FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Willow Theories!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
spawnofjaws

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were close, it's "kidnapee"...
Keeper of Oliblish and Teh Poodle Stick....
[/url]
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I'm just not willing to discuss bodily excrements Very Happy
Anyway, I was thinking a bit more over my theory and something came to me. We know that denizens of planets have small amounts of the planets elements within them, and that it is this that draws the released element to them and causes formation of soulstone. And, baisic physics and logic tells us that if all element resonates, even this small amount of base elements has to resonate. It's resonance would be so slight, as if to be nearly nonexistant, but I do wonder myself, would be too slight to affect the resonance of the soulstone, if it is placed artificially. The more I think about it, the more plausible it seems. So, if we follow my theory, Willow was drawn bt ES before Bel could finish his work on her, but her, for lack of better term 'elemental resonance' is not in sync with ES's because of trace element's of her homeplanet, thus she is not, at pressent, danger to ES, but she has enough of ES element within herself, as to safely touch manifest stone. What do you guys think?
On the off note, I failed to notice where did Willow negate elemetal power, can anyone direct me?
Deacon Aegis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Moons and Eves? Reply with quote

New to the forum, first post, and I hope you'll forgive me for jumping right in on what is already a hot and broadly debated mystery here, however I beg your patience at my indulgence... That said, I've read the theories that suggest Willow may be of the Sidera and this appeals to me as a possibility and likely based on what lore we currently have available to us.

I'd like to present another possible theory that I've not yet seen, though may have been previously presented and of which I may have missed. The first theory I have acknowledges that so far all of the children possessing a soulstone are of habitable (life bearing) planets. Perhaps though a moon, such as Luna, which has been revered and worshiped through the ages has somehow mysteriously created an "Eve" of its own... One such as this has never been seen before to my knowledge and though this may be a remote possibility, the ethereal appearance of Willow does remind me of a Lunar albedo. Granted, a planet wishing to create a sentient life must receive instruction from the Alpha Planets, however the face of a moon is present during the creation of this life. Is it possible a celestial moon observed this sacred process and choose to act on its own without the knowledge of the Alpha Planets? If such was the case is it not possible that Willow may not require the same environment other life does to subsist?

I have a couple more theories I'm toying with, but I need a tad more info yet to really postulate them, so I'll keep with this concept for the moment as one of a few viable potentials. I do like the Sidera theory most at the moment, however I thought I'd put this out there for grins.

Peace,
Deacon Aegis
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, welcome to the forums Deacon! If you're interested, there's an introduction forum where I can post a bit of a guide to the forums, if you'd like. Smile

In regard to the Willow theory...that's an interesting one. I hadn't thought of moons as being able to observe the planets, but that does make sense in it's own sort of way. The only problems I could see with that theory are the moon's surface itself. Part of creating an Eve is making the surface habitable, and (as far as we know) there aren't habitable moons in our Solar System. Not to say there aren't elsewhere, however.

...and if you're going to give possibility to habitable moons in the universe, then this theory gains a lot of credibility...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
GrizzlyNightmare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Bel and Earthsong, during their battle, unwittingly created Willow. Earthsong's Eve remained unborn, and during the battle where she disappeared for a moment, she was weakened and thus lost her ability to keep the Eve locked in a trance-like state.

[b](point where element mixed)
http://www.earthsongsaga.com/comic-redux3/redux106.html
[/b]

As Bel's rays touched the soulstone, some of his element mingled with that of ES's, but not long enoguh to fully implant itself in her manifest stone. The ES/Bel elements created during the battle, like mixed up a small fraction of their elements together possibly creating a compound. ES was too pure to absorb the elements, but it mized with her Eve, Willow. Red + Blue Enough of the Bel element was in her so ES wouldn't recognize her, and Bel may not even know Willow is his, so Willow may be the first being with TWO parents. ES wouldn't recognize her because she essentially sprang from 2 different planets, not one. She has her mother's eyes + shyness and her father's temper.

Since she came from two planets, she may have the ability to touch both manifest stones without exploding. Also, since she is not made of exactly the same element as either of the two, but a mixture/compound, it is possible that her future offspring won't steal too much elements from Earthsong's planet. They may be able to control the influence of the elements on them more, so Bel won't have total control over her.

Since Bel has been poluted by elements from all kinds of planets as he used soulstones to strengthen his core, Willow might be able to have a little of everything. I also think Willow may have the ability to sap powers from other beings, neutralize them since she came from such polar opposites, or combine random elemental resonances/elements together to form new powers. This may make her more connected to the stars than planets, because the Sideran can manipulate elements, especially if a little of their combined elements traveled to her being as well during the time when Nanashi healed Earthsong's manifest stone. I think this may be plausible becuase this may have sparked Earthsong's core and her unborn fetus to be born also giving her slight abilities of the Stars, but that's a stretch.

This can explain why Willow doesn't have a remnant, because she was just created, and why she knows about Griffins. She may recognize Bel too. She also felt sympathetic to Bel during her conversation with ES. She could unconsciously feel for him too, and may feel like she remembers him. Since he has more experience with children, Eves, and playing with other plantet's elements, he may realize what happened when they finally meet. His lack of knowledge explains why he didn't really struggle to get Willow. If he knew what transpired, he would have really wanted her on his side and/or tried to manipulate her through his trace elements in her while she was in the Haven. This way Bel's reaction would create a lot os suspense and be an interesting twist in the story. There are a lot of hints in the story that I haven't mentioned that point to this as a posible conclusion. I wonder if Lady Yates would be thinking "right on!" or "the cyclops theory was better."

As a side note, I loved how Nanashi beat Bel's nonexistant but!http://www.earthsongsaga.com/comic-redux3/redux113.html
And yes, I'm a noob. Go easy on me.
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrizzlyNightmare wrote:
I think that Bel and Earthsong, during their battle, unwittingly created Willow. Earthsong's Eve remained unborn, and during the battle where she disappeared for a moment, she was weakened and thus lost her ability to keep the Eve locked in a trance-like state.

As Bel's rays touched the soulstone, some of his element mingled with that of ES's, but not long enoguh to fully implant itself in her manifest stone. The ES/Bel elements created during the battle, like mixed up a small fraction of their elements together possibly creating a compound. ES was too pure to absorb the elements, but it mized with her Eve, Willow. Red + Blue Enough of the Bel element was in her so ES wouldn't recognize her, and Bel may not even know Willow is his, so Willow may be the first being with TWO parents. ES wouldn't recognize her because she essentially sprang from 2 different planets, not one.

That's an interesting theory. Unfortunately, it has the same drawback as the one I posted myself a while ago:

Earthsong couldn't have made an "incomplete" Eve, because she hadn't recieved the instructions how to do that from the Alpha-Planets yet.

GrizzlyNightmare wrote:
She has her mother's eyes + shyness and her father's temper.

I think Willow's temper is much more similar to Earthsong's than to Bel's. Bel is cold and cynic, trait's we haven't seen Willow exhibit so far.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
GrizzlyNightmare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would still be awesome if she was related to both of them, though.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, that seems sort of... incestuous to me.

Which brings about another question, can different races cross-breed?

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asa wrote:
Can different races cross-breed?

Interesting question ... but probably one better suited for the Cosmology thread.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: 'w i s t f u l' apparently = 'stale toast ferments uniquely' Reply with quote

Well, all interesting theorisms, and I will say that I am of the opinion of Willow being Earthsong's Eve. For the most part. But I will cover that later.

The one thing that really sealed the thought for me as a primary theory was that Willow clearly had never been encountered before (as a race). Also, we know next to nothing about the actual Eve creation process, so it is entirely a possibility that she was created accidentally/passively (out of a whim from Earthsong's wistful mind). Other possibilities in the implication of Willow being Earthsong's Eve include the Sidera themselves, which factors in due to the fact that we don't know how Eves are created. The Sidera have a tendency to speak only when it's direly necessary, and Willow's existence doesn't strike me as something that they feel to be paramount. To address a note that I'm sure will be mentioned in rebuttal, there is no mention of the creation of an Eve for a planet *has* to be performed by the planet, only that it is the norm for a planet to be the creator of said Eve.

Now then, other theories that I will support second-hand to Willow being Earthsong's Eve:

Deacon's point about moons being a succinct possibility. The reason I don't support it primarily is mainly because of no allusions to the point within the story as of yet. Whether that changes later remains to be seen.

Similar to my point about the Sidera being the creators of Earthsong's Eve, the Sidera may do many things that they choose not to inform the planets about. Willow may well be a product of the Sidera, created with a purpose mysterious to even herself. I don't back this theory particularly strongly because it seems to me that children of the Sidera are indeed the planets themselves. But that's just me.

There might have been more for me to say, but it has slipped my mind, likely to be remembered while doing something completely unrelated to webcomics or computers.

Now Playing: Boston - Cool The Engines

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not Willow is Earthsong's Eve, I think it's a safe bet the Sidera had a major role in her appearance.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
electricpanda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: 'w i s t f u l' apparently = 'stale toast ferments uniqu Reply with quote

Claen'tor wrote:
Also, we know next to nothing about the actual Eve creation process, so it is entirely a possibility that she was created accidentally/passively (out of a whim from Earthsong's stale toast ferments uniquely mind) ... To address a note that I'm sure will be mentioned in rebuttal, there is no mention of the creation of an Eve for a planet *has* to be performed by the planet, only that it is the norm for a planet to be the creator of said Eve.

Actually, I believe that this has been jossed by tL - It's buried somewhere in the forums, but it's there. An Eve can only be created if a planet conciously wills it into being. Or something along that. Unless the Sidera pulled a whole 'Virgin Mary' stunt, I don't think she's Earthsong's.
Xolejh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is, Nanasha(if spelled right) was the hero before Willow came to be, and I'm not sure it won't be a while until that changes. Depends on what willow's power(s?) is.
SouL_DriNkeR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously mentioned by JackAce, it is quite plausible that some of Earthsong's element has escaped her core.

We also know that when element is in this state it seeks consciousness and collects around it.

However, it seems no one has ever considered if a consciousness seeking stray element could do the same thing.

Interestingly, Bel is one such consciousness: not only directly asking Sage for some of his, but asking of all the planets when he proposes he "rescue" the soulstone bearers, and of course chasing these soulstones down when they are denied to him.

So if JackAce's orginal idea (that some of ES's element has dispersed) is correct, it would make sense (and indeed be almost natural) if it were to find its way to good ol' Bel.

If my logic is sound, then it would seem that the "Bel makes ES's eve" theory seem very possible. Since we already know that Bel knows how to create eves and has access to some of ES's element.

However, I admit that I have no idea why Bel would do this. Nor can I explain how this event would alert ES to Willow's presence in the same way that the forming of a soulstone does.

Any other opinions on this?
ribbonwing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps the ability to touch the manifest stone is willows special ability?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: