the old computer but I think I can remember most of it.
- Issa
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op 2; easy on the new players, and the vet's might enjoy invernting their escapades in the intervening time.
LordLegion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op 2. I will try to get my character bio done here at work today.

I used to think everyday I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a revolver was a victory, but little "golden" moments like this make me wonder, "A victory for who?"
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 9-12-2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed-back people. I'll tally the votes later on this week, but for the moment, here is a dummy character sheet for you to peruse in the form of a possible future NPC. (Can you believe I lost the NPC bios as well? D: )

Don't take it as a rigid format; it's just an example, and the NPC may get changed again before the RPG commences.

Name: Dean Connington
Height: 6’ 3”
Hair: Dark brown, but used to be mid-blond before he dyed it. Not very long.
Eyes: Hazel
Build: Broad shoulders, and some muscle
Distinguishing Marks: A small scar along his left forearm from a childhood fall

Power(s): Holy Aura
Skills: First Aid Training; a little basic knowledge of self-defense
Weapons:
Equipment:
- First Aid Kit
- 5 stakes
- 5 Holy Waters
- 5 Small Crosses
- 2 Chocolate/Energy bars

Time with the Anima? (if applicable): 5 years

Personality: Dean is something of a flirt and far from shy when he’s off-duty, and fairly easy-going. He’s a personable chap for the most part, although he can be somewhat judgemental and snarky on occasion. He also has a lot of love for the Dune books and hokey 80s action films.

Background: Dean has been a member of the Anima’s medics who are situated in a base not far from the players’ own for 5 years now, and on occasions backs up missions as a First Aider.
In his early life, his father disappeared from the family when he was around 10, and he actually spent his formative years with his uncle and aunt, whose own children had already left home. He was very quiet at first, but his uncle encouraged him to help out at the family business doing little things as he got a bit older, which helped him break out of his shyness. Although he didn’t want to continue it once he’d finished secondary education, he discovered he really enjoyed working with people and decided to train to become a counsellor at university/college.
This didn’t last long unfortunately, as while he was on a training rotation he came across a small handful of humans trying to deal with the emotional backlash of being former vampire “pets.” Rather rashly and naively, he dashed into trying to research more into what had happened to these humans, and ended up biting off far more than he could chew. He went into hiding to keep the heat off of his family, and went on the lam. During this time, he was nearly made a pet himself one evening, but a chance intervention by Anima members on patrol on the area saved his life. Insisting that he wanted to do whatever he could to help out, he joined the medical section as support staff and has been working with Anton bandaging up wounds ever since.

Relationships with other members? (if applicable): Dean works closely with Anton, the only qualified doctor, and is trying to learn from him.
Sparrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say im interested, but probably not going to partake :( I'll be sure to read up on your crazy adventures though :P Have fun!

Last edited by Sparrow on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ravenna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad We shall miss you Dear Sparroo, but hope you enjoy the show!

D: I know your pain Nem - I just finished mine yesterday.

Back on track with business! I've already recieved a couple of bios already, and as soon as I have a couple more, I'll look to open up a Bios thread and Information thread. At this point I think it is safe to say we'll be going with Option 2, unless the rest of the players object strenuously. I will try and type up a more detailed synopsis of the beginning either this evening or over the weekend so the Anima's current situation is a bit clearer, how to kill vampires in this setting etc...
Violabelle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rav, I'm going to do my best to have my bio done by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not positive on this, and i really only just remembered this. But i may have a copy of all the bios of the main characters from the last version of VH.

I'll have to check on my laptop when i get home, i haven't been on it much lately. And there's no guarantee that i didn't delete the darned file when i was finished with it, or that it didn't go "down-with-the-ship" when my mac crashed at christmas. But i'll check and note you with your bio if i find them, or update this post if i can't find the file. Wink

Edit! FUZZY BUCKETS!!! i know i made one but it seems to have disappeared into the recesses of my macbook. i'll keep looking but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankees Vi! I look forward to it. Very Happy And thanks for having a look Fea; just let me know if you come across it. I'll get back to you soon on the archiving and backing-up.

So far, I've recieved bios from Space, Spindrifter (though I believe he may have to take a break from the RPGs?) and Fea. I'm currently waiting on Nem, Tinu, Mane, Lord Legion and Fable.

The next section is some information about our Anima team’s set-up; some of it is clarification to let the previous players know how things will have changed and some of it is scene setting information for the newer players. If there is anything I’ve forgotten, or any questions, just fire away. All of this will be going up again when I put up the Info thread.

Basic Information:

Quote:
- A man called Rhys Garrick has taken over as leader of the Anima. Before the Robesonia Attack, he was an Archivist (ie a researcher) for the Order, and who had been trying to get more information on vampires and their history to see if it could be exploited against them. He doesn’t join any of the teams out on patrols or missions, but over-sees a lot of organisation and planning, leaving missions to those with some field experience. The player-characters will bump into him quite a bit, and he will sometimes over-see very large missions via radio. Other NPCs will be introduced when the RPG opens.

- The Gloom is no longer an applicable Power choice as far as Holy Powers are concerned, but it will be making a come-back, albeit in a different format. Also, the players will encounter vampires of various power levels. Some being grunts with brute strength or brute speed, and others will be more powerful and much more resistant. Higher-level vampires will on occasion have abilities similar to Anima Powers, but the players are certainly not going to encounter enemies like this straight away, and not in any great number. It takes dedication and training for vampires to acquire their own powers and be able to use them to a great extent, so these enemies are few and far between (or boss characters in more common parlance.) More information on these powers will be available when the Information and Bio Threads go up.

What is known about the vampires:

Quote:

Ø Garlic does nothing to the vampires in this setting, except mildly amuse them. (Or repel their dates)

Ø Crosses repel them, but if physical contact is made can harm them. Bullets with crosses cut into them can kill a vampire.

Ø They cannot enter sacred or holy ground/buildings. They can enter some churches and temples etc – the main matter is whether or not a presence of faith can be felt there.

Ø Holy water will burn them if it makes contact with their skin. If injected, they have an allergic reaction and go into anaphylactic shock in a matter of minutes.

Ø Fire will kill younger vampires, while it only seriously wounds older ones.

Ø A stake through the heart is certain death for a vampire. Cain cannot be killed via stake in the heart however.

Ø Decapitation will kill a vampire. Let’s refrain from doing that a lot though, because it’s a bit gory.

Ø Vampires will begin to turn to ash in the direct sunlight.

The following information is more plot exposure and world setting so the players can get more of a feel for the world the Hunters live in, however IT WILL NOT ALL BE REVEALED TO THE CHARACTERS UNTIL LATER. Anything that is non-character knowledge shall be high-lighted in dark blue.

Quote:
Since the Coup in 1991, Cain, the supposed leader and progenitor of the vampires has disappeared from public eye, leaving administration and politics to his Continental Successors and their lieutenants. No-one has seen him in these long years, bar a tiny inner cabal of his most trusted servants and he does not appear to take an active part in the vampire politics of the day. Most younglings have never even seen him, leaving some feeling slightly lost without their leader and lord.

While a number of other elder vampires have followed his lead in moving into seclusion, others have reappeared in the various courts, fascinated by the new world which has been presented to them by the 21st Century, and they decide to take advantage of these new chances.

Some resent Cain and his ilk taking into seclusion, whereas others have seen it as just another opportunity and made the decision to act by themselves, in particular to deal with the small pockets of human dissension which keep popping up.

Joyce is one these Princes who has decided to try and upset the status quo by bringing an old hand back into play in vampire politics. He has managed to uncover the whereabouts of a slumbering Elder known only as Lilith, and is bringing/has brought the Elder back to his seat of power.

There have been many whispers and rumours, some say that she was once a companion of Cain’s when she was awake, others that she was his general. Regardless of what her previous position within vampiric society, there is no doubt that she is a creature of power and a force to be reckoned with… As soon as she wakes up.

Once her being and nature is revealed to the Hunters in the subsequent chapters, it will be their goal to take down Joyce and his cabal, and vanquish Lilith
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of clarifications come to mind: does the old thing about not crossing running water affect our vampires? Does the ash left behind reconstitute if exposed to blood?
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in. If I manage to survive the next week, at least. If we don't start until next Monday or so, I'll keep up.

Trickier though it is, dactylic hex of the epic-ish style:
"Alt" he is called and his reign is the fierce and the making of pretties.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your queries...

Space - Running water has no effect, and I've not heard of the blood ashes thing previously, so I'll say no. Though I will check it up in my encyclopedia when I get home, as I may have missed it. O_o

Spindrifter - I have the day off next Tuesday, so I imagine I will be putting up the first chapter then, providing I have all the bios in, though that maybe in the wee hours of the Monday for some of you. The next couple of weeks will be pretty hectic for me anyways, so don't worry - we won't be going at a break-neck pace.

If I have all the bios in by Thursday evening, then I'll open up a luverly little bio thread on Thursday and you can all plot inter-character things to your heart's content. Very Happy
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may only be a pratchett one - the vamps there regenerate from their ash, including the (slightly ill-advised) vampire photographer, who wears a vial of blood round his neck so that it;ll smash when the flash dusts him...
LordLegion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to have to do this, but I must bow out of this game. Life is getting really chaotic with finals coming up and the busy season hitting at work.

Lord Legion

I used to think everyday I didn't wake up and gargle a few rounds from a revolver was a victory, but little "golden" moments like this make me wonder, "A victory for who?"
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 9-12-2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravenna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the notice Legion; I will probably take on people during later chapters however, so don't worry if you would like to join later.

Just a quick round up of the bio list I'm waiting on:
PROVISIONAL PLAYERS - Ravenna (GM)

1. thespaceinvader - bio recieved
2. Spindrifter - bio recieved
3. Violabelle - waiting on bio
4. Feaelen - bio recieved
5. Nem - waiting on bio
6. Fable - waiting on bio
7. Tinu - waiting on bio?
8. Maeniel - bio recieved
9. ?
10. ?

Advance apologies if I am a little slow in replying to any posts in the next couple of days, but this week is supremely busy for me and I have a lot of work and other things that needs sorting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: