FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Bering RP - Bio Thread

Tomato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: The Bering RP - Bio Thread Reply with quote

The DSS Bering is a standard Type-A Columbus Class Steamship in the final stages of it's construction. Dytari CSS ints. is currently accepting applications for employment on this vessle.

Due to the nature of the current hiring field, some restrictions on applicants must be noted before applicants submit their entries.

1) Linaut are not to apply without the express concent of Dytari CSS ints.*

2) Sreekaanse are not to apply without the express concent of Dytari CSS ints.**

Positions Open:

Captain (1)
- Description of duties: Primary driver crew discipline, general decision making and leadership, sole owner of ship lease and responsibilities. Combat responsibilities include target declaration and confirmation.

First Mate (1)
- Description of duties: Secondary driver of crew discipline, general decision making, and leadership and also crew morale.

Communications Officer (1 - may combine with First Mate)
- Description of duties: Operate and Maintain ship communications.

Navigations Officer (1 - May combine with First Mate)
- Description of duties: Plot and navigate current course, record course data, cartograph uncharted areas.

Pilot (2)
- Description of duties: Maintain course given by navigator, maintain communications after relinquishment from Communications Officer.

Head Engineer (1)
- Description of duties: Tertiary leadership, responsibility, and discipline driver. Overseeing of general maintenance and operational status. Direct supervision of engineering crewmen.

Engineering Crewman (2)
- Description of duties: General Ship maintenance and operation, ship status.

Gunnary Sergeant (1)
- Description of duties: Weapons operation and maintenance, target assessment, secondary combat responsibility. Direct supervision of gunnary staff.

Gunnary Staff (2)
- Description of duties: Weapons operation and maintenance, secondary target assessement. Personal combat responsibility.

Medical Officer (1 - May be combined with other crew positions)
- Description of duties: Monitors and maintains crew mental and physical health, may override captain's decision in case of inability to lead.

Cook (2 - May be combined with other crew positions)
- Description of duties: Plans and prepares daily meals, target assessment, personal responsibility over galley.

The DSS Bering - Application for Employment

Position(s) Applying For:
Name:
Species:

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings:
Technical Experience:
Non-Technical Experience:

[Physical Description]
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:

(It is requested that applicants be as clear and specific as possible. There have been questions regarding the necessity of knowing a full physical description - including personal weight. These are necessary for calculating the total mass that the ship will be carrying, as well as other factors.)

((Yes, this is intended to be a bio thread. I'm playing around with a different style. Bear with me.))

*: I am limiting this because of the nature of this race. Quite frankly, I only want two linaut on board for now and I already have an idea of who this may be. This may change down the road, but for now... leave this one out.

**: Due to varied feedback recieved, this particular race is undergoing some adjustments. I'd wait until the next batch canonical updates before making your decision in this direction. If this is a complication for you, or you are interested in making an application as a member of this race, please notify me immediately.
Tomato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAMPLE APPLICATION.

Position(s) Applying For: Captain, First Mate, Communications Officer
Name: Jack Middleton
Species: Linaut
How you were referred to the company: A friend.

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Worked as First Mate on DSS Capricious
Technical Experience: Communications operations on DSS Capricious
Non-Technical Experience: First Mate on DSS Capricious, responsibilities included standard decision making, leadership, as well as maintaining crew morale.

[Physical Description]
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 160 Lbs. / 72.8 Kgs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Identifying Marks: Linaut ears, otherwise nothing. No tattoos, piercings, specific scars, or birthmarks.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll work a bio together ASAP - preliminarily, gunnery staff or pilot, combined with cook.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDITED

OFFICIAL APPLICATION

Position(s) Applying For: Cook, Medic
Name: Leah Gregory
Species: Human
How you were referred to the company: Saw it listed on the CSS job site.

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Cook - DSS Mercury, and three year-long contracts on smaller ships; Medic - worked in a hospital on station for five years before taking the ship-board contracts, medic there.
Technical Experience: Only those required for the galley and the infirmary - professional civilian kitchen and a ship's galley, hospital-quality infirmary and small infirmaries. I have surgical experience as well. With my gravity implant, three years of experience resulting in very fine control.
Non-Technical Experience: Everyone says I'm an excellent cook, and I've never lost a patient.

[Physical Description]
Height: 5"7
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Identifying Marks: Braid to the knees, always wrapped up around my head and pinned in place or otherwise gathered together. (In the kitchen, under a snood too) Also a gravity implant.

[I deleted my comment here that prompted Matoto's post.]

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.

Last edited by Asa on Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I'd rather answer your questions in... well, the Q & A thread, I think I understand what you're talking about.

You're not going to have to do much more than BS your way through this anyhow. I'm using alot of technical terminology, but honestly - I'm mostly making this up as I go along. Meaning - BSing is exactly what I'm doing already. Actually, I think that's generally what science fiction is about.

If you want a specific description of terminology, that's fine. Really, I'm not looking for someone who's got a detailed understanding of military science fiction. I'm looking for someone who wants to have a fun time on a 20's era space ship. If that's you, then make a character and sign on.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Position(s) Applying For: Pilot, Gunnery Officer, Gunnery Staff, cook
Name: Barry Gibbs
How you were referred to the company: the Captain of my previous vessel, and a good personal friend, Sir Horace Adams, recommended the vessel to me. He sends his letter of recommendation along with my application.

[Qualifications] Pilot, first class, frigates
Previous Postings: I have served as a frigate pilot under Capt Sir Horace Adams on the now decommissioned carrier Theseus since my passing out from the royal naval academy 10 years ago.
Technical Experience: As a qualified frigate pilot, I am experienced in piloting and short-range navigation, gun-laying and targeting and used to commanding small teams of able men. I am also trained for boarding and security actions and other forms of personal combat, as well as having boxed for my crew in internal tourneys.
Non-Technical Experience: I've cooked all my life, and am more than capable of organising meals for a small crew, though i have no formal qualifications in that field.

[Physical Description]
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 14st 8lb
Hair: brown, tarred in a shoulder-length queue
Eyes: brown
Identifying Marks: Service tattoo depicting the carrier Theseus's arms on right shoulder. Broken nose.
Sparrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Position(s) Applying For: First Mate/Comm/Navigation
Name: Jarvy Heit
How you were referred to the company: Roland Click, first mate DSS Ramen sends his recommendations.

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Engineering Sergeant 1st Rank DSS Ramen (1 year), Engineering Sergeant DSS Milo (6 months), Engineering Staff DSS Milo(3 mo), Gunnery Staff DSS Milo(9 mo).

Technical Experience: Proficient in all current operating systems of ArcComm, and PATHfinder, as well as ships' internals. Passing qualifications of 1st Rank Officer's Training, Passing Qualifications of Navigation Techniques, and Honors qualifications of Engineering Theory.

Non-Technical Experience: Summer camp councilor for Botanical Gardens of Tinje (7 years), Cultivator of BGoT(5 years), cat-sitter (6 years - present)

[Physical Description]
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 140 ES lbs
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Hazel
Identifying Marks: 2 piercings in each ear

(*ES = Earth standard :D )

Last edited by Sparrow on Sun May 18, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tomato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Basics]
Position(s) Applying For: Captain.
Name: Jameson Frederick Eisner
How you were referred to the company: Garilius Gygaxi, Experimental Accounting Pseudoprime Second Class, Financial Forecast and Advisory Team, Dytari CSS ints.

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings:

USS Anadyr Captain for 4 months
USS Anadyr First Mate for 1 year
USS Columbus Night foreman during construction
USS Salem First Mate for 5 years
USS Damascus Pilot for 4 years

Technical Experience: Up to current on all major ComSens packages, helped redesign Columbus class reentry and post vector flight controls

Non-Technical Experience: First Mate proficient in leadership, decision making, and especially discipline.

[Physical Description]
Height: 62
Weight: 182 lbs. / 82.5 Kilos.
Hair: Light Brown/Brown
Identifying Marks: Non readily visible.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I totally dig the "ES" notation for age, I'm borrowing that if you don't mind Sparrow...))

Position(s) Applying For: Gunnery Sergeant, Gunnery Staff, Engineering Crewman
Secondary Duties Requested: Janitorial
Name: Damien Raude
How you were referred to the company: Sol Bulletin Board Service - Job Postings

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: USS Adams (never flew due to budget cuts)
Technical Experience:
1) USMC Basic Military Training
2) Gunnery Marksman Grade
3) USMC TAD/STSMD (Target Aquisition and Destruction, Sun Tzu School of Military Discipline) , Honors
4) USMC ADMT (Advanced Defensive Munitions Training)
1) Prior to USMC, served as Janitor in a Universal Bottlers warehouse.

[Physical Description]
Height: 5'11" (180cm)
Weight: 165lbs (75kg)
Hair: Black
Identifying Marks: White streak through left side of hair; Scar leading from lower portion of left ear to back of skull, toward spinal cord; Additionally, a small scar and deformation of right eyebrow.

((Tomato, I was unsure if what we spoke of in PM should be listed on a general application. Perhaps a background check would turn it up? I am more than happy to draw up his background and PM it to you. As a D&D GM once told me... "To a player, it's background. To a GM, it's blackmail." Also never got a final reply back from you, so I assumed if I tweaked it as you said it would be fine. Let me know, aye?))

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Position(s) Applying For: Head Engineer
Name: Thieli feae Kinyongia Karroicum [called Thieli]

Species: Sreekaanse
How you were referred to the company: Matron Marsabitensis feae Brookesia Karroicum

[Qualifications]

Previous Postings: Head Engineer for 3 yrs aboard Matron Marsabitensis feae Brookesia Karroicum's brood ship.

Technical Experience:

Head Engineer for 3 yrs aboard Matron Marsabitensis feae Brookesia Karroicum's brood ship.
Junior Engineer for 3yrs aboard Matron Marsabitensis' secondary ship.

As Head engineer expected to keep ship running, keep crew on their goals and bring honour to the Matron
As Junior engineer expected to learn all skills of Head engineer, keep self on goals and bring honour to the Matron.

[Physical Description]

Height:
5' 2
Weight:
120 pounds
Hair:
none
Eyes:
black with golden inner rim and orange/red outter rim
Identifying Marks:

[will get the back story to you tonight-ish]

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rolaoi

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomato was nice enough to approve my bio. I only joined and found this RP recently. I hope to have fun and show myself a good Rper.

Position(s) Applying For: Engineering crewman, Gunnery staff
Name: Johanna "Hanna" von Sachsen
How you were referred to the company: Cpt Erwin Zimmerman, a friend of my father and previous employer

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: The Freighter Bremen Fourth Engineer 3 years
Technical Experience:
Engineering School-2 years
Bremen where I picked up a specialty for electrical engineering-3 years Required training with local militia in artillery, marching, first-aid, and handling small arms-2 months
Non-Technical Experience: Classical Education, repairing and maintaining family or friend owned sea-born ships, hunting trips, won 2 local rifle competitions

[Physical Description]
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 147lb.
Identifying Marks: A French braid that falls to the shoulder. A single piercing in each ear. There's a small scar on her left calf. She has an electrical implant.
Fame~Citzen Cope

Nom d'amour~ Rolex
theBSDude

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Basics]
Applicant Position: Security Officer, Cook
Name: Mitch Larsen
How you were referred to the company: Personally recruited by Capt. Jameson Eisner

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Security Chief aboard DSS Tacoma
Technical Experience: Graduated from Police Academy in Seattle, WA; Black belt in Shudokan Karatedo
Non-Technical Experience: Advanced student of Linaut Implant Combat, Novice of Sreekaanse Unarmed Combat, Some knowledge of Spanish, Limited knowledge of Japanese, Linaut, and Sreekaanse, Informal culinary training, Varsity wrestler and boxer in high school

[Physical Description]
Height: 6
Weight: 165
Hair: Black/dark brown, bleached
Eyes: Hazel
Identifying Marks: Cross tattoo on inside of right forearm, short beard, bleached hair, muscular, Gravitational Implant

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Basics]
Position(s) Applying For: Pilot or Gunnery
Name: Dakota Jameson
How you were referred to the company: Saved by the Bering crew

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Pilot and 2nd gunner aboard the Coerine
Technical Experience: 6 years active duty with the Lucerio Lucen*
Non-Technical Experience: Armed combat (proficient with most guns and dual knife-fighting), unarmed combat, tracking, hunting, cooking, distilling

[Physical Description]
Tall and lanky of build, with sun-bleached blonde hair kept typically in a braid that falls to her hip, and light green eyes. Skin is a dark tan and lightly freckled.
Identifying Marks: Black tribal tattoos banding her arms and legs, along with a large, also black, tribal sun design spanning her shoulders.
(pic found here > Dakota )

[Backstory]
Born and raised in the Australian outback by her anthropologist parents and the aboriginal tribe they lived with. She is laid back and friendly, with an open, sunny disposition and a healthy dose of mischievousness to keep things interesting. At 18 she left her family to join with the Lucerio Lucen*, in the hopes of raising a very large sum of money far quicker than she would have otherwise earned with the Company. Six years later and she's still with the pirates, though she's beginning to wonder why...

*fancy-pants space pirate rebels

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sailorscully

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Position(s) Applying For: Engineer (Electro-mechanical)
Name: Blakely Tesla
How you were referred to the company: have been with the company for a time, now; worked on board two other ships, after being recruited from the Government Corps. of Mechanics in the United States.

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Mechanic/engineer-upgrader at the New York site of the Gov. Corps. of Mechanics; ship's mechanic/engineer on board the DSS SEWARD and the DSS VALYKRIE.

Technical Experience: 5 years of physics/mechanics study at various facilities including Oxford University; 4 years experimental work on automobiles and airships in New York City

Non-Technical Experience: Proficient in basic weaponry. Knowledge of (and willingness to play) basic sports.

[Physical Description]
Height: 5'10
Weight: 160 lb
Hair: blond
Eyes: hazel
Identifying Marks: a gear tattooed on left shoulder blade; electrical implant (have had since age 24). Scar from a machining accident; a gear-chain came loose and struck me in the back of the leg, leaving a six-inch line of small circular scars.[/i]

Don't let my dragon die! Sad clickie?

Dubbed Skipper by Asa
Sailorscully = sailor = pirate = scupper = Skipper
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assigned Post: Transport guard for special equipment and installation personnel
Name: Samantha Schoss
How you were referred to the company: Originally via job posting on Earth.

[Qualifications]
Previous Postings: Member of the Einheiter, a recently formed German special forces unit, rank Leutnant; personal bodyguard of Blakely Tesla on board the DSS SEWARD, DSS VALKYRIE.

Technical Experience: 4 years of Human Linguistics at Oxford, 6 months of specialised training for the Einheiter (including officer training) + 2.5 years service, additional Contractor bodyguard training

Non-Technical Experience: Basic medical skills, mechanical skills, leadership capability

[Physical Description]
Height: 67 inches/170 cm
Weight: 170 lbs/77.1 kg
Hair: Brown, lengthy, straight
Eyes: Dark Blue
Identifying Marks: Dark brand-style tattoo of the Einheiter coat of arms on the back of her right hand, extension of the coat of arms, six thorn vines twining up her arm to her shoulder.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: