FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Bering RPG Chapter 1.5: Maiden Voyage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
Author Message
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs collected an SMG and a pistol. He checked the weapons over thoroughly, loaded and safetied them automatically before he turned towards the airlock. He would be among the first in - he'd the training, the skill, and, he thought grimly to himself, was one of the few people on board who ought to be allowed in a situation like this. The captain, the Yank, and possibly the sreekaanse, he could stomach going into combat, but the women?

The first burst of fire rang through the airlock, but the crew were all well out of the firing line. "Give us covering fire." he said, hoping that he wasn't overstepping his authority. "Mr Raude, with me. Advance by twos, following our lead."

He would wait for a volley of covering fire before advancing to the nearest cover further down the corridor ahead, being sure to take a good look at his opposition on the way.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Italicized part taken from PM interaction and posted with GM's permission ^_^)

"To answer your question, ape, I was going to let you say goodbye to the other apes before I put them next to that insolent captain!" He hissed again, twisting the tips of his fingers into the veins on the side of her neck. For a lithe, fragile looking Linuat he was remarkably strong. And, from the small trail of blood that began leaking from his nose, he was probably not doing too well himself.

His next words were almost as intoxicating as wine. "You WILL do as I say. You WILL do as I order you to do, and I order you to accompany me to the bridge." Beginning to shake slightly, the gun in his hand rattled against the holster on his belt.

"NOW!"


Dakota choked, the sound coming out of her in a strangled rasp as his grip on her neck tightened and he flooded her head with that Linuat mind meld crap he'd been using all this time. 'Course it looked like it hurt him to do it, but at the moment she couldn't think clearly enough to pay much attention to that. Though she wanted to fight it, tried to fight it with every ounce of strength she had, in the end there was no resisting the strength of that command and she found herself turning, helplessly, towards the bridge even as the doors opened and she caught her first glimpse of the new crew, a helpless, desperate look sent towards those men and women before Sir was again muttering in her ear, urging her to move faster.

Then his hand was caressing her arm and she shuddered, the helplessness replaced by an expression of utter revulsion at the Linuat's touch. She wanted to break his face and go tribal on the miserable excuse of a creature, and yet all she could do was follow obediently along as he pulled her away from the fight and towards the bridge. She was going to kill him. If it was the last thing she did, she was going to kill this lousy dingo turd and make sure no one EVER had the chance to mess with her mind ever again.

One last look was cast back towards the door, hope and desperation in her eyes that the Bering crew would take down the rest of the pirates, and put an end to this.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3538
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah hung back, letting her gravity-enhanced senses flow along the walls of the staging area. As pirates began to fire at the crew, she shifted barrels by a fraction of an inch, added the tiniest bit of resistance to triggers, in general making it harder for them to aim and control their weapons. She had taken one of the stock pistols handed out by Captain Eisner, but it was still stashed in her belt - she didn't want to use it if she didn't have to.

Murmuring tehillim under her breath, she scanned the area for good guys or wounded and saw a Linaut dragging a shorter human out. The pain in the woman's eyes glowed from across the bay, tugging Leah's heart.


{{Okay... really lost as to how this works... basically I want her to go to the wounded crew members, but I don't know how that's going to work. Any suggestions? Anyone willing to take me under his/her wing and lead me through this?}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien took up position next to Gibbs as the captain prepared to open the door. He drew his sidearm, an ornately decorated M1911A1 sidearm, and held it toward the ground as he thumbed the safety. Gripping the weapon with both hands, he straightened his posture and nodded.

"Mr Raude, with me. Advance by twos, following our lead."

"On your right, then," he said simply.

Shifting his hands on the grip of the weapon, he tried to steady his breathing and focus. Bullets were already flying, and for his life he couldn't very easily tell which direction they were coming from. This should be...interesting, he thought.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieli's skin crawled as the hatch opened she shuddered as the stale air moved into their area and equalized. Things like this were always unpleasant given her acute sense of smell, but anyone who glanced at Thieli would notice her entire stance stiffen as her nostrils flared.

Her hand settled on her stick like weapon and she nearly flicked it into a hook as she muttered a single word under her breath "Krah-bahn!".

Snapping back to herself, Thieli quickly assessed the location of the pirates and sniffed the air more thoroughly determining the direction of the scent. She flicked an eye to glance at the Captain and said curtly, "I'll deal with the engine room."

As she finished the statement Thieli quickly jumped up onto the overhead piping swinging up and out of the way, dodging between the pipes there as she ran towards the engine room.

As she passed over a pirate free her hand grabbed her stick and leaned down and with a flick of her wrist the blade snapped quietly into a hook-shaped blade that terminated just below 'his' neck. She pulled up, then snapped the blade back into it's stick form and continued on her mission to the Engine room not bothering to wait and see the damage. She had some unfinished business to deal with there.

((OCC Krah-bahn! = traitor))
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silence seemed to gather in a physical mass, as Gibbs and Damien moved into position. Eisner pushed himself up against the edge of a wall, Thompson cradled in his arms. Eisner glanced to the two men, then to the women waiting behind them, and nodded. All at once, the world exploded into chaos.

Eisner pivoted, swinging the Thompson into the doorway at the edge of the airlock. As he did so, he held down the trigger and let bullets fly in a large arc from side to side. Even as he did, Thieli was already on her way overhead and through the upper edge of the doorway. Missing the bullets in a carefully timed swing, the Sreekaanse swung herself around the corner in quick movements. The pirate she dropped upon never had a chance to react.

Had the pirate made a noise, it was drowned out by the constant growl of the Thompson. Bullets continued to pound the walls of the hallway intersection, making anything they would have said completely mute. The hail of lead also smashed into what few light fixtures had been in the immediate hallway, blanketing the area in darkness. Only the repeating flashes from the muzzle of the Thompson cast a light into the next room, and even then stretching long shadows across the crates and barrels that provided cover.

Gibbs and Damien moved forward, taking cover as the Thompson's rounds silenced. Eisner sunk back into the airlock to replace the ammunition drum, leaving their covering fire silent for the moment. As Doctor Gregory moved closer to the Tacoma through all this, she would sense the gradual change in the gravitic forces affecting the ships. Within the Tacoma, and stronger as they neared the pirate vessel, the gravity forces hammering away at her implant would become smoother and less harsh. Almost like going from a jackhammer on the street, to a lone cello player in a pub.

Mitch would see the lights go out, sparks and flashes coming from the hallway at the top of the stairs, and then some sort of... creature descending as if from the darkness. The creature swung from the pipes along the ceiling, burying some sort of weapon nearly a full foot into the upper torso of one of the pirates. Mitch watched the man drop, and the other pirate begin firing wildly into the ceiling where the creature had just been.

There was a gentle breeze as the predator swept by Mitch's head, and moved quickly on toward the engine room. Behind him, the medical ward was safe and Berkham was loading the rest of the crew into the escape pod. He had seen the tall, too-pretty-to-be-real man lead a woman away by the wrist as Mitch exited the medical ward. Now there was fighting, and from the sounds of it more humans were entering the ship to fight the pirates.

On the opposite end of the stairway and hallway, Dakota was being led into the bridge amid the sound of sub machine gun fire and lights shattering. The doors slid shut behind them, and the two heavily armed pirate commandos took stride on either side of the door.

"The code has been cracked, human. Do your job, or you can join the captain of the Tacoma," the tall man said. None of the sultry allure to his voice was present, only the dry tone of someone who was in a hurry. His eyes cast toward the captain's body at the front of the bridge, with a single large caliber bullet hole in the center of the forehead.

Elsewhere on the bridge, the only two other humans without weapons were huddled behind two consoles on the bridge. One was a tall, broad-shouldered man with sandy hair and emerald eyes. His hand was wrapped tightly in a bandage, a tiny bit of blood still had managed to seep through. Next to him was a mouse of a woman, with large glasses and unkempt curly hair. Her brown eyes matched her brown hair, making her look all the more mouse-like. Both of them wore plainclothes jumpsuits that resembled the armor of the pirate commandos.

-*-*-

As Thieli burst into the engine room, the smell of a fellow Sreekaanse grew much stronger, seemed to permeate the entire room. All of the lights were out in the room, though that seemed to matter little considering that half of the wall was gone. Most of the hull had been torn away by some sort of impact, and now a hastily welded hull plate was all that separated them from vacuum.

The air was thin here, and the low gravity in the rest of the ship seemed worst of all here. Several large pieces of engine seemed to wash back and forth in an invisible current, and centered among them stood a Sreekaanse male. The male stretched up to his full height, adjusting the final settings on a very large detonator, attached to an even larger cylinder with bright yellow markings.

When Thieli entered, the male sniffed a few times and turned. Glistening in the near darkness, the light that only a Sreekaanse could see stood out in brilliant neon glow against a backdrop of dark ink. Glowing, almost glaring back at her, was the burned flesh and branded mark of a traitor. And, worse yet, the rest of the markings confirmed what her nose had told her.

This Sreekaanse was of her brood.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs began to take the plunge. He kept his fire disciplined as he advanced down the corridor, taking refuge behind the meagre protection of the support stanchions holding the ship together. He put down tight pairs of shots towards the foe each time he stopped. This would allow Raude to leapfrog past him, find cover, and do the same, until they arrived at their destination, or the enemy died. he had to trust that the remainder of the crew were behind him. he couldn't take the time to check in the middle of a firefight.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theBSDude



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 1800
Location: The boring part of Washington

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took Mitch's sleep-starved brain a few seconds to identify the shadow of a female Sreekaanse wielding a traditional weapon. The weapon's name escaped him, but its function and practice-forms appeared clearly in his memory.

"*Friend! Sister!*" He called after her.

Now that the end was in sight, he was feeling his exaustion more than ever.
I might actually survive.

Huh.

_________________
...In accordance with the prophesy.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the pull of his voice keeping her docile Dakota wanted desperately to just strangle the life out of him with her bare hands, since he'd forced her to discard all her other, more effective weapons. But then she caught sight of the other two humans, and the man's bandaged hand, and the fight went out of her. The linuat had said he'd kill them if she didn't behave, and while she could forfeit her own life... she couldn't be responsible for the deaths of innocents.

"Fine. And while I'm at it, why don't you and yer boys there do me the favor of jumpin' out've the airlock, a'right?" She sauntered slowly over to one of the control consoles, taking her time and delaying as much as she could get away with. There has to be something I can do, some way to corrupt the data, maybe? Code some kind of self-destruct into it, or a homing signal, or... or... "Crammit!" She cursed under her breath. Flying a ship, she could do. Moving like a ghost, she could do. But programming? She might as well have decided to do open heart surgery, it was equally beyond her scope.

"I, uh, I'll need Lourenne's assistance with this..." The girl knew a lot more about all this tech stuff, maybe she'd be able to figure something out.
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~*~The Hallway~*~

The first of Eisner's bullets had impacted mostly random wall panels, a few ceiling tiles. Nothing important, at first. As Gibbs and Raude advanced, and their opponents returned fire, several things started to take damage. A hydraulic line ruptured, spewing pressurized fluid across the main hallway and covering it in a slick grime. Steam pipes began to fall victim to lead slugs, blasting the area with steam and making targets harder to even see. As Eisner struck another clip into the feeder with his palm, the yellow lights began to flash in the main hallway. What few systems the ship had were losing power, and soon she would be dead in the water.

Bullets ricocheted past Gibb's head, sparking on metal piping. Another volley struck a steam line, sending hot air into the corridor. The steam blocked most of the view behind Gibbs and Raude, but their pressure forward dropped the remaining guard where Thieli had just disappeared around the corner.

An oddly decorated commando, with brighter strips of blue and yellow along his heavy armor, growled in frustration. He fired another volley of automatic fire into the mist. For a reward, Captain Eisner cried out in pain and ducked around the corner again. Eisner's Thompson clattered to the ground noisily, quickly accompanied by the metallic scent of a fresh injury.

"How can humans be routing you?! Stand you gr-" the slightly brighter decorated commando shouted from his position. His orders were interrupted mid-sentence by a tight burst from Gibb's weapon. The large man stumbled back, clutching the large caliber dents left in his heavy armor. Another burst slammed into him and knocked him further back, pinning him against the far wall. Coughing weakly, the man leaned into the wall only to receive a third, final round that finally punched through the armor. He dropped hard.

"Fall back to the bridge!" cried a much more shrill voice.

Almost immediately, the return fire stopped. Footsteps could be heard heading in the same direction as the tall, beautiful man and the woman who he had been holding hostage. The main hallway was, for all they could tell, secured.

~*~The Bridge~*~

Now visibly vexed, the tall blond strode the few steps toward Lourenne angrily. His hand wrapped around her upper arm, knuckles gripping tightly. Lourenne opened her mouth to cry out, but was cut short as she was practically thrown to Dakota.

"Get it done!" the man bellowed, leveling his large sidearm at the smaller of the two women. Dakota would have clearly been able to tell it wasn't a well placed aim, it would have been messy and painful... for Lourenne.

"Sir, they've overrun the main hallway!" gasped out one of the retreating pirate commandos.

There were only a few of the fighters in the bridge now, not even enough to crew a ship this size. Of the two who retreated, only one of them looked to be in good shape. In much worse shape than any of his comrades, the second retreating pirate clutched his stomach and was audibly wheezing. Bullet holes and dents riddled his armor along the shoulders and chest, and much deeper dents leading into holes were set into his stomach.

"We have to consider using the escape raft on the bridge, and having the Silverfish pick us up." The healthier of the hallway commandos urged the leader.

Turning to face the two of them, the man's eyes narrowed to slits. "Retreat?" He asked, with venom in his voice.

With a lightning fast twist of his body, the tall blond man snapped his large handgun up and leveled it's barrel with the retreating pirate's faceplate. There was a moment's hesitation - on the part of the pirate - and then the man fired. Twice. The first round smashed into the faceplate and shattered the outter armor, before sparking off of the mesh beneath it and ricocheting away. The second round smashed into the faceplate and plunged through it, exposing bright blue eyes and the soft features of a woman.

She fell to the ground like a ragdoll.

"We do not retreat. Get to work!" he again bellowed, turning to return his aim to Lourenne's side.
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Asa



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 3538
Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leah flinched involuntarily as the machine gun took out the lights, and moved along the wall toward the hallway. She had a neat trick she could do to 'see' in the dark - she could throw out a tight beam of altered gravity and sense when the strain on it changed. The greater the change, the bigger the object. So she maneuvered around boxes and bins with relative ease, if not speed, during pauses in the gunfire. People she assumed to be pirates, and flung them out of the way, into the hold. Eventually she reached the crate nearest the doorway, and crouched between it and the hull, breathing hard. That was a lot more stress on her implant than she normally used, and it showed. Now she had to figure out a way to get through the open space, down the hall, find the no doubt wounded crew members, and bring them aid, all while keeping herself alive. Simple.


{{Right, so I kind of made that up as I went along. I don't want to turn her into a weakling dependent on stronger warrior-types, but I doubt her forging ahead like that was a good idea. Please help me fix this post? And, does anyone want to throw their lot in with Leah with the objective of getting to Mike and the rest?}}
_________________
Self-styled Forum Grandmother, because I hand out nicknames and hugs whether you want them or not. ^_^

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
__________________
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thespaceinvader



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 650
Location: Cardiff, UK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Move it up. Let's press home our advantage."

Gibbs followed the retreating foe. He would place shots against them had he the opportunity, but otherwise, he would follow them to the door of the bridge, and wait there for reinforcements, taking shelter behind the door frame.
_________________
Keeper of Tristram's rings, and Felucca's very expressive ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshine



Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 592
Location: Up in the Clouds

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota caught Lourenne as the young woman was roughly shoved to her by "Sir", the linuat captain. She wound her arm around the girl's shoulders, giving it a squeeze in an attempt to be reassuring.

"Sorry I ain't been 'round the last few days. Been a little... busy, y'might say." Cavalier to the end, Dakota sent Lourenne a conspiratorial wink and a quick grin, then directed both their attentions towards the console. "Right then," Her voice dropping the lowest pitch she could possibly manage while still having Lourenne hear her, "What we need to do here is-"

Her words were cut off by the arrival of what remained of the linuat commandos and she turned, head swiveling sharply to see what was going on behind them. Hope lit once again in her eyes as she realized she could practically count the number of surviving pirates on one hand. She turned back to Lourenne, again leaning in close and speaking as softly as possible.

"Can you program together a bundle of raw, fake data to look like it's legit? Doesn't have to be fancy, if that wombat's arse makes it out of here at all he's gonna be in too much a rush to take a close look before we're too far away for him to do anything about it."
_________________
I do commissions!
Interested? Let me know! :D

My deviantART page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Feaelen



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 257
Location: The pink Vortex of Doom (aka Victoria, BC)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Thieli passed over one of the cowering humans in her haste she heard him call out a standard Sree greeting of friendship, she let a low series of clicks pass from her mouth to acknowledge the greeting and indicate her haste, as she didn't stop. She hoped the human would survive the coming fight, she'd be interested to see what other customs he knew about.

Thieli growled low in her throat as her suspicions were confirmed and she assessed the damages to the engine room. A predatory grin alighted her her face as she assessed this Krah-bahn, the spines on the top her her head raised to signal combat pose as she fluidly pulled out her weapon and flicked it into a wicked looking long straight blade.

As she moved in an aggressive stance towards her advicary, Theili spoke. "Eem'l mehl neen hah-thell eil leen sare-egg lohth ile leen feair teh-loo Krah-bahn!" Before she even finished the statement she attacked moving quickly towards her adversary, using the reduced gravity to her advantage as she aimed her sword in a quick swipe at her opponents side before dancing away to assess the damage before pouncing again.

It was lucky there were no humans to witness the attack as it would illustrate just how much of a predator her species was and why many still look upon her kind with fear.


((OOC rough translation of her statement "I'll love my sword making your blood blossome in your mortal doom Traitor!" Explination: to the Sree their family ties are a form of immorality to them as this one betrayed the family and was labeled as a traitor there would be no "immortality" for him as his line of the family would die with him.))
_________________
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Thieli WIP

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenshi



Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 2594
Location: Star Stuff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(My apologies, an unexpected (by me) snowstorm knocked out the satellite dish late last night. Just now getting the internet back up. Who wants a small novel? Very Happy There's a section for each character.)

~*~ Hallway ~*~

Gibbs would be the first to reach the corner, round it, and chase after their retreating foes. Their speed was hampered by debris (otherwise known as "junk") lining the corridor here as well. With military precision, Gibbs managed to pound a few more slugs into them as they retreated. Most of his shots ricocheted away and into the walls, but a few of them found purchase in the damaged armor. A very few, even, punctured the outer shell with a sickening crunch, echoed only by the sharp inhalation of breath from the larger of the two targets. As the larger fell the smaller of the two grabbed the first by their shoulders, and drug them through the few feet to the bridge.

The door twisted, large metal halves gliding closed quickly. Locking mechanisms clicked into place, and a red light appeared above the door. In the aftermath, silence sunk into the hallway quickly. Echoes of gunfire still rang in their heads, leaving the scene an eerie sight with only the red light penetrating the darkness. Long shadows cast darkness past the overturned crates and barrels in the hallway, weaving between strips of dark crimson.

Raude slid behind one of the nearby crates, putting his back up to it. With a practiced motion he thumbed the clip release, and pocketed the empty metal shell. While he fumbled for his next clip out of a myriad of pockets, he cast an adrenaline-filled grin toward Gibbs.

"Nice shooting. I doubt they believed our forty-fives would puncture their armor. The old adage rings true.." he paused, quickly palming another clip into the handle of his weapon. Gripping the slide between thumb and forefinger, he drew it back hard and fast. Another round entered the chamber, and he toggled the safety to 'on'. "Learn something new every day."

~*~ Hallway (also) ~*~

Opposite the two men, Leah was crouched along one wall of the loading area. The strain of her implant being used more as a crude bludgeoning tool than a fine knife threatened her with a headache. Luckily enough, with the Tacoma's energy completely out she found none of the negative effects of artificial gravity. Since they weren't floating, it must have been a much smoother system from the pirate vessel.

The corner loomed ahead of her, exposing a hallway to her left. In the relative darkness, she could barely make out the furthest wall. Red and yellow lights continued to expose only modest outlines of objects. Her system of using an object's mass to "see" was working well, if being a bit taxing.

Ahead, around the bend, she would be able to "see" two more people crouched at the foot of the stairs. Something was different about their mass, these two were quite obviously not as heavy or solid as the pirates had been. Even the smallest of the pirates felt as if made of steel to her, their armor all but reflecting her implant's focus back at her. These two, crouched at the base of the stairs like frightened children, felt much more human to her extended touch.

More importantly, they were breathing. Thieli had left them breathing, as she passed. Were Leah creeping toward the corner at all, she would have come across the two that Thieli had not left breathing. A limp arm stretched out around the corner, it's owner resting with his back against the wall on the other side. No amount of armor against ballistics had saved him from the Sreekaanse' wicked blade.

~*~ More Hallway ~*~

Silence began to settle back into the darkness that came over the top of the stairs. Distantly, Mitch could hear the sound of a very human .45 being reloaded. There was some talking, but it was low enough and far enough away that he couldn't make out exactly what the man was saying. The hallway behind him and into medical was fairly well lit, compared to the almost inky scene above him.

"Mitch, what's going on?" came a female voice from behind him. Doctor Berkham moved quickly up to him, crouching next to him. She placed a hand on his shoulder, and even through what he was wearing it felt like ice.

Berkham herself looked like she'd had about enough. Her hair was a rat's nest of tangles and snarls, her eyes a sunken shadow of past shine. Even her skin looked almost translucent, sickly. It might have occurred to Mitch that he probably didn't look much better.

"I loaded everybody into the escape raft. I set it so that unless one of us goes back for it, it'll launch and head right for Dangus." Her voice said, wavering. There was an easy to detect fear there. "I... I thought you could use the help," she added sheepishly.

~*~ The Bridge ~*~

Lourenne, the poor girl, was shaking like a leaf. First being thrown to Dakota, and now with guns going off, she looked like she was barely holding back the flood of tears that so obviously wanted to come. As Dakota brought her into the conspiracy, the girl let out only the slightest of whimpers and nodded.

To her credit, Lourenne was gifted even under pressure. Her hands stopped shaking as soon as they touched the keyboard, and deft movements quickly had the screen filling with data. Dakota would have been pressed to keep up, as the girl assembled files from all across the ship's systems. Weapons data, hull schematics, floor plans, cargo lists that spanned ten months or more.

Behind them, the shuffling of armored footsteps were the only thing going on. Heavily armored pirates, many of them wielding large fully automatic weapons, took up positions in what little cover the command area offered. The Linuat, seemingly unperturbed by the idea of being assaulted, kept his handgun trained on the mouse-like Lourenne's stomach. His eyes didn't blink, barely even focused on her.

"I hope for your sake that you do not take any rebellious advice from your friend, miss Rosenfeld. I would hope to not have to make an example out of either of you, until I have what I want," the almost sultry voice of the Linuat called. It was sickening, in the sense that something so obviously evil could have made such a pleasing sound.

~*~ Engineering ~*~

Thieli's blade flashed in the starlight, shining silvers and blues as it cleaved the air. Already, her opponent had moved himself from the blade's path. She could sense him more than she could see him, as the visual spectrum of light was scarce here. It was his body, his breath, that she could all but taste. As she returned from her strike, her predator's senses were alive with everything in the room.

Darkness closed her eyes for her, but the distant scent of his temperature gave her a direction to head. Pale oranges and muted reds outlined the spaces either of them touched, giving an odd sort of wireframe look to everything. At the far wall she could sense him moving, gliding along the floor as silently and effortlessly as the air he was warming around him.

"Leen ess-ay?" the words disrupted her focus, causing her tracking senses to give pause. "The humans call me 'shadow spirit,' you know. I find the name... fitting."

Now he chose to mimic her earlier strike, punctuating his last word with a swift lunge for her midsection. In close proximity, the dim light gave away his chosen weapons. Lacking the Sreekaanse ceremonial blade, her opponent had fashioned two wrist-mounted blades. They swung above and below each hand, wrapping his arm to the first joint in an armor plating. In his strike he thrust his lower arm forward in an attempt to gut her, while his upper arm rose in a shielding motion.

"Need ah-nah, nehth bare-ehth. Ah-glar far-oth, ah-glar ee-ah!"
_________________
. Dubbed "Usagi" by AsA .
Keeper of the Siderean Swords

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Elveron phpBB theme/template by Ulf Frisk and Michael Schaeffer
Copyright Ulf Frisk, Michael Schaeffer 2004


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group